Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by faldO »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:05 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:51 pm
faldO wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:40 am People will get side effects, which should disappear quickly.

Then there will be adverse drug reactions (ADRs) which are monitored by health agencies.

And - given the demographic to which the vaccine is given - 100s of people will die within a short time (days/weeks/months) of getting the vaccine.

The challenge is to weed out what is attributed to the vaccine vs what is not.

I expect the press will have a field day with it and it will be a different thing to scaremonger about.
That's my worry. The sheer volume of people who'll be taking it almost simultaneously means that a)totally unrelated clusters of 'symptoms' will be jumped upon by the press and b) a tiny number of people will have adverse reactions. A significant number of people will then say 'well I'm not taking it' as the explanation of the risks (ie there is a tiny residual one but almost infinitely less than catching the actual disease, which will likely happen if not enough people get the vaccine and you yourself don't get the vaccine) has been so poorly communicated.
This is the wrong argument.

You’re not being vaccinated to stop you getting ill with it, it’s (primarily) to stop you spreading it. Maybe people would be more likely to take it up if that was made clearer?
This is also the wrong argument. The primary reason for taking the vaccine is to reduce the impact of covid in an individual (death or hospitalisation). Plus the knock on effect of reducing pressure on the NHS.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dohnut wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 am Results back today. My daughter has tested positive. She has always been mega careful. OTT in fact. But as a teacher the risks are there. As a consequence her, her husband and two children now need to isolate. For my granddaughter who is an apprentice in a nursery add two weeks loss of money. Though that is secondary to their well-being.

No doubt thanks to those selfish arseholes who don’t take the this virus seriously taking an “I’m all right Jack” approach. So for the next two weeks we all wait in the hope that there are no serious or long lasting implications.

So my message to all who don’t take this seriously. F off you selfish bastards.
I hope your daughter gets better soon.

One of the things we can take from the governments advice is to wash your hands frequently, ensure that you wear a face covering, and keep your space from others. If you do all that then you will surely reduce your chances catching it. Follow the advice and stay safe everyone. (Doh that’s not a dig just reenforcijg the government message)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 am Results back today. My daughter has tested positive. She has always been mega careful. OTT in fact. But as a teacher the risks are there. As a consequence her, her husband and two children now need to isolate. For my granddaughter who is an apprentice in a nursery add two weeks loss of money. Though that is secondary to their well-being.

No doubt thanks to those selfish arseholes who don’t take the this virus seriously taking an “I’m all right Jack” approach. So for the next two weeks we all wait in the hope that there are no serious or long lasting implications.

Wishing your Daughter all the best Doh ,
Boarding personas mean nothing when
1 of ours or there loved ones face illness .
Take care fella , try not to stress to much
Which isnt going to be easy .
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:03 am Clearly your daughter hasn’t been careful enough. But I wish her well and am sure she’ll be absolutely fine, as nearly everyone of her age who catches it will be.

Why isn’t your granddaughter still being paid by her employer?
We live in the real world. She/we have been aware of the risks and despite taking all reasonable precautions we all know that only reduces risk, it does not remove risk. Her husband due to his job has worked throughout both lockdowns and his company have provided him with a rental car so he can avoid public transport. Precautions in action. But his risks remain high. He has responsibility for the safety of others, in London.

My daughter works in a school and did her stint looking after the children of key workers during lockdown. Impossible to totally avoid risk. The risk that increases due to how careful parents are. As she teaches early years, parents are young and who can tell how careful they are. Impossible to totally remove risk.

For both, it is surprising they have avoided the virus for so long. Due to their risks, she lives next door to us, we have been very careful for months to avoid my wife and I getting it, we are in that difficult age group. We wait and see.

The real risk is from those who totally ignore the rules and cause this virus to spread, thereby increasing the risks she has now succumbed to.

We are looking into pay and given her circumstances she may well not get paid. She does not have Covid as far as we know, not too sure if she is eligible for SSP not any of the conditions that exist to generate payment. Still looking into it. But don’t look promising.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:03 am Clearly your daughter hasn’t been careful enough.
Nice. Is that your attitude to everyone that has contracted Covid?
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Ronnie thinks it's clever to post these kind of responses - a mixture of faux stupidity and simply taking the Pythoneqsue contradictory point of view.

It might be funny on the football / politics threads but on the covid threads it's pretty pathetic.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Any of the olds on here in line to get the vaccine?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Blame the government, not the people.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ornchurch wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:58 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:03 am Clearly your daughter hasn’t been careful enough.
Don't be such a delicate little snowflake. But I am of course sorry if you were upset or offended by my post.

