Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by PutneyO »

These are the latest figures..... 55,230 people have died from Coronavirus in the UK. The population of the UK is 68,027,042 million. SO, 0.08% have died..... Applying the same figures to Wembley Stadiums capacity of 90.000, ..... 0.07% of that crowd at Wembley would have died........

Well done Boris you blithering idiot !
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:07 pm
Thor wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 pm Or 99.95% coverage by your own body. I know what I'm gonna rely on.
Will you be doing the same in later life if you have to fight cancer
Heart disease etc ?
I won’t be getting anything so it won’t ever have to be considered. Positive thinking and all that.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:39 pm
Thor wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 pm Or 99.95% coverage by your own body. I know what I'm gonna rely on.
Heart disease etc ?
I won’t be getting anything so it won’t ever have to be considered. Positive thinking and all that.
Yeah like that ever stopped anyone being diagnosed
😂🤣

Oh thory you do make me chuckle .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Never said that did I?

I beleive in a positive Mindset, with a positive Mindset you can do anything. I do beleive your brain has the ability to stop things happening I.e being ill by not focussing on the negative energy that Illness brings. If you focus on bad things or negative things then that is what will happen. Focus on positive things and positive energy then that is what will happen.

Our brain is way more advanced than we even know or think about, we are just touching the surface of what man is capable of.

Be positive, think positive.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:52 pm Never said that did I?

I beleive in a positive Mindset, with a positive Mindset you can do anything. I do beleive your brain has the ability to stop things happening I.e being ill by not focussing on the negative energy that Illness brings. If you focus on bad things or negative things then that is what will happen. Focus on positive things and positive energy then that is what will happen.

Our brain is way more advanced than we even know or think about, we are just touching the surface of what man is capable of.

Righto Thory

Lance armstrong less positive than Thor
Stan Petrov
John Hartson
Carl Ikeme
All less positive than the Thorbyn !!
😁

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Where have I compared myself to anyone else? I’m just saying positive energy and mindset will help you in your life. That is all.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 pm
Heart disease etc ?
You sure thats what you said thory ?
😁
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:18 pm Where have I compared myself to anyone else? I’m just saying positive energy and mindset will help you in your life. That is all.
Thor wrote: ↑

Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Totally agree Thor.
You should have a meeting with Ross.
He spends most of his time worrying about the opposition and filling the players heads with rubbish.
Instead he should be confident and give the players a positive attitude.
Take the game to the opposition and ATTACK.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cavalier wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Totally agree Thor.
You should have a meeting with Boss.
He spends most of his time worrying about the opposition and filling the players heads with rubbish.
Instead he should be confident and give the players a positive attitude.
Take the game to the opposition and ATTACK.
IP address no 2 comes to rescue Thorson
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

The aussie view of the current UK covid mess https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/res ... 56haj.html
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

PutneyO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 pm These are the latest figures..... 55,230 people have died from Coronavirus in the UK. The population of the UK is 68,027,042 million. SO, 0.08% have died..... Applying the same figures to Wembley Stadiums capacity of 90.000, ..... 0.07% of that crowd at Wembley would have died........

Well said fella.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

PutneyO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 pm These are the latest figures..... 55,230 people have died from Coronavirus in the UK. The population of the UK is 68,027,042 million. SO, 0.08% have died..... Applying the same figures to Wembley Stadiums capacity of 90.000, ..... 0.07% of that crowd at Wembley would have died........

You do realise that without interventions in the spring onwards, our NHS would have been overwhelmed and many thousands more would have died because they wouldn't have been able to get medical help?

Do you think that things that kill many fewer people than Covid-19 are not worthy of interventions as well? Say, terrorist attacks, unsafe housing, transport accidents and so on? Or is something only worth dealing with when it kills millions of people?

I find this whole 'who cares if tens of thousands of people have died, it's only a small percentage of the whole population?' attitude to be both bizarre and distasteful. It smacks of 'that person's life is worth less than my life'.

