BBC Euro Election Coverage

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: BBC Euro Election Coverage

Post by Esteban »

Orientinoz wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 pm
VeganO wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:34 am Top trolling. Kuenssberg was, if anything, playing down the Tories' results. Also her and Edwards were really reticent, unless pushed, to point out that while Brexit Party may have come top, added together there was still a majority of votes cast for explicitly Remain backing parties. The usual centre right, pro Brexit bias anyone without blue tinted specs has come to know and expect from the BBC.
Agree top trolling or alternatively alco-boarding.
Ermmm according to Esteban (comrade spell check) its alcho-boarding
Thank you, Comrade.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

The BBC would be better off if they just reported the news, rather than have there opinions all the time.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Just looked at the BBC detail with regard the election.

It said that the Brexit party has the joint highest number of seats with the cdu party. What it then fails to say is that it did this with 21 fewer seats to compete for. If they had the same number, Brexit party would have had 37 seats. I think that this shows just how strong their result is.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Still's Carenae wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 pm Just looked at the BBC detail with regard the election.

It said that the Brexit party has the joint highest number of seats with the cdu party. What it then fails to say is that it did this with 21 fewer seats to compete for. If they had the same number, Brexit party would have had 37 seats. I think that this shows just how strong their result is.
It's not that strong. Substantially more than half the electorate never voted and they only got 32% overall and a mere 14% in Scotland.

Come the GE when they will have to put forward policies they will disintegrate again.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

One of our immoderators said:- Proposition Joe » Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm

I know it's crass to comment on someone appearance but her mouth looks like she's had a stroke or Bell's Palsy.

I wonder if he would have made that sort of comment about a man? To me it smacks of misogyny.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Got to be a ban.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

West Side Story wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 pm One of our immoderators said:- Proposition Joe » Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm

I know it's crass to comment on someone appearance but her mouth looks like she's had a stroke or Bell's Palsy.

I wonder if he would have made that sort of comment about a man? To me it smacks of misogyny.
'Immoderators' won't catch on, you know that right?

What's misogynistic about it? I accept it was crass and in hindsight, probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but if Huw Edwards had a similar wonky mouth, I'd be as likely to inappropriately point it out too. I treat everyone equally.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:34 pm
West Side Story wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 pm One of our immoderators said:- Proposition Joe » Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm

What's misogynistic about it? I accept it was crass and in hindsight, probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but if Huw Edwards had a similar wonky mouth, I'd be as likely to inappropriately point it out too, I treat everyone equally.
If the mods are happy to wave play on over casual Islamophobia I’m not too shocked that mocking people with a medical condition is also permitted. I’ll have to add this to my rules of the message board thread
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm I know it's crass to comment on someone appearance but her mouth looks like she's had a stroke or Bell's Palsy.
She looks like CEB did a drawing of Lauren laverne.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 pm

What's misogynistic about it? I accept it was crass and in hindsight, probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but if Huw Edwards had a similar wonky mouth, I'd be as likely to inappropriately point it out too. I treat everyone equally.
If the mods are happy to wave play on over casual Islamophobia I’m not too shocked that mocking people with a medical condition is also permitted. I’ll have to add this to my rules of the message board thread
You do like to fixate on stuff don't you?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 pm

No, I just like to use real life examples to highlight a point. The point being that moderation on this thread is very lax.

As mentioned previously, it’s your board so you can run it how you want. But just some friendly feedback.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 pm

No, I just like to use real life examples to highlight a point. The point being that moderation on this thread is very lax.

As mentioned previously, it’s your board so you can run it how you want. But just some friendly feedback.
Bloody hell. I like the fact that this board offers a great deal of slack. There is no doubt people get days off when they overstep the mark, as I know, and we all perhaps have different views where that mark should be. But for Pete’s sake we are all grown ups, living in the real world and should be free to speak, sometimes crassly (if that is a word) without fear.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

A lot of nonsense on this thread. The fact that both sides see bias shows that they're probably doing their job pretty well.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

No, it's just a sign that they're nowhere near as bad as all the privately owned media outlets.
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

Today's Standard hasn't said a single word about Labours dreadful showing in London
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Article_50 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:33 pm Today's Standard hasn't said a single word about Labours dreadful showing in London
The standard is a pretty poor paper these days, I’m not surprised they never said anything, then again Gideon is in charge......
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 pm No, it's just a sign that they're nowhere near as bad as all the privately owned media outlets.
Yeah I kno how you feel, the guardian and the mirror etc. Not saying a word about labour getting absolutely trounced bloody shame that.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Don’t know about The Mirror, but the yoghurt-knitters at the Graun have been bigging up the existential crisis facing Labour over this issue every bloody day.

I don’t watch much BBC News or their other politics shows like Newsnight, Brillo Neil or Marr, and definitely not QT. Winds me up. Channel 4 News is better.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Biased again. This time on QT. 3 remainers v 1 leaver.

Pointless watching as arguments are not balanced.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

the sad part is we have to pay for it. :x
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:02 pm Biased again. This time on QT. 3 remainers v 1 leaver.

Pointless watching as arguments are not balanced.
Interesting for me as I rarely have watched it for more than five minutes.Generally it seems to turn into an argument anyway or someone trying to cut in while another is trying to make a point or explain.