Ratings thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Ratings thread

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:23 pm
Dohnut wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:13 pm

My question was what he personally contributed, your answer is what? My answer, 12 touches of the ball, half were back passes, the forward passes came to nothing and one block,

I claim others don’t pass to him, evidence. Watch the game. I counted 3 passes in 90 minutes. How many did I miss?

As for hating him, I don’t, I just like others more.
" 12 touches half were back passes & 1 block
Then you say 3 passes in 90 minutes .

Are you sure you watched the game fella ?

Make your mind up !
So you tell me. I keep asking, you keep avoiding. I paid attention to his game, 10 minutes for his first contribution, a modest back pass. I was watching, closely. Tell me what I missed, I keep asking.
So did you.miss the free kick he got for us in the 1st minute?

Foul play against him ?

😁
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:23 pm

" 12 touches half were back passes & 1 block
Then you say 3 passes in 90 minutes .

Are you sure you watched the game fella ?

Make your mind up !
So you tell me. I keep asking, you keep avoiding. I paid attention to his game, 10 minutes for his first contribution, a modest back pass. I was watching, closely. Tell me what I missed, I keep asking.

Foul play against him ?

😁
So his contribution was to get fouled. Wow. I thought you may mention that moment in the second half when he touched the ball three times in a matter of seconds on his only foray forward. Or the long cross field pass he received. Or the Brave Header as Dave Victor called it, or even his hoof clearance.

You see I was really paying close attention to his game. I was interested to see how he reacted to getting his chance, Truth is his involvement was very limited. Poor compared to Thomas or Akinola in the past who, despite their inexperience actually have a go. Have energy, try. He had a nothing game. His defensive efforts were mediocre too.

On the other side, Widdowson was having a go, getting involved, making the odd mistake, making a contribution. Putting in some effort.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Foul play against him ?

😁
So his contribution was to get fouled. Wow. I thought you may mention that moment in the second half when he touched the ball three times in a matter of seconds on his only foray forward. Or the long cross field pass he received. Or the Brave Header as Dave Victor called it, or even his hoof clearance.

You see I was really paying close attention to his game. I was interested to see how he reacted to getting his chance, Truth is his involvement was very limited. Poor compared to Thomas or Akinola in the past who, despite their inexperience actually have a go. Have energy, try. He had a nothing game. His defensive efforts were mediocre too.

On the other side, Widdowson was having a go, getting involved, making the odd mistake, making a contribution. Putting in some effort.
You paid so much attention you missed that &
2 other incidents he was involved in .
Still if you want to continue on feel free.

My apologies to all the other borders but dOh needs the convo obviously .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orientinoz
Fresh Alias

Post by Orientinoz »

I would expect any keeper that manages a clean sheet to be an automatic 7?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Why isn’t it possible for those of us who streamed the game to watch it back? We could then answer how many times Ling touched the ball per game definitively.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:26 pm Why isn’t it possible for those of us who streamed the game to watch it back? We could then answer how many times Ling touched the ball per game definitively.
Buy a go pro .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:26 pm Why isn’t it possible for those of us who streamed the game to watch it back? We could then answer how many times Ling touched the ball per game definitively.
Ask gilso on his Orient hour show, I’m sure he knows the answer.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

This ling thing is getting ridiculous. First question I'd ask is how many attacks came through his side?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Adz wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:51 am This ling thing is getting ridiculous. First question I'd ask is how many attacks came through his side?
Going forward. From Wilkinson a few. From Ling 1. Apart from Wilkinson, most of our attacking play was from the left. Whilst we may say that’s due to Brophy, Wilkinson is doing very well on the right. Defensively Harrogate didn’t focus on attacking Ling any more than they did Widdowson . Though it was noticeable how much tighter Widdowson was getting to his man. I thought Harrogate were fairly direct. They were poor. Very much Orient-like performance, plenty of possession but little clue how to use it. Defensively a game about as easy as it gets.

RB is obviously a problem position for us. This season we have tried Akinola, have brought in Jordan Thomas played Judd when not injured and Ling. and have only had 20 games. Turley can play their too but don’t look like he will get a shot. That we are trying inexperienced kids when we have an experienced, fit RB tells its own story.

