Brexit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Re: Brexit

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Thor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 pm
lordgriff wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:34 am Does Ruth Townsley frequent this message board?
When I saw this name earlier today, I had never heard of this person. Now I’ve seen the article concerned and I’ve never seen this women down the O’s. What a vile cretin she is, saying he should have thrown acid. If you like Farage or not there is no place in society for such violence, maybe she should look at some of the people’s lives which have been destroyed by acid attacks.

Stupid women.
So who are the others or is it just all women that you think are stupid?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Should have said woman. Surely you are not defending what she’s said?
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Thor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:54 pm Should have said woman. Surely you are not defending what she’s said?
What gave you that idea?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 pm
Thor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:05 pm They are all liars.
I know its very hard to believe, but most of the Countries in the World manage to trade quite easily with the EU.......without being in the EU Customs Union and also NOT being in the EU Single Market and even more unbelievable.......do NOT pay a Multi Billion pounds membership fee to the EU !!
All things that Remain MPs and followers say is seemingly impossible to do ?

In 1975 myself and many others voted to remain in the Common Market and we were told it was purely to get easy trade with those Countries who were the then members of the Common Market. Labour's left, led by Tony Benn (and including a then-unknown Jeremy Corbyn), hated the Common Market, seeing it as a "capitalist club" that would erode British democracy and evolve into a European political union. Other prominent politicians on the leave platform were Peter Shore, Michael Foot and Enoch Powell. The claims of Benn and the leave Campaign were mocked by leaders of the REMAIN side headed by Ted Heath and Labours Roy Jenkins. Well History shows that Heath and Jenkins knew very well of the future plans of the then Common Market but chose to not disclose the full facts to the UK electorate.
Canadas trade deal with the EU still hasnt been rattified by all member states yet, while the agreement is non tariff on 98% of all trades , it will still take 7 years for it to become fulky binding.

Thats assuming 1 country doesnt get the hump with the Cannucks . Not likely but hardly what you would call easy.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed May 22, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Duplicate post
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Now that it would appear that Farage will win the euro elections, is it feasbale that he might join forces with Boris (should he win the leadership battle) and form a Brexit alliance?
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Who would have the most to gain? Brexit are never going to get an MP elected under our system, UKIP found this out when they won all those Euro seats last time, so what use is Nigel to Boris? Nigel is going to need electorial pacts in individual constituencies so what local Tory parties are going to put up with that? Conversly Brexit have no seats to offer the Tories and very few foot soldiers to do the canvasing work.

Then there is the clash of egos. Much as it would be wonderful fodder for the press the fallout for the rest of us could be disasterous. It would double the 'speak first, think later' that Boris is famed for.

Mikero
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

The Tories are pragmatic in their self-interest. They’ll just position themselves even further to the right to hoover up the Brexit Party gammons. What will be interesting is if the “one nation” Tory types will stomach this or up sticks to a centrist block (probably the Libs as Change UK has been such a feck up).

I just hope Labour’s “legitimate concerns” strand doesn’t see them pander any further to the racists too.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I noticed the Brexit Party " lady" on Daily Politics, used the tactic of talking very loudly and very much. She talked over people despite being told no to by Jo Coburn ( seems like she even had a word not to do this before the programme even started ). I notice that Farage pulls this stunt too. Perhaps they gey lost in an argument. Poor ole Ken Clarke being a proper gent, was drowned out. Worrying times taht the Punters out there can see all this. The Commie Guardian lad also don't mind these tactics.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Is this the “leftie libertarian” woman, Claire Fox? They are a strange bunch, that Frank Furedi’s spiked/rcp crowd.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Bercow has now suggested that Article 50 can be revoked because we have a different Parliament to the one that triggered it, just to complicate things even further. It's not hard to work out what he wants.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

StillSpike wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 pmStill sh*t
Like your posts.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Bercow is an idiot who should have already left his position. His wife is an idiot too and I’d love them to disappear.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:01 am Bercow is an idiot who should have already left his position. His wife is an idiot too and I’d love them to disappear.
You do know that in some circles the term
"for them to disappear "
means for someone
To get rid of them, have them murdered etc

And yet you give out that oh tommy tommy
had someone write should of been acid instead of a millshake .