But in response to your question, yes, that's obviously the case. If you catch it, you haven't been careful enough - how can you dispute that?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:12 pm Any of the olds on here in line to get the vaccine?
Dunnem messaged me yesterday to say he's booked in for next Wednesday.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:36 pm
Don't be such a delicate little snowflake. But I am of course sorry if you were upset or offended by my post.

But in response to your question, yes, that's obviously the case. If you catch it, you haven't been careful enough - how can you dispute that?
That of course clearly ignores the fact that some people, because of their job which involves looking after others, put themselves unselfishly in harms way. But of course let’s blame them. Nice. Or just plain ignorant.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

As a consequence of my teacher daughter testing positive, the school headmaster has gone into school today to ensure the entire year (bubble) are told not to come in. 60 children at home with all the ramifications that may have for their parents and grandparents. Teachers in that year too are being told to stay away too. The school are reducing risk to others, well done to them, they are being very proactive. School Christmas festivities for the kids gone too.

So many affected due to one case. It’s not hard to see just how this virus impacts on people’s lives. But we all know that.

Any wonder I get angry when I see and hear of absolute morons ignoring measures just so they can have a good time or think the rules don’t apply to them, because they are in a low risk age group.

Said it before and will say it again. Selfish arseholes.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why's he going in when it's Saturday?

What makes you think this is down to people ignoring measures?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:14 pm Why's he going in when it's Saturday?

Gone on Saturday following conversation with my daughter, I assume to contact as many people as possible so they don’t turn up Monday morning. Gives people Sunday to sort stuff out. Details will be at the school. I see that as very proactive.

Talking about proactive, my daughter phoned in sick, she assumed it was a cold, the school sent round within the hour a test kit. Test sent off same day, Thursday, results Saturday morning. Slick. Working hard to control the spread.

No one knows exactly where this has been picked up on. What we do know is people ignoring measures increase the chances of infection. People not following guidelines has been blamed in France and Italy for their surge. I live 200 yards away from a primary school and I see it every day. Parents chatting at the gates, no face masks, no social distancing. The school for its part installed a portable classroom to aid distancing following the first lockdown. They have had 3 cases. I wonder why!
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:36 pm

It takes more than you to offend me fella. You be careful yourself out there.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Dohnut wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:39 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:14 pm Why's he going in when it's Saturday?

Gone on Saturday following conversation with my daughter, I assume to contact as many people as possible so they don’t turn up Monday morning. Gives people Sunday to sort stuff out. Details will be at the school. I see that as very proactive.

Talking about proactive, my daughter phoned in sick, she assumed it was a cold, the school sent round within the hour a test kit. Test sent off same day, Thursday, results Saturday morning. Slick. Working hard to control the spread.

No one knows exactly where this has been picked up on. What we do know is people ignoring measures increase the chances of infection. People not following guidelines has been blamed in France and Italy for their surge. I live 200 yards away from a primary school and I see it every day. Parents chatting at the gates, no face masks, no social distancing. The school for its part installed a portable classroom to aid distancing following the first lockdown. They have had 3 cases. I wonder why!
There is no need to wear face masks outside.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

United Staes will hit 300,000 deaths in the next 2 days .

An unbelievable number .

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... gws-wiz-hp
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

If only we'd followed the Welsh and had a circuit breaker we'd have had a much shorter lockdown and not needed further measures

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Sorry to hear that and I echo your sentiments, especially to the idiots attending football matches.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Still wrong wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:21 pm

What planet are you on?
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

see that Ronnie has got someone else nibbling can't be much sport the way some people bite.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

my daughters school we've been asked to wear masks while waiting to pick them up and drop them off. I'm sure most schools have done the same but you can't make people wear the masks. They've had 14 cases 12 of which have been staff. it seems as if the staff room is the most prevalent place for teachers to catch it.

My daughters been lucky she's only been off for a week one of her isolation weeks was half term and two of the years haven't missed any time at all.

Having said that one of the years is now off for the second time.

Know a few people who aren't sending their kids back this week to protect them for xmas.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

JimbO wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:32 am
Know a few people who aren't sending their kids back this week to protect them for xmas.
TBF all schools should shut this week.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

JimbO wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:25 am
see that Ronnie has got someone else nibbling can't be much sport the way some people bite.
Was it a wind up? I thought it was him being his usual dickhead self :lol:
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 pm
Still wrong wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:21 pm

What planet are you on?
The realistic planet, unlike you.
Walking around in the fresh air wearing a filthy face mask.
How pathetic.
There is no evidence that wearing one of these cheap lumps of cloth makes any difference, in fact it could make matters worst by breathing in stale air.
Besides, there is no rule that you need to wear them outside.