Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Thor »

Now that Steptoe has been slapped proper hard in the face by the electorate, will he listen? He is so out of touch with what people want it's scary.

The unions are ripping in to Watson, Thornburry is ripping in to Corbyn, McDonald is ripping into everyone. To top it all Alistair Campbell vited Lib Dem!

The labour party is at civil war with itself.

If it continues down the path it's on it faces oblivion. The country have voiced loud and clear it wants out.

Funny how all the lefties on here have gone dead quiet, I wonder why that is? Lets face it, if it couldn't deal with the Tories now how do they think they will be able to stop Boris when he is PM? He will destroy steptoe and people will return to voting Tory.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Doh nut I make you right on the points you raise. It's a sad time for politics right now.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

:D

Which leftie baiter was Thor on the old board?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

dOh Nut wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 pm It’s really not difficult to understand what their position is. Even you should get it.
I understand pretty well. The issue is with people so full of blind support for this or that person or party they fail to see the truth of the situation. One of the benefits I have with no allegiance to either party. Right now they are both crap, with crap leaders and in the case of the Tories about to appoint another crap leader.

To be fair I look down the list of people jockeying for poll position in both major parties and struggle to see many that I would vote for. What a sad time in British politics.
Ah sorry. The way you said you didn’t understand what their position on Brexit was led me to believe you didn’t understand what their position on Brexit was.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

I don’t see how any Labour politician can seriously want a General Election in this febrile state of affairs.
They are just as likely to get smashed as the Tories - and possibly more so if they decide to ditch Brexit.

Which ever way Labour chooses it will lose out on Remain or Brexit support. This issue will split them right down the middle.

As for having a second referendum vote on Brexit - I’d say be careful what you wish for
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:23 am
dOh Nut wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 pm It’s really not difficult to understand what their position is. Even you should get it.
I understand pretty well. The issue is with people so full of blind support for this or that person or party they fail to see the truth of the situation. One of the benefits I have with no allegiance to either party. Right now they are both crap, with crap leaders and in the case of the Tories about to appoint another crap leader.

To be fair I look down the list of people jockeying for poll position in both major parties and struggle to see many that I would vote for. What a sad time in British politics.
Ah sorry. The way you said you didn’t understand what their position on Brexit was led me to believe you didn’t understand what their position on Brexit was.
Or much else to be honest. Corbyn is playing a waiting game, waiting for the Tories to implode. Then out comes the usual time fo a GE like he has just done. A sort of, if I don’t say much I can’t get criticised stance. Has some merit to be fair, keep your head down and pick your moment. But I prefer leaders who lead. Vocal, clear or their position etc. Not skulking around in the shadows. He wants to be PM and if he helps screw the country to achiev it he will. Like Boris, but a least he usually has opinions about everything, though he too is a little quiet of late. Crap time in British politics.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Breaking news

The human rights commission has launched a formal investigation into labour concerning anti Semitism in the party. This is proper serious stuff now.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Breaking news

Alistair campbell has been expelled from the Labour Party.

It’s all imploding.
Orientinoz
Fresh Alias

Post by Orientinoz »

Next it will be Corbyn seeking political asylum in Lebanon....good riddance.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Orientinoz wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:41 pm Next it will be Corbyn seeking political asylum in Lebanon....good riddance.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Just listened to Tony Blair on Sky news. OK I like the guy, many others don’t. But listen to him and compare him to Corbyn and May. You will see just what a good Leader he was and still is.

If he were leader of Labour today we would have a Labour Government
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

If Blair was PM today, we’d have a Tory government.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:53 pm If Blair was PM today, we’d have a Tory government.
Agreed, but in about 13 years after he had won election after election and kept the Tory scum at bay.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:53 pm If Blair was PM today, we’d have a Tory government.
History suggests he was one of Labours most successful leaders. Bits of his thinking came out in 5he interview. Centre left appeals to the masses, though not to the minority hard left brigade. Policies that suit the majority not the extremist minority. Democracy in action.

The guy was good, knew how to win, articulate and charismatic. One of our great leaders, who screwed up over WMD.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Centre left 😂
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 pm Centre left 😂
His words today in his interview. People talk about him being a Tory. That of course is complete bolox, a smear put about by those that don’t like the guy and his policies. Look at the history books, Blair, Labour. Some don’t like it but tough. Blair is Labour ant that is a fact beyond dispute. He is also one of Labours most successful Leaders. The facts don’t lie. Get over it.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Of course I don’t like his policies, he’s a Tory.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Blair won elections because he appealed to swing Tory voters.

His team identified a formula that focused on maximising the message to appeal to a core group of voters that would swing enough seats for Labour to command a majority in the Commons without having to worry about rebel backbenchers (or the left, as they are otherwise known).

This disenfranchised so many other voters that we saw a collapse in voter turnout. Corbyn's strategy has been to mobilise previously apathetic voters, which is a tactic that never works. To his credit he did better in the last general election than anyone expected, but his honeymoon period is over now.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Some twaddle is being spoken about Blair. The man sent a hell of a lot of people to their deaths based on his lie. That will forever stain his premiership. Nasty man who should have been done for war crimes.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:08 am Some twaddle is being spoken about Blair. The man sent a hell of a lot of people to their deaths based on his lie. That will forever stain his premiership. Nasty man who should have been done for war crimes.
Blair, also called Tony B''Liar'' on social media, about right. A greedy self seeking individual and not fit to clean the shoes of that respected and honorable Labour Prime Minister, Clement Attlee.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Wed May 29, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Thor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:08 am Some twaddle is being spoken about Blair. The man sent a hell of a lot of people to their deaths based on his lie. That will forever stain his premiership. Nasty man who should have been done for war crimes.
Well, yes, there is that.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Thor wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:47 am Breaking news

The human rights commission has launched a formal investigation into labour concerning anti Semitism in the party. This is proper serious stuff now.
Just read that only the BNP has been investigated previously of the same charges, nice company for labour to be keeping.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I see Corbyn is coming after people with nice homes and nice gardens. He’s going to tax us till the pips squeak. He is going to implement full on communist rules on home ownership.

Well there’s a vote winner right there! I think he’s just consigned himself to oblivion.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

People with more capital should pay more tax? Oh my days, what a commie!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

No mate he's going after everyone. Again the poorer people of society will be paying a higher proportion of the tax than the richer element.