Saturday We had 3 right backs in the match day squad. And for anyone paying attention it is quite noticeable how much play bye-passes Ling. His lack of touches probably more to do we colleagues not giving him the ball. They just don’t unless they have to. Odd. Well it’s not. He just can’t carry the ball forwards. Surprised we didn’t use his long throw much, probably the best part of his game..
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

What a signing DJ has been.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 am What a signing DJ has been.
Exceptional. I hope we can keep him.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Dohnut wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:57 am
Adz wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:51 am This ling thing is getting ridiculous. First question I'd ask is how many attacks came through his side?
Going forward. From Wilkinson a few. From Ling 1. Apart from Wilkinson, most of our attacking play was from the left. Whilst we may say that’s due to Brophy, Wilkinson is doing very well on the right. Defensively Harrogate didn’t focus on attacking Ling any more than they did Widdowson . Though it was noticeable how much tighter Widdowson was getting to his man. I thought Harrogate were fairly direct. They were poor. Very much Orient-like performance, plenty of possession but little clue how to use it. Defensively a game about as easy as it gets.

RB is obviously a problem position for us. This season we have tried Akinola, have brought in Jordan Thomas played Judd when not injured and Ling. and have only had 20 games. Turley can play their too but don’t look like he will get a shot. That we are trying inexperienced kids when we have an experienced, fit RB tells its own story.

Saturday We had 3 right backs in the match day squad. And for anyone paying attention it is quite noticeable how much play bye-passes Ling. His lack of touches probably more to do we colleagues not giving him the ball. They just don’t unless they have to. Odd. Well it’s not. He just can’t carry the ball forwards. Surprised we didn’t use his long throw much, probably the best part of his game..
When you look at Lings ratings when he plays it is in most cases no more than a 6. He is an average player struggling in this league. We have brought in lonees that can play in this position which shows we have a problem with Ling. We even tried him in midfield. If the opposition have a decent winger he gets stuffed every time . How many times when goals given away has been Lings fault. He has been given to many chances to prove he can play in this league
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Did you watch the stream?

He did absolutely nothing offensively. And I mean nothing. I can remember him winning a ball and laying it off to a team mate and then breaking forward, but he didn’t receive the ball back. And that was late on when we were 2 or most likely 3 nil up. Before that he a had contributed nothing going forwards. Even when taking throw ins, where it’s normal to take a short one and to get the ball back, his team mates aren’t doing that.

Defensively, he wasn’t targeted thankfully. Other than the 1 interception mentioned above, I can’t recall any blocks or tackles he made. I guess the best you can say is that he held his position and didn’t get dragged out anywhere. He was only beaten once, when the left winger ran at him and left him on his arse, but that was the only thing he did wrong as such. The rest of the game he just wasn’t involved.

It’s horrible to watch.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I meant opposition attacks. Really that's his main job. Anything else is a bonus. I didn't see a single chance come through him, now that may be because the opposition was inept, but that's hardly his fault.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Any player who scores three goals should be marked 10/10
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

PutneyO wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 pm Any player who scores three goals should be marked 10/10
And he had one disallowed for a marginal handling decision (another ref may have let it go) and if Brophy had finished better he would have had an assist as well. But apart from all that he didn't do much. :D :lol: But I'm glad he is playing for us.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:32 am I meant opposition attacks. Really that's his main job. Anything else is a bonus. I didn't see a single chance come through him, now that may be because the opposition was inept, but that's hardly his fault.
Well said Adz

The reason Sam gets the stick is simply
The Hate fuelled rants of a.couple of borders
Who.dont like his old man , cos he didnt
answer a question they asked 1nce a couple of years back .

Its Shocking to be HONEST !.

Yet they call themselves FANS !

The HATE then spreads like a disease .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 pm
Adz wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:32 am I meant opposition attacks. Really that's his main job. Anything else is a bonus. I didn't see a single chance come through him, now that may be because the opposition was inept, but that's hardly his fault.
Well said Adz

Tuffers there you go again.

You seem to miss the point that those borders you refer to were pointing out that goal after goal was down to one player Sam ling. that’s what they were moaning about, they never digged at him as a person just the inept defending that cost us at least one goal a game before he was rightly dropped. Yet you think it’s hatred, I doubt they hate him, they just possibly feel that his goals cost us points and point it out.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:59 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 pm
Well said Adz

Tuffers there you go again.

You seem to miss the point that those borders you refer to were pointing out that goal after goal was down to one player Sam ling. that’s what they were moaning about, they never digged at him as a person just the inept defending that cost us at least one goal a game before he was rightly dropped. Yet you think it’s hatred, I doubt they hate him, they just possibly feel that his goals cost us points and point it out.
Yes Thor blinded by the hate

The goal 2 seasons ago where Marv failed ro clear a ball in the 6 yard box
But Ling gets the blame , or the goal clay makes a mistake & guess who
Gets blamed for the goal ?
Yup Ling junior .

Haters Hating .
Keep up the hard work
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

There were a couple of Crosses that came in from the left, then their main chance when the left winger turned him inside and out and Vigaro was forced into a decent save.

Basically, the one time they attacked him, they nearly scored.