And your Wembley Stadium comparison is just weird. The number of people who have died in total in the UK so far (note, so far) from Covid-19 is well over half the total capacity of Wembley Stadium. How would you have reacted a year ago if a major infection had taken hold at a full crowd at Wembley Stadium and killed over half of the people there? Would you really have said "oh well, never mind, it's only 0.08% of the total population, no need to stop it spreading further"?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I dont think comparing covid deaths to terrorist attacks is particularly helpful.

Over 10000 people die a week in this country, of all sorts of things.

I dont know what Putney O is getting at but I understand how annoying it is that the whole country is shutdown when deaths are currently not much above their normal level. I also understand something had to be done to stop it getting out of control though.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I don't understand the criticism that 'well that not many people are dying so why lockdown', when lockdowns are implemented to avoid high numbers of fatalities. The trajectory we were one was really dangerous and we saw back in march what happens when you delay too long. We arguably did this time around anyway.

Vaccine is on the horizon, the current situation is absolutely miserable but end is in sight.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Has this current lockdown "flattened the curve"?

Because short of hospitality and shops I never used anyway being shut it's basically normality with masks indoors
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Heart disease etc ?
All this needs is a fishing line emoji
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am Has this current lockdown "flattened the curve"?

Because short of hospitality and shops I never used anyway being shut it's basically normality with masks indoors
What's public transport usage like down in that London? Up here it seems like trains and buses are still way emptier as more people are working from home, so I'd guess that's having an effect.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Cases and deaths seem to have plateaued. That trend looks like it start just before lockdown, but there's something to be said for the idea that an imminent lockdown is a good hint to the public to cut the amount of social contact to do.

It's less of a lockdown than the first one for sure, but in absence of hospitality and the like, reckon people are definitely seeing a small network of friends and family.

Tube is quieter than it was pre lockdown but still occasionally getting busy.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:09 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am Has this current lockdown "flattened the curve"?

What's public transport usage like down in that London? Up here it seems like trains and buses are still way emptier as more people are working from home, so I'd guess that's having an effect.
Less than usual i.e. last year.

No less under this lockdown though, trains have been as busy as they have been since July/August time and haven't seen a drop off.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Beeb news website says that UK deaths are a fifth higher than normal. That is quite a leap. Covid 19 deniers should reflect on that and also be very careful at Christmas.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Its very little compared to the first wave though Clive

https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/static-re ... atest.html
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I died once and I don't recommend it. In reality absolutely nothing happens. Please try to avoid dying. It is very boring.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

A Pedant wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 am

You do realise that without interventions in the spring onwards, our NHS would have been overwhelmed and many thousands more would have died because they wouldn't have been able to get medical help?

Do you think that things that kill many fewer people than Covid-19 are not worthy of interventions as well? Say, terrorist attacks, unsafe housing, transport accidents and so on? Or is something only worth dealing with when it kills millions of people?

I find this whole 'who cares if tens of thousands of people have died, it's only a small percentage of the whole population?' attitude to be both bizarre and distasteful. It smacks of 'that person's life is worth less than my life'.

And your Wembley Stadium comparison is just weird. The number of people who have died in total in the UK so far (note, so far) from Covid-19 is well over half the total capacity of Wembley Stadium. How would you have reacted a year ago if a major infection had taken hold at a full crowd at Wembley Stadium and killed over half of the people there? Would you really have said "oh well, never mind, it's only 0.08% of the total population, no need to stop it spreading further"?
A Pendant, I was just reproducing the true statistics, I regret that you can't accept the reality of the situation
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am I died once and I don't recommend it. In reality absolutely nothing happens. Please try to avoid dying. It is very boring.
Morbid question Clive, feel free to ignore it. Firstly, glad you're safely with us! We don't have he numbers to lose O's fans!

Did you find that feeling in any way comforting when you woke up? I'm not religious so I find it so comforting.