FAO Racists

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: FAO Racists

Post by Dohnut »

Admin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:23 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:16 pm
Admin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Fucks sake - don’t encourage him.
:lol:

I mean about the racism he has suffered.
Probably the Same racism Lozza Fox suffers from.
Silly comment and you know it. If you can’t enter sensible debate my advice is keep quiet.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:21 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:48 pm
Is it wrong for Cancer Research UK to do charity fundraising pledges? Would you stand in front of a little old lady with a collection tin and say to people as they put money in 'You know Dementia matters too, right?!' to them?
Or maybe this, Doh?
Cancer research advertise on TV. So do The Dementia charity and a myriad of others. All bringing home one simple fact. That being there is more than one issue that needs attention. All valid, all deserving, all worthy of our attention.

As a matter of interest I have supported Cancer Research U.K. via a standing order for well over 25 years, probably near 40 years, I don’t count. My chosen charity if you like. That doesn’t mean I don’t recognise the value of other organisations and the work they do.

In the same way i understand the motives of BLM but also recognise the other issues that exist.
Right, but that's really not the question I asked and I chose my words purposefully.

Because you support CRUK (good for you, me too), would you, when supporting that charity, decide to tell their collector that 'dementia matters too, and we need to be aware of that' or would you realise that was unnecessary to say or do there and then as that day and moment and interaction was specifically about CRUK? Would you post on their social media page during their awareness week that actually dementia is just as important?

2nd question - you do realise that myself, RH, AW and Admin have not said that other types of racism aren't important? You keep bringing that up but I'm unsure why.

If you don't mind answering that directly that would be brilliant for understanding you in this debate.
Last edited by PoliticOs on Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Admin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Fucks sake - don’t encourage him.

:D
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 pm

Silly comment and you know it. If you can’t enter sensible debate my advice is keep quiet.
Like you when asked to provide examples of the racism you have suffered?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Like you when asked to provide examples of the racism you have suffered?
I repeat this issue is not about me nor my personal experiences. They are irrelevant. I won’t get drawn into petty point scoring, the issue is far too serious. Grow up.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Superb.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

I'd actually be interested too though Dohnut. I know you like the debate (me too, whole reason I signed up) and I know you like to keep learning. I'm a white guy and I have never experienced racism I'm aware of myself in all my years, so it would be interesting to know the type of situation you've experienced if you don't mind sharing so we can see a different perspective.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Same here. White male, have never experienced racism in my lifetime.

I’m intrigued to know how dohys experience is so different.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:38 pm I'd actually be interested too though Dohnut. I know you like the debate (me too, whole reason I signed up) and I know you like to keep learning. I'm a white guy and I have never experienced racism I'm aware of myself in all my years, so it would be interesting to know the type of situation you've experienced if you don't mind sharing so we can see a different perspective.
I worked for a multi-national company and I failed (was discouraged) to get a position I was interested in because the “team” I would be working with were all, let’s say, not very pro British. A clique was in operation, they wanted their own to join. I didn’t push it. I was not made welcome, a series of obstacles were put in my way and my discussions were, from their end, quite hostile.

I was not welcome, that was clear.

Hardly something that rates high on the Richter scale. But a very small taste of the sort of thing others get every day of the week.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

By 'British', you mean 'white' in this instance, i'm assuming?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:53 pm By 'British', you mean 'white', i'm assuming?
No, everybody was white, middle class, similar age. Suit and tie clones. The team were largely French, with Dutch and German members. I was an interloper from the U.K. Maybe they just didn’t like me, I know they were quite disrespectful towards the U.K. arm of the business at that time. Made very clear at international management meetings. Who knows, I never knew. They recruited from within their circle as far as I recall.

It’s no big deal. But what sticks in the memory was the feeling of being totally unwanted, a nuisance where they
had to go through the motions to appear fair and unbiased, to play the game whilst knowing, we all knew, I wasn’t going to get to join them. Damned before I opened my mouth. Wrong side of the channel.

Like I say no big deal. Small potatoes, But not something I would want to experience every day of my life.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:11 am
PoliticOs wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:53 pm By 'British', you mean 'white', i'm assuming?
No, everybody was white, middle class, similar age. Suit and tie clones. The team were largely French, with Dutch and German members. I was an interloper from the U.K. Maybe they just didn’t like me, I know they were quite disrespectful towards the U.K. arm of the business at that time. Made very clear at international management meetings. Who knows, I never knew. They recruited from within their circle as far as I recall.

It’s no big deal. But what sticks in the memory was the feeling of being totally unwanted, a nuisance where they
had to go through the motions to appear fair and unbiased, to play the game whilst knowing, we all knew, I wasn’t going to get to join them. Damned before I opened my mouth. Wrong side of the channel.

Like I say no big deal. Small potatoes, But not something I would want to experience every day of my life.
So in your multi-national company 'everybody was white, middle class, similar age' and you're still unsure why some of us are telling you that whilst all racism is bad, some groups are clearly suffering worse and therefore this needs attention?!
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I’m sure it was only your nationality that held you back :lol:
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thank you for sharing your personal example of racism with the group, dohy. That must have been difficult for you. I take back all of my comments above now I realise how much first hand experience you have of racism, how it has impacted your life and how knowledgeable and well-informed you are on this vile topic.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Also, do you have any examples of actual racism ?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:11 am

So a white guy in suits was allegedly treated unfairly by some other white guys in suits. And you call this racism?

Has it crossed your mind they might’ve just thought you were a tw*t?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

What’s with the ALM business?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:48 am

He thinks 'Black Lives Matter' is divisive and ignores the racism others, like himself, have had to suffer over the years. Hence supporting ALM.
Last edited by Ronnie Hotdogs on Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:49 pm Don't you like your new name? Thought you were all about ALM?
Is this something like Bleeds Red did a few years ago?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:50 am
Disoriented wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:48 am

He thinks 'Black Lives Matter' is divisive and ignores the racism others, like himself, have had to suffer over the years. Hence supporting ALM.
Yes, have gone back in the thread so now I can see what it is all about.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:50 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:49 pm Don't you like your new name? Thought you were all about ALM?
It's something like when he had his name changed to F**k the Poor last year, when he was slagging off foodbank users.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:52 am
Disoriented wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:50 am
It's something like when he had his name changed to F**k the Poor last year, when he was slagging off foodbank users.
f*** the poor and fat to be precise. Him and his pal Sid were having a right old gammon fest about how fat and poor people were lording it up at foodbanks, turning up in Bentleys, smoking big old Havana’s whilst bags of food were literally being forklifted into their motors.

Well something along those lines anyway. I may we’ll be exaggerating slightly but you get the gist
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Laughing and smoking as they emerged with their free shopping if I recall.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For the record, I’ve worked with the CAB in assisting people in getting food from foodbanks and the process of applying etc is lengthy and for the applicant pretty dehumanising in terms of the checks they have to go through. And almost all of those applying that I dealt with didn’t want to be there. They were embarrassed and ashamed at their situation.

And yet maffy and his ilk know different.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Admin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:06 am For the record, I’ve worked with the CAB in assisting people in getting food from foodbanks and the process of applying etc is lengthy and for the applicant pretty dehumanising in terms of the checks they have to go through. And almost all of those applying that I dealt with didn’t want to be there. They were embarrassed and ashamed at their situation.

And yet maffy and his ilk know different.
Please don't dismiss him like that. Maffy can relate to foodbank users from his experience of the Waitrose lunchtime meal deals.