Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Thor »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am I died once and I don't recommend it. In reality absolutely nothing happens. Please try to avoid dying. It is very boring.
No bright lights? No family member guiding you? No one saying its not your time go back? Or you saying send me back?

These are the sort of things people say, did you experience anything at all?

Glad you pulled through, keep going Clive life is to be enjoyed as I'm sure you'll agree.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

PoliticOs :- I think I am a bit unusual as I have total recall of all that happened prior to me collapsing and the moment they brought me out of the coma, a period of I think around 2 hours. I don't recall my heart beating again as I was out of it. When I came round, they asked me if I knew where I was and I told them " guess Basildon Hospital " They said that I had a cardiac arrest & ambulanceman gave CPR and brought me back. That was the good news. They then said hold on, we gonna give you a catheter and shove few tubes down your gob!
After discharge, nursie told me it is not unusual for people to loose 2 or 3 weeks prior to the collapse. I guess collapsing whilst in the care of ambulance staff, meant CPR kept me ticking over nicely. All in all a sudden heart attack like I had, is not a bad way to go, as it was painless. My mate however was in agonising pain when he had a heart attack, but his heart just about kept ticking over.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Thor, it was similar to going to sleep, but you normally have some sort of sensation in sleep. It was just like someone throwing a switch. No dreams nothing! But my mind was very, very focused when I came round. The ten days in Hospital was a bit of a roller coaster. You naturally wonder if you will suddenly keel over again. 9 out of 10 people who suffer cardiac arrests in Hospital, never make it out alive. I hadn't even made to the hospital. Emergency workers are not all that keen on CPR as often the final result is not good. That's why I like to advertise what happened to me. In my two hours out of it, I am sorry to say, that I saw no signs of Orient winning the Double or being European Champions. You have to have dreams for that.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

PutneyO wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:32 pm
A Pedant wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 am
PutneyO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 pm These are the latest figures..... 55,230 people have died from Coronavirus in the UK. The population of the UK is 68,027,042 million. SO, 0.08% have died..... Applying the same figures to Wembley Stadiums capacity of 90.000, ..... 0.07% of that crowd at Wembley would have died........

Well done Boris you blithering idiot !
You do realise that without interventions in the spring onwards, our NHS would have been overwhelmed and many thousands more would have died because they wouldn't have been able to get medical help?

Do you think that things that kill many fewer people than Covid-19 are not worthy of interventions as well? Say, terrorist attacks, unsafe housing, transport accidents and so on? Or is something only worth dealing with when it kills millions of people?

I find this whole 'who cares if tens of thousands of people have died, it's only a small percentage of the whole population?' attitude to be both bizarre and distasteful. It smacks of 'that person's life is worth less than my life'.

And your Wembley Stadium comparison is just weird. The number of people who have died in total in the UK so far (note, so far) from Covid-19 is well over half the total capacity of Wembley Stadium. How would you have reacted a year ago if a major infection had taken hold at a full crowd at Wembley Stadium and killed over half of the people there? Would you really have said "oh well, never mind, it's only 0.08% of the total population, no need to stop it spreading further"?
A Pendant, I was just reproducing the true statistics, I regret that you can't accept the reality of the situation
I trust you don't work in a job where empathy is important.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

BoniO wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:10 pm
PutneyO wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:32 pm I was just reproducing the true statistics, I regret that you can't accept the reality of the situation
I trust you don't work in a job where empathy is important.
"Thank you for calling, please hold the line - your call is unimportant to us as you're just one of 68 million other people in the UK." :lol:
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I am sure that in years to come this will go down as the biggest public health scam in history. As sad as it may be , numbers of COVID related deaths against the total population are really small. The numbers certainly don’t / didn’t require the destruction of the economy/ people’s futures / mental health crisis / suicides to name a few.
And who said that we have the right to demand that we should live a troublefree life and live until we reach 80/90 years. Who promised us that life would be easy and without issues. Life throws problems at us and we have to deal with it.
Time to grow up , move on , get on with life as I have said previously. Life owes us nothing.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm I am sure that in years to come this will go down as the biggest public health scam in history. As sad as it may be , numbers of COVID related deaths against the total population are really small. The numbers certainly don’t / didn’t require the destruction of the economy/ people’s futures / mental health crisis / suicides to name a few.
And who said that we have the right to demand that we should live a troublefree life and live until we reach 80/90 years. Who promised us that life would be easy and without issues. Life throws problems at us and we have to deal with it.
Time to grow up , move on , get on with life as I have said previously. Life owes us nothing.
Why does every country on the planet have hospitals then ?

Why do we work ?

I know for a fact i can provide my own food by
Trapping catching sewing & reaping if needs be.

I dont need to work to earn money to do any of that .

If we are talikng scams , the biggest is the need for us to work
So we can provide !

Enough of this b*ll*cks about only x amount die because of a
Certain disease.

