Judd on loan to Barnet

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Judd on loan to Barnet

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:53 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:49 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:44 pm All right backs fit, is Judd your first choice?
I'd go Turley, Judd, Julie the tea lady, Ling.

I can't comment on Thomas really, he hasn't been given a proper chance. I think he should have been given more game time to at least see.

Akinola is not a right back.
I'd probably go the same. I'd prefer none of them, but Turley would be my first choice now, but I'd just prefer for us to go out and start again in that position. Send Thomas back, get Judd a move elsewhere, keep Turley as cover, bin off Ling and let Akinola stay in the middle with a new right back signing an 18 month deal in January.
New right back - a proper, seasoned right back - with the young Judd as cover is the ideal.

As it was 2 f*cking years ago, and we've been saying the same ever since.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:30 pm Should progress there. Will be in league one within 4 years.
Sam Ling will be there in 1
😀
Wasp
Fresh Alias

Post by Wasp »

All this talk of RB, I think we need to sort our left back problem out before anything else.

Brophy is our best attacking threat and should never be played there and Widdowson has been an utter embarrassment whenever he’s played this season. Much worse than Ling.

Got to sign a LB ASAP, or bring back Ogie if they deem him ready.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Wasp wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:26 am All this talk of RB, I think we need to sort our left back problem out before anything else.

Brophy is our best attacking threat and should never be played there and Widdowson has been an utter embarrassment whenever he’s played this season. Much worse than Ling.

That isn’t true
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

UpminsterO wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:58 am Can Dave victor please ask what occurred to warrant Judd being sent out

Is the idea to prove his fitness and he will return for next season or is the divorce never to be loves and kisses again
Barnet have an option for extended loan.

My guess is that Juddy needs to grow up & the
Club has put him on Notice , shape up or you will be gone .
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Wasp wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:26 am All this talk of RB, I think we need to sort our left back problem out before anything else.

Widdowson, an embarrassment when he plays!

Stop being silly man.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Good luck to Judd
He needs to get away from Embleford’s preening over indulgence of the Ling Dynasty
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

A great chance for Judd to prove TO HIMSELF that he's got what it takes. Ignore the nepotism stuff, Justin never really gave him a run and a run is what he really needs at his age. He's definitely not the smartest of players but nobody could ever fault his effort. I think Barnet will like what they see. I hope they do. GL.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

UpminsterO wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:58 am Can Dave victor please ask what occurred to warrant Judd being sent out

Is the idea to prove his fitness and he will return for next season or is the divorce never to be loves and kisses again
You think you’ll get a straight answer?

I’ve no doubt Embleton would tell him Juddy has the chance to go out and get some match fitness so he can come back and challenge and all that bullshit but if it works out well, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sold to them before the end of the January transfer window.

Flowers is no mug at that level.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He'll be out of contract end of season won't he?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:34 am He'll be out of contract end of season won't he?
Yes.

But if it goes well, there would be a lot of interest in him and Flowers won’t want to hang about, and we won’t miss a chance to get rid ASAP.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

We do need another LB so there's competition in that spot (and so Brophy never has to play there again) but saying Widdowson is an embarrassment is way wide of the mark.

The RB spot has conceded far more goals. Both need improving with a new first-choice player for us to make progress.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:36 am
Yes Juddy :lol:
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Good luck. I noticed that opposition used to aim high balls to him which caused us issues. Seems a god guy but a bit reckless in some challenges
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:42 am
Probably backs up the unprofessionalism shout though...
Wasp
Fresh Alias

Post by Wasp »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:30 am

Stop being silly man.

His distribution is Ithsmian League standard, he dives in recklessly and offers literally nothing going forward. He was ok for us in NL but he is utterly woeful. Miles worse than Ling this season.

I just deal in facts...
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:04 pm
That maybe so but he’s obviously frustrated. He could have done a lot more than to like that tweet.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Wasp wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:05 pm
Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:30 am

Stop being silly man.

His distribution is Ithsmian League standard, he dives in recklessly and offers literally nothing going forward. He was ok for us in NL but he is utterly woeful. Miles worse than Ling this season.

I just deal in facts...
One of the most ridiculous things ever been posted on here
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

From what I have seen, Turley would be my first choice right back but Ling seems to be automatic choice regardless of how limited his game is. Widdowson is a very average left back and like Ling has very limited skills when it comes to the attacking part of his game. If it were down to me, neither Ling or Widdowson would be retained for next season.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:05 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:04 pm
That maybe so but he’s obviously frustrated. He could have done a lot more than to like that tweet.
I understand that, but it plays into the hands of those that say he is petulant and doesn't live like a footballer. Not many would have done that so brazenly. I get he is frustrated, but that really was dumb. Next time Tuffers comes on and goes on about him being unprofessional, he now has something solid.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Those claims have never been backed up though. What is he doing for Ling to say he isn’t living like a footballer? He’s 21 and has had his career stifled. He could come into training every day, never go out drinking and have a vegan diet but he wouldn’t get a chance to play until Sam Ling gets injured. If liking a tweet is the best people have for him being unprofessional then it isn’t much.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Well, it puts him in a club of Jamie Jones, George Porter and himself - to leave and do what he did there. Was a silly move.

Of course those claims haven't been backed up though. I'm definitely in agreement that 'he doesn't live like a footballer' is not fair to put in the public, I 100% agree. But it went mostly under the radar, if it was followed up by; 'he's a poor trainer, he goes out too much with his mates, he doesn't sleep properly, he doesn't have a good diet' that would mean it had been backed up (although some would still claim Ling is lying), BUT it would have made Judd look much worse than the original claim. I don't know if he is or not anyway, but this was stupid, really.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Maybe it was Ling not thinking before he spoke, again. Then again the club have the option to review what was said an re-record.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:12 pm Maybe it was Ling not thinking before he spoke, again. Then again the club have the option to review what was said an re-record.
I don't think there's anyone left at the Club now (besides the owners) who would dare suggest to Ling that anything he has said was unwise.