"When I saw this name earlier today, I had never heard of this person. Now I’ve seen the article concerned and I’ve never seen this women down the O’s. What a vile cretin she is, saying he should have thrown acid. If you like Farage or not there is no place in society for such violence, maybe she should look at some of the people’s lives which have been destroyed by acid attacks".

Surely you are not condoning murder Thory ?

Especially when it is on a Brexit thread & that brexit could reopen some very deep wounds shared between the actions of the 2 islands to the west of the mainland.

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Bercow has been a hero in the House throughout this Brexit mess. Who cares if he is an arrogant pillock - he gets the Tory gammons well worked up.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Absolutely not tuffers, by disappear I mean to drive off with his ill gotten gains from the taxpayer and for us to never hear from them again.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Disoriented wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:57 pm Bercow has been a hero in the House throughout this Brexit mess. Who cares if he is an arrogant pillock - he gets the Tory gammons well worked up.
I agree with you that’s he is an arrogant pillock, but he’s no hero. In fact he should have been sacked for the expenses scandal, for bullying, for tax todging on flipped properties taxpayers were paying for. Like I said he’s no hero.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:44 pm Absolutely not tuffers, by disappear I mean to drive off with his ill gotten gains from the taxpayer and for us to never hear from them again.
I wish you would just drive off somewhere else with all your pretentious sh*t and privately educated kids
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Your envy of my children is very worrying. It is also one of the deadly sins. Take a chill pill.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:44 pm Absolutely not tuffers, by disappear I mean to drive off with his ill gotten gains from the taxpayer and for us to never hear from them again.
Well make sure you write that next time matey ,
I wouldnt want to see you banned ,
I know you're a bit of a self-serving tw*t at
times (aren't we all) , but i like people like you in the world
It allows me to remind myself never to end up like you .

Oh P.S its not a money thing as it is for some on here.
You are a relative peasant to some i know .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:26 pm

I am pleased that you are a happy and contented person, one at calm with oneself.

As for the self serving, donating to charity, doing food shops for food banks, helping old people out, coaching kids at football, yeah I must be self serving.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:26 pm

I am pleased that you are a happy and contented person, one at calm with oneself.

As for the self serving, donating to charity, doing food shops for food banks, helping old people out, coaching kids at football, yeah I must be self serving.
See self serving people write that stuff.

You dont need to tell people what you do fella .
You just need to do it .

If the Tory party played a fair game Capitalists wouldnt need to feel pity on the people who have needed to use a food bank .

And yes i am grateful to be using one at the minute.
And i am far from contented.

Still lets just both go back to being twats !
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

West Side Story wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:59 pm I noticed the Brexit Party " lady" on Daily Politics, used the tactic of talking very loudly and very much. She talked over people despite being told no to by Jo Coburn ( seems like she even had a word not to do this before the programme even started ). I notice that Farage pulls this stunt too. Perhaps they gey lost in an argument. Poor ole Ken Clarke being a proper gent, was drowned out. Worrying times taht the Punters out there can see all this. The Commie Guardian lad also don't mind these tactics.
And the Remainers dont do the same ?

Have you never seen the ''Queen'' of non stop interrupting and talking over everyone else......Emily Thornberry !!
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Deleted, had enough of this Brexit nonsense and its devotees
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:50 pm
Disoriented wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:57 pm Bercow has been a hero in the House throughout this Brexit mess. Who cares if he is an arrogant pillock - he gets the Tory gammons well worked up.
I agree with you that’s he is an arrogant pillock, but he’s no hero. In fact he should have been sacked for the expenses scandal, for bullying, for tax todging on flipped properties taxpayers were paying for. Like I said he’s no hero.
They are just minor transgressions which pale into the bigger picture.