We have sold 3250 ST's and targeting 4500

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: We have sold 3250 ST's and targeting 4500

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Well of course.

But why should you get a ticket cheaper than a 25 year old, when they’re struggling to make ends meet, get on the property ladder, raise kids et etc. It’s bonkers.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 am
Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:00 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:51 am

It’s almost as if they’re trying to encourage youngsters into becoming supporters of the future or something, innit. Mental!
no such thing as £9 season tickets when I was a kid, and it didn’t seem to stop me becoming a lifelong fan.
That’s good. But maybe if there had been such a thing, there would be more fans of your age?

PS liking the new character developments.
Maybe so.
Either way, £9 for a season ticket is absurd. Anything under £100, for 20+ matches, is more than reasonable
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm Well of course.

But why should you get a ticket cheaper than a 25 year old, when they’re struggling to make ends meet, get on the property ladder, raise kids et etc. It’s bonkers.
So your suggesting those over 65 who are surviving on a Government pension and don't have the ability to get a job due to their age, also trying to make ends meet should pay more.

Not all over 65's have vast, disposable income (don't confuse home ownership with disposable income) nor are all 25 year olds struggling to make ends meet. Stereo-typing people by age group is not really an option for society to consider.

Concessions are simply a way society recognises a lifetimes contribution to society.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 pm Concessions are simply a way society recognises a lifetimes contribution to society.
Not in the case of Orient. Concessions apply to Students, Young Adults (18-24), Emergency Services, Armed Forces, NHS Staff, Waltham Forest Council Employees and unemployed.

The only way a senior (over 65) gets the concession rate is on a season ticket.

https://www.leytonorient.com/tickets/ticket-prices/
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

dOh Nut wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 pm Well of course.

So your suggesting those over 65 who are surviving on a Government pension and don't have the ability to get a job due to their age, also trying to make ends meet should pay more.

Not all over 65's have vast, disposable income (don't confuse home ownership with disposable income) nor are all 25 year olds struggling to make ends meet. Stereo-typing people by age group is not really an option for society to consider.

Concessions are simply a way society recognises a lifetimes contribution to society.
:lol:

It ain’t a f*cking knighthood, you clown.

Concession prices for over 65s is nothing to do with a ‘lifetime contribution’. It’s historically been a thing to coincide with the age people stop working and reflect their lower incomes.

Which I’m saying is now a total nonsense. If we’re going to stereotype, which is what this concession does by saying olds are poor and can’t afford to pay full price, then a more accurate stereotype would be that the under 25s are worse off and they are the ones who should have a discounted price.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm
Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:00 am

no such thing as £9 season tickets when I was a kid, and it didn’t seem to stop me becoming a lifelong fan.
That’s good. But maybe if there had been such a thing, there would be more fans of your age?

Maybe so.
Either way, £9 for a season ticket is absurd. Anything under £100, for 20+ matches, is more than reasonable
How many under 11s do you reckon make 20+ games per season?
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:06 pm ...a more accurate stereotype would be that the under 25s are worse off and they are the ones who should have a discounted price.
err, they do. Adults 18-24 get the concession price.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:08 pm How many under 11s do you reckon make 20+ games per season?
Many young kids don't go to midweek games during term time. Which takes 6 games out immediately.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Maybe so.
Well then don’t buy them a season ticket. Get them matchday tickets.

You’re not doing any favours for the argument here. So not only should kids basically get in for free but they can’t be expected to always attend, thus depriving somebody else of a seat which they could have used on those “sold out” games.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:11 pm Well then don’t buy them a season ticket. Get them matchday tickets.

You’re not doing any favours for the argument here. So not only should kids basically get in for free but they can’t be expected to always attend, thus depriving somebody else of a seat which they could have used on those “sold out” games.
Orient won't make their target of 4500 if kids and parents/guardians (who would want to sit together) get tickets on a game by game basis.

Also there were only 4 sold out games last season. 2 £5 games + Wrexham + Braintree. There was pay on the gate available for all the others as far as I know, but welcome to be corrected.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

RientO wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:39 pm
Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:11 pm Well then don’t buy them a season ticket. Get them matchday tickets.

Orient won't make their target of 4500 if kids and parents/guardians (who would want to sit together) get tickets on a game by game basis.

Also there were only 4 sold out games last season. 2 £5 games + Wrexham + Braintree. There was pay on the gate available for all the others as far as I know, but welcome to be corrected.
I’m sure you’re correct about the 4 games. The £5 ones aside they happened to be two of the biggest games of the season.

Look, I understand the need to attract young supporters but I still think that anything under £100 for a season ticket is very reasonable. If you don’t use it then that’s your problem. Why buy a product that you know you aren’t going to use properly?

The argument of “kids don’t go to all games so their season tickets should be really really cheap” seems very bizarre to me.

Maybe introduce a “kids season ticket” which excludes weekday games and is only available in the family stand. Can charge a much reduced fee for this ticket and add the option of purchasing the midweek games for £5 a pop.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Anybody know the numbers so far?
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Only 4 games were sold out completely, but the west stand was sold out for several more. I had several friends who wanted to come and sit with me. They don't come and I sit at the game looking at the empty seats next to me. In comparison tables we have cheap season tickets, but expensive day entry. We need a better balance, more expensive season tickets and cheaper entry.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 pm Only 4 games were sold out completely, but the west stand was sold out for several more. I had several friends who wanted to come and sit with me. They don't come and I sit at the game looking at the empty seats next to me. In comparison tables we have cheap season tickets, but expensive day entry. We need a better balance, more expensive season tickets and cheaper entry.
West and South are pretty much full of Season Ticket Holders, so not too much availability. There will be around 10%+ of STHs who don't make games, so there will always be empty seats.

