Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Re: Labour Watch

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:05 pm Corbyn suspended by the party! 🥳
Wow! No way round it really after his comments today though. Incredibly thick.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:05 pm Corbyn suspended by the party! 🥳
The ultimate disgrace for Corbyn.
Nice Username
Fresh Alias

Post by Nice Username »

It never fails to astound me as to what a deeply stupid man Corbyn is.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Is this really that contentious and worthy of suspension? Corbyn’s statement:
Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.
“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.
“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.
“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.
“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.
“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Platitudes
Platitudes
Cliches
Cliches
I've been smeared by everyone
Cliches
Platitudes
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Thor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 am Whats funny is all the lefties on this board denying it all the way through. Maybe you're part of the problem as well?

Only the BNP has been found guilty previously lovely company to be keeping from a party founded against racism, how ironic.

RIP the Labour Party its now game over you bunch of nasty racists. I have racists more than most things.
Have you got proof of 'all the lefties denying it all the way through?'.

I hate liars too...
Yeah read this boards history.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

All those on the left of the party that voted for Sirkier as the most sensible option to bring the party together post-Corbyn :lol:
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:19 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Thor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 am Whats funny is all the lefties on this board denying it all the way through. Maybe you're part of the problem as well?

Only the BNP has been found guilty previously lovely company to be keeping from a party founded against racism, how ironic.

RIP the Labour Party its now game over you bunch of nasty racists. I have racists more than most things.
Have you got proof of 'all the lefties denying it all the way through?'.

I hate liars too...
Yeah read this boards history.
Name names and provide links, Thory boy.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I wonder how many of you labour supporters actually are embarrassed now by voting for such a party?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I agree with every word, well said Jezza.

Corbyn’s statement:
Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.
“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.
“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.
“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.
“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.
“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”
[/quote]
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:19 pm All those on the left of the party that voted for Sirkier as the most sensible option to bring the party together post-Corbyn :lol:
Old hotdogs flipping and flopping as usual.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:21 pm I wonder how many of you labour supporters actually are embarrassed now by voting for such a party?
I'm not a labour supporter mate. I cancelled my DD many months ago.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:21 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:19 pm All those on the left of the party that voted for Sirkier as the most sensible option to bring the party together post-Corbyn :lol:
Old hotdogs flipping and flopping as usual.
Flipping and flopping on what?
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Thor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:21 pm I wonder how many of you labour supporters actually are embarrassed now by voting for such a party?
Why do you hate disabled people so, so much?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It was naive of him to go all defensive when making that statement. "Racism is bad, but..." is never a good look. And if he feels he needs to make the point alluded to in the penultimate paragraph... well, there's a time and a place. And this wasn't it.

Once again Jeremy demonstrates why he just was never savvy enough to cut it in the Premier League.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:17 pm
The ultimate disgrace for Corbyn.
O, O, Ohhhhhhhh Jeremeeeeeee Coooooorbyn!
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Wow! No way round it really after his comments today though. Incredibly thick.

All those wasted years for the lefties, instigated by the equally useless Judas Milliband, with His £3 vote and ‘Ed Wall’. Hahahahaha!
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

It's never wasted. Left wing politics is activism and cause heavy anyway, as opposed to right wing activism ('that's cos right wingers actually win elections lol!'). It's not really the left that has lost out in the last decade specifically, it's just the entire country. You as much as me, possibly.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:51 pm It was naive of him to go all defensive when making that statement. "Racism is bad, but..." is never a good look. And if he feels he needs to make the point alluded to in the penultimate paragraph... well, there's a time and a place. And this wasn't it.

Once again Jeremy demonstrates why he just was never savvy enough to cut it in the Premier League.
How can he respond to that without being defensive?

The point in his penultimate paragraph is absolutely what this is all about.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:22 pm
I'm not a labour supporter mate. I cancelled my DD many months ago.
Now thats funny, I cancelled months ago yet still voted for them! You've made me smile hotdogs
Bluecap
Fresh Alias

Post by Bluecap »

Relax chaps you have got what you want
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:51 pm It was naive of him to go all defensive when making that statement. "Racism is bad, but..." is never a good look. And if he feels he needs to make the point alluded to in the penultimate paragraph... well, there's a time and a place. And this wasn't it.

Don't agree with your first point. The point alluded to puts it within its historical context. The issue was expolited by the right and to the dertriment of Jewish people.

I agree with your second point and said it myself on here many times. He just wasn't a good leader. He should have culled the right within the party from day 1. Instead of trying to be some sort of ecumenical vicar.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 pm

What did he really expect to achieve by saying that in the way that he did? Seriously? Was now the moment when he thought the scales would suddenly fall from everyone's eyes and the nation would realise he'd been right all along?

As a piece of public communication it's an absolute sh*t show. He's either been poorly advised throughout, or has ignored whatever advice he's been given - either way, once again, he's shown poor judgement.

And, assuming the point he is trying to make is wholly correct (I personally have no idea, although I certainly can see he's been stitched up to a certain degree), it's about knowing when and where to fight your battles. Once again, his judgement has been shown to be lacking. And this consistent demonstration of poor judgement erodes confidence in his other claims.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:13 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 pm

What did he really expect to achieve by saying that in the way that he did? Seriously? Was now the moment when he thought the scales would suddenly fall from everyone's eyes and the nation would realise he'd been right all along?

As a piece of public communication it's an absolute sh*t show. He's either been poorly advised throughout, or has ignored whatever advice he's been given - either way, once again, he's shown poor judgement.

And, assuming the point he is trying to make is wholly correct (I personally have no idea, although I certainly can see he's been stitched up to a certain degree), it's about knowing when and where to fight your battles. Once again, his judgement has been shown to be lacking. And this consistent demonstration of poor judgement erodes confidence in his other claims.
Not everything is about managing the media Dunners. What he said is true. It's important to say it.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Bluecap wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:05 pm Relax chaps you have got what you want
I definitely have not got what I want. I want a strong, decent Labour Party that can compete at general elections. What I’ve got is a shambles of a party that will take ages to become a serious option on Election Day.

I’m just glad the Corbyn nightmare is finally coming to an end.