Brexit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Brexit

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:39 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:59 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 am We'll be straight into a recession ✖
£394 billion in debt lor 2020 ✔
Worst economic plunge for 300 years ✔
Little to do with EU membership ✓
Already spent a 1/3 of the Brexit emergency support budget ✔

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKBN28R00F
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Cant wait for politicians and people on here to call it a bad deal before it's been published
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:50 pm Cant wait for politicians and people on here to call it a bad deal before it's been published
It will be less than we have now. Therefore, it can only be a bad deal.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:04 pm We will prosper, the only way we will not is when we have the likes of negative thinking people like odious, Lord Adonis, Grieve, Soubry and the usual suspects and people like yourself still locked into the EU sinking ship. Look ahead not backwards. The UK is a great place to be which is why thousands travel through Europe to get here instead of the settling in the countries that bypass.
Its actually pretty crap and I was looking forward to retiring in Europe.
Thanks to all the daft old flag wavers who have messed it up for me.
You can still go to you five grand shack in Bulgaria or 90p house in an idyllic mountainous village in Italy that they are selling off to pipe dreamers. It is not exactly emigrating to Australia. I know people who have places in Europe , got residency. There are 4 million EU nationals settling here. No problem at all. Stop being a drama dreamer. You go, you will be fine but, soon be creeping back to have parts of your body replaced on the good old NHS no doubt, knees , hips and boring everyone in the waiting room as to ‘how lovely’ the Full English Breakfast is in Costa del Sol. Good grief!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:50 pm Cant wait for politicians and people on here to call it a bad deal before it's been published

1st in the spotlight no doubt
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:19 pm
o-no wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:13 pm
Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:04 pm We will prosper, the only way we will not is when we have the likes of negative thinking people like odious, Lord Adonis, Grieve, Soubry and the usual suspects and people like yourself still locked into the EU sinking ship. Look ahead not backwards. The UK is a great place to be which is why thousands travel through Europe to get here instead of the settling in the countries that bypass.
I admire your optimism, I do - but seriously, you think thousands travel through Europe to come to the UK because it's so great?

You don't think it might be because some of them already have family connections here and many of them already have a smattering of English.

I suspect that uninformed migrants might still believe the UK is a soft touch on the benefits front as well.
I agree with your last paragraph. People do come here as despite negativity that you seem to promote , we are a great country , certainly when it comes to human rights and equality. This despite some saying we are ‘institutionally racist’ which is nonsense in my view. We have left the EU a year ago. It is in the interests of us an the EU to maintain a status quo of sort to ensure prosperity for all , especially as regards as to current events with Covid. We will prosper for sure.
I hope we prosper. I hope that for everyone, but I want to understand WHY you think we will proper for sure, because if it's 'for sure' you must have some fairly compelling reasons to believe that, and I'd like to know what they are. It's in the interests of the EU to maintain the status quo for the remainder of the EU community - not us, we have rejected the status quo and left.

Blind optimism isn't going to cut it I'm afraid. This isn't negativity, it's realism.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 am We'll be straight into a recession ✖
Get real, the grim financial figures above, well you seem to have forgotten the Covid virus, nothing to do with UK leaving the EU.
Same grim financial crisis the world over due to Covid.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:26 pm
Get real, the grim financial figures above, well you seem to have forgotten the Covid virus, nothing to do with UK leaving the EU.
Same grim financial crisis the world over due to Covid.
Yes sid the covid money that magically apperared

From the brexit support fund perhaps ?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKBN28R00F