However one thing the box office can do is relocate your seat so you can sit with others. You can even change stand. So you can slum it in the East with the likes of me.

I don't think we need more expensive season tickets though!

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2018/ ... e-tickets/

If season ticket holders wish to move their seat to be next to the additional ticket (where there is no space next to them) they will need to advise when returning the form.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:47 pm Maybe introduce a “kids season ticket” which excludes weekday games and is only available in the family stand. Can charge a much reduced fee for this ticket and add the option of purchasing the midweek games for £5 a pop.
Not so easy. Two of the games last season moved to midweek as a result of being rearranged for FA Trophy. And it wouldn't make any difference. Eastleigh game didn't sell out despite tickets only costing £5. Plenty of seats in East Stand and that was at a key point in the season.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

RientO wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:06 pm ...a more accurate stereotype would be that the under 25s are worse off and they are the ones who should have a discounted price.
err, they do. Adults 18-24 get the concession price.
Didn’t realise that. No complaints from me on that one, perfectly sensible.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Maybe so.

But having their own season ticket is a thing in itself.

I’ve already acknowledged there is an issue that needed to be resolved, I sit in the north and have commented all season on the amount of adults that never bring kids along.

Lots of other suggestions have been raised to get around the issue on other threads. Hammering the kids price was not the way to go when there were so many alternative ways of sorting it. Either the club didn’t have the nous to come up with the ideas that a couple of idiots on a MB genererated in a few minutes, or they couldn’t care and want to raise income in the short term at the possible loss of future fans. I know which one I reckon it is.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:42 pm

I’ve already acknowledged there is an issue that needed to be resolved, I sit in the north and have commented all season on the amount of adults that never bring kids along.

Lots of other suggestions have been raised to get around the issue on other threads. Hammering the kids price was not the way to go when there were so many alternative ways of sorting it. Either the club didn’t have the nous to come up with the ideas that a couple of idiots on a MB genererated in a few minutes, or they couldn’t care and want to raise income in the short term at the possible loss of future fans. I know which one I reckon it is.
Still don’t think that a season ticket for less than £100 is “hammering the kids price”

The real mistake was making them £9 in the first place, thus setting a ridiculous precedent for how much a season ticket should be.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:47 pm

I’m sure you’re correct about the 4 games. The £5 ones aside they happened to be two of the biggest games of the season.

Look, I understand the need to attract young supporters but I still think that anything under £100 for a season ticket is very reasonable. If you don’t use it then that’s your problem. Why buy a product that you know you aren’t going to use properly?

The argument of “kids don’t go to all games so their season tickets should be really really cheap” seems very bizarre to me.

Maybe introduce a “kids season ticket” which excludes weekday games and is only available in the family stand. Can charge a much reduced fee for this ticket and add the option of purchasing the midweek games for £5 a pop.
Estoban, You may have something there with the "kids season ticket"
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

The argument isn’t that’s why they should be cheap. It’s just that when working out the average cost per game, you can’t base it on 23 games. Young kids won’t attend that many.

The kids season ticket idea doesn’t really solve anything. It’s not as if any Tuesday night games were, or are likely to be, sold out. Other ideas already raised that would work include unallocated seating in the family stand, higher price for first kid but reduced price for subsequent kids, higher adult price more in line with other stands, higher price for kids - say £59 - but with free shirt for next season if attend a certain number of games.

And I’m sure the marketing brains at the club could have come up with a lot more than that if they really wanted to. I suspect that bringing in kids is not their thing, going for the younger, laddish market seems more like the way things are going.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Still don’t think that a season ticket for less than £100 is “hammering the kids price”

The real mistake was making them £9 in the first place, thus setting a ridiculous precedent for how much a season ticket should be.
I wonder how many fans now have come about as a result of Bazzas £10 season ticket back in the day?

It’s a great initiative that should be applauded, not dismissed.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

point nine one eight wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Estoban, You may have something there with the "kids season ticket"
If many people are using their kids season ticket in the way being described here (only using it for a limited number of games) the it essentially should be a different product.

As a product a season ticket is something which gets you into 20+ matches. If lots of people are using it different for their kids (only going to 10 or so matches) then it seems a wildly illogical step to fix this by drastically lowering the cost of the product.

Surely it makes more sense to develop a product which caters to the way its being used. Maybe the kids season ticket is essentially a token for 10/15 games which you look and choose. You could set a deadline to request to use it for a certain game (let’s say up to 24 hours before kick off). If you miss the deadline the seat then becomes available for somebody else to purchase. This really would solve the issue of the “sold out” games as a load of tickets will become available within 24 hours before kick off, for general sale.

Logistically this may be impossible to arrange, but I’m just trying to think of a way to give kids the option to actually attend the game whilst preventing a wasted seat if they don’t.

from what I gather the argument is that a season ticket as it exists isn’t being used as the product it is. So why not create one which works!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm

I wonder how many fans now have come about as a result of Bazzas £10 season ticket back in the day?

Everyone I go to games with is part of the £10 1995/6 generation - it was either what got us in in the first place or at least got us going week in week out for the first time. 24 years later we're all still going. Think of the thousands and thousands of pounds that's generated. Barry deserves stick for tonnes of stuff but credit where it's due, that was a masterstroke.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm

It’s a great question.

If you could quantify how many current regular attendees once had a reduced rate child season ticket at some point you could have figures to shut me up for good on this topic.

If you could find anywhere between 5-10% of current season tickets as adults who were once reduced price child season ticket holders I’d agree with you that it’s a great initiative.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I was one, so thats 0.1% already