U.S Election

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: U.S Election

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm Tuffers, Although I feel there was electoral fraud, I agree with other borders that it’s going to be hard to prove. Anyway I’ve accepted Biden won. I’m now forgetting it and moving on . I seem to remember however people on here unable to accept the result of the EU referendum. Still whining about it over 2 years later crying for a second bite of the cherry with another referendum
And what is happening with brexit .
Wasnt it supposed to have been done in march 2019
2 General Elections after the referendum ,
Trump the friend of brexit has just lost
Irish Joe Biden wont do buisness outside of
A border between the island of britain & the island of ireland
As it says in the GFA .

At least the U.S election was a simple choice

Red or Blue .

No fraud has taken place no votes have been stolen

All looking good in the world of brexit now.

Still this is the U.S election thread so lets leave it there.
😁

Sleepy Jow WINS !
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Didn't want their finger lickin chlorine chicken anyway!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:45 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:28 pm
StillSpike wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Maybe they've finally grown a conscience and realised that he's whipping up a shooting war between Americans and they've belatedly decided not to be a party to that any more.
But what about freedom of speech? Should he not be free to incite civil war?
Ooft. One up for the libertarians there. Except of course free speech comes with responsibilities.
Is it not better to screen it and debunk it? Cutting off will fuel maga paranoia.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

No - the problem if you "screen it an debunk it" is that all the gullible dinlows look at it and treat it as fact. They don't bother waiting around for the debunking, they just regurgitate it as true (and any subsequent information must be wrong - "oh, NOW they're saying that there was no fraud - well something must be wrong here" - sound familiar?). Then, once the dinlows have regurgitated it all as true, other dinlows regurgitate that and so on.

A simple rule of propaganda is that you believe the first thing you're told, and subsequent changes are regarded with suspicion - see also, JC de Menezes "running" and "jumping the barrier" and "wearing a puffer jacket" - also Liverpool supporters looting the bodies etc etc.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

That's true, but cutting transmission has a conspiracy vibe to it. We don't know how damaging that is.

Misinformation is a scourge, I find it creepy, particularly the online troll factory stuff.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm Tuffers, Although I feel there was electoral fraud, I agree with other borders that it’s going to be hard to prove. Anyway I’ve accepted Biden won. I’m now forgetting it and moving on . I seem to remember however people on here unable to accept the result of the EU referendum. Still whining about it over 2 years later crying for a second bite of the cherry with another referendum
You realise that if there was any serious proof, they'd be presenting it in court right?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Biden winning may make us a bit more compliant in the talks with the EU.
Before, we had Trump who said we were getting a deal , now with Biden, certain conditions have got to be met for a deal
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I feel for the people believing the voter fraud thing.

Like literally, Trump and his skivvys would have had a meeting months ago to set all of this up. Tell his supporters to vote in person on the day and not via mail in ballot, call out fraud early and often, declare victory on the day, etc...

It’s been carefully setup but is so clear and obvious I can’t believe people are falling for it. It’s the hallmark of his presidency, deflect and misinform and tbf, it’s worked until now.
Last edited by Rich Tea Wellin on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:18 pm That's true, but cutting transmission has a conspiracy vibe to it. We don't know how damaging that is.

Misinformation is a scourge, I find it creepy, particularly the online troll factory stuff.
There's any easy answer to ending the creepy stuff. Mod the farkin Board better.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 pm I feel for the people believing the voter fraud thing.

Like literally, Trump and his skivvys would have had a meeting months ago to set all of this up. Tell his supporters to vote in person and not on the day, call out fraud early and often, declare victory on the day, etc...

It’s been carefully setup but is so clear and obvious I can’t believe people are falling for it. It’s the hallmark of his presidency, deflect and misinform and tbf, it’s worked until now.
When put to people with votes it has been overwhelmingly rejected. Praise Allah for that.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm I feel there was electoral fraud
In what, your water? A tarot card reading? Your astrology report for today? Certainly not from the presentation of verifiable evidence, that's for sure.

Personally I fully expect the percentage number of fraudulent ballots to be as vanishingly low as previous elections (what is it, 0.00006% or something?), and I base that on the 20-year voter study that produced that figure.

What you actually mean is "I want to believe there was fraud, because the president said there was and I support him".
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 pm I feel for the people believing the voter fraud thing.

Like literally, Trump and his skivvys would have had a meeting months ago to set all of this up. Tell his supporters to vote in person and not on the day, call out fraud early and often, declare victory on the day, etc...

If he wasn't a total f*cking div he would've at least waited until the votes started going against him on Tuesday night. The transparently premeditated nature of that announcement made it look so so obvious what he was doing.

But again, nearly 50% of the electorate voted for a guy who had openly said he was going to try to cheat and wreck their democracy. It's ominous if anyone halfway smart is able to build up a cult of personality around them like trump has.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

A Pedant wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:42 pm
In what, your water? A tarot card reading? Your astrology report for today? Certainly not from the presentation of verifiable evidence, that's for sure.

Personally I fully expect the percentage number of fraudulent ballots to be as vanishingly low as previous elections (what is it, 0.00006% or something?), and I base that on the 20-year voter study that produced that figure.

What you actually mean is "I want to believe there was fraud, because the president said there was and I support him".
A classic case of someone unable to distinguish between 'opinion' and 'fact' (not you, the original poster)
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

A Pedant wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:42 pm

There is no objective reality anymore, only your facts and their 'alternative' facts. That's the intellectual cup de sac the USA and increasingly the UK is going down. The Cummings scandal was oddly reassuring on that, the fact that everyone agreed it was unacceptable showed we still vaguely live in a shared reality.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:23 pm
You realise that if there was any serious proof, they'd be presenting it in court right?
Just to clarify, I accepted the result of the referendum. It's not whining to :

a) still believe those who voted for it were misguided/misled.
and
b) to believe that SOME people may have realised they were fooled and may have changed their opinion

Revising your opinions in the light of different circumstances is a sign of intellectual maturity. Churning out the same tedious old insults is a sign of gross stupidity.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:37 pm Biden winning may make us a bit more compliant in the talks with the EU.
Before, we had Trump who said we were getting a deal , now with Biden, certain conditions have got to be met for a deal
I fully expect the UK to now roll over and have its tummy tickled on everything the EU wants in the areas that remain outstanding. There's a reason why Johnson was holding off making the jump to "no deal" until after the election - Mini Me had to see if he would lose his Dr Evil. Of course it'll be sold as getting one over on the EU, but it won't be.

The US now won't countenance any sort of a trade deal, if there's any doubt about the effect the Northern Ireland Protocol has on the Good Friday Agreement.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Some very good political analysis here from a pundit.

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm Some very good political analysis here from a pundit.

I'm still not sure of his message
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Can I take it Trump is not exactly on his Christmas list
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

At least he can still count on yours, unless he tells you Christmas is fake that is ;)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anyone kniw where one can buy

BIG BOY PANTS ?

The Mayor of Philadelphia mentioned them .

Do they come in Blue ?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The left being top notch at winning elections again

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

I missed this earlier
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegr ... ction/amp/

Donald Junior calls for TOTAL WAR .

Oh dear
🤔

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

He looks like Kendall Roy. Just want to see him rap now.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegr ... ctory/amp/

" Boris Johnson will be secretly hoping for a Biden victory " .

Seems like Boris is desperate so he can get a deal from the
EU so he can blame it on the U.S Election