I dont think germany or france have there worst downturn in 3 centuries &
Im not even sure the United states was more than a baby of a country back then
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:02 pm
You can still go to you five grand shack in Bulgaria or 90p house in an idyllic mountainous village in Italy that they are selling off to pipe dreamers. It is not exactly emigrating to Australia. I know people who have places in Europe , got residency. There are 4 million EU nationals settling here. No problem at all. Stop being a drama dreamer. You go, you will be fine but, soon be creeping back to have parts of your body replaced on the good old NHS no doubt, knees , hips and boring everyone in the waiting room as to ‘how lovely’ the Full English Breakfast is in Costa del Sol. Good grief!
You are just an ignorant prat and obviously know nothing of the beautiful countries of Europe.
I do not need to buy a hovel or a 90p house, never been to the costa del sol or had a full english abroad.
Get your Blue passport to admire, buy your spuds by the lb and dribble your days away in the sh*tty council care home
Just hope there is a still a foreign care assistant to wipe your arse, or will a jobless Brexiteer do it?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:38 pm I forgot to say, this exit from EU has cost this country £200 BILLION, more than being members cost us for the entire 43 years.
At least next week the NHS will get the promised £350 million a week........wont it?????????
Think you’ll find the nhs has already benefited from it, look it up and you’ll see it has had massive cash injections since we left and 15bn of debt written off. I’d say that’s a decent start wouldn’t you?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Is it done yet?
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Why was the NHS in 'debt'? I don't think that is the positive you think it is. Nor is it being 'written off' the benevolence it was sold as.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Bet the red wall will be gutted at the loss of Erasmus
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:54 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:38 pm I forgot to say, this exit from EU has cost this country £200 BILLION, more than being members cost us for the entire 43 years.
At least next week the NHS will get the promised £350 million a week........wont it?????????
Think you’ll find the nhs has already benefited from it, look it up and you’ll see it has had massive cash injections since we left and 15bn of debt written off. I’d say that’s a decent start wouldn’t you?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... staff.html

Most Nightingale hospitals may never fully open due to
a shortage of NHS staff - while each patient admitted
so far has cost £1MILLION to treat

------------
From your personal favourite
The daily fail thory !

So if you say half those who died in hospita from covid
Its safe to say a cost of £30 billion .
A loss of 15 billion thorby
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

So there were 65 key issues.

The UK won 28 of them
The EU won 11 of them
Mutual compromise on 26 of them

Seems like we won the negotiations.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:24 pm So there were 65 key issues.

The UK won 28 of them
The EU won 11 of them
Mutual compromise on 26 of them

Seems like we won the negotiations.
Errr not quite , but if you believe it
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:29 pm

You are just an ignorant prat and obviously know nothing of the beautiful countries of Europe.
I do not need to buy a hovel or a 90p house, never been to the costa del sol or had a full english abroad.
Get your Blue passport to admire, buy your spuds by the lb and dribble your days away in the sh*tty council care home
Just hope there is a still a foreign care assistant to wipe your arse, or will a jobless Brexiteer do it?
I see you have read the small print.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

I do not need a blue passport as I have an Irish one. I have been to every European Country before age of 25, most before aged 16 on ID cards. Been several numerous times over, Have extended family in France, Germany, Denmark, Austria , Greece , Cyprus , Portugal , Italy and Bulgaria. Skiing is super in Europe, far better than the States in my view. I adore Europe but do not want to live under an unelected dictatorship .
Sir Kier just stated we have a great country, why don’t you think of your country instead of yourself?

You can still retire to cost del Sol with your communal pool and insult people there in your knotted handkerchief hat, string vest, rolled up tracksuit bottoms as you paddle in the sea, dining on good old Pie and Mash, and dancing to the Birdie Song in the bar.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:50 pm

I do not need a blue passport as I have an Irish one.
Fully fledged WEST BRIT THEN

pah !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:59 pm
Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:50 pm

I do not need a blue passport as I have an Irish one.
Fully fledged WEST BRIT THEN

pah !
I have duel Nationality. I don’t use the term you use as you know why.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:00 pm

You should show the real ones.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:06 pm

You dont get it do you ?

🤣😂

Cilla Durham Dom steve mcfadden etc
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:30 pm

You dont get it do you ?

🤣😂

I do but I remember the real pictures of scenes up town and locally . Was horrendous, rats everywhere.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:30 pm

You dont get it do you ?

🤣😂

The country is full of pissed off people. Cherry Picking will do a job.