Lets go back to proper living & see how unfair it is on those
That cant provide for themselves & watch the weak die .
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I don’t want to watch the weak die. I want to support the weak and let the strong work. It’s a board full of opinions. These are just mine
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

And when this is over , the NHS will be over run again , but this time with all the people they wouldn’t treat through this COVID issue.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:32 pm I don’t want to watch the weak die. I want to support the weak and let the strong work. It’s a board full of opinions. These are just mine
But what about Growing up moving on & life owing us nothing?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:25 pm
George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm I am sure that in years to come this will go down as the biggest public health scam in history. As sad as it may be , numbers of COVID related deaths against the total population are really small. The numbers certainly don’t / didn’t require the destruction of the economy/ people’s futures / mental health crisis / suicides to name a few.

Why do we work ?

So we can provide !

Certain disease.

One of your most baffling posts on this subject yet
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:38 pm And when this is over , the NHS will be over run again , but this time with all the people they wouldn’t treat through this COVID issue.
The unbelievable people who work in the NHS wont let that happen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -episode-3
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:47 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:25 pm

Why do we work ?

So we can provide !

Certain disease.

One of your most baffling posts on this subject yet
Its not a post on this subject
It is a post on Life & Humanity dear fellow
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

So is the destruction of the economy , mass job losses , homelessness, mental health, suicides , not humanitarian issues.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

And when will we get the true loss of life figures that are directly attributed to COVID and not simply COVID related. My mother in law died of loneliness in a care home because after 83 years she could no longer see her family. Her death certificate notes Covid as the cause despite her not having a test or the symptoms. There will be many cases like that.
If and when this is over , why don’t we continue publishing daily death rates to keep us all positive
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:51 pm So is the destruction of the economy , mass job losses , homelessness, mental health, suicides , not humanitarian issues.
Why do we work ?

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:57 pm And when will we get the true loss of life figures that are directly attributed to COVID and not simply COVID related. My mother in law died of loneliness in a care home because after 83 years she could no longer see her family. Her death certificate notes Covid as the cause despite her not having a test or the symptoms. There will be many cases like that.
If and when this is over , why don’t we continue publishing daily death rates to keep us all positive
Sorry for your loss , but loneliness is not
A disease that will kill you . Even if you test positive
After a loneliness test .
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Thanks Tuffers. Loneliness is not a disease. But it will certainly contribute to death at that age. My point was that it was recorded as Covid on the death cert
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 pm Thanks Tuffers. Loneliness is not a disease. But it will certainly contribute to death at that age. My point was that it was recorded as Covid on the death cert
It may have been , but your point she died of
Loneliness will never be recorded on a
Death Certificate .
Even if it was from giving up the will to live because she had no visitors
due to a pandemic. Then it is clear her death can be attributed to
The circumstances of Corona/Covid lockdown.

Again sorry for the loss .

My point isnt about life being meaningless , but
Who chooses what is or isnt important to individuals .

What is relevant to one may not be relevant to others .
The mod moans on about school children not getting it Etc ,
He has a valid point , yet schools are being disrupted this
week especially due to covid as reported in the press.

The U.S doesnt have lockdown , yet most schools remain in
Lockdown over there & will untill next year.

The point of a society is we walk at the pace of our weakest members
As Jim Jeffries joke says

Because paula got f*cked up on drugs & stabbed her kids , we cant take drugs
Thanks Paula you numpty
Because steve lost control of his car when he was drunk & killed
Someone we all cant drink & drive
Cheers steve you numpty
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

FFS!

"The government’s £22bn test-and-trace system has failed to reach more than 100,000 people exposed to coronavirus in England’s worst-hit areas since the second wave began, official figures show, with four in 10 not asked to self-isolate.

A Guardian analysis found that the privately run arm of the test-and-trace programme had reached 58% of the close contacts of infected people in the country’s 20 worst-hit areas since 9 September, having barely improved since its launch."
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Anyone know what time the announcement about what tiers we are in will be broadcast tomorrow??
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

696 Newly announced deaths in a 24 hour period .
Highest since April .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm Thor, it was similar to going to sleep, but you normally have some sort of sensation in sleep. It was just like someone throwing a switch. No dreams nothing! But my mind was very, very focused when I came round. The ten days in Hospital was a bit of a roller coaster. You naturally wonder if you will suddenly keel over again. 9 out of 10 people who suffer cardiac arrests in Hospital, never make it out alive. I hadn't even made to the hospital. Emergency workers are not all that keen on CPR as often the final result is not good. That's why I like to advertise what happened to me. In my two hours out of it, I am sorry to say, that I saw no signs of Orient winning the Double or being European Champions. You have to have dreams for that.
Thanks for the reply Clive. I trust that you are well and living your life to the full as they say.

Stay well, stay safe and continue to enjoy each day and hopefully the way things are going we may have something to celebrate come May!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I just read if you have type O blood or negative blood then you are less likely to catch or die from covid as per Researchers from the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences in Toronto studied 225,556 people who had a blood test between 2007 and 2019 and also had a Covid test this year.

Hopefully this is a bit of positive news.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 pm 696 Newly anoujced deaths in a 24 hour period .
Highest since April .
It’s ok, they didn’t all die yesterday.