We have sold 3250 ST's and targeting 4500

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: We have sold 3250 ST's and targeting 4500

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Good post.

No one is denying that there is/was a problem in the North, although we don’t know the scale of it. But the way the club has gone about solving the issue is wrong.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Maybe the club could have charged the higher price for the 1st Child and a lower price for subsequent children.
There was a problem with the Ghost Kids for a few games when we did the £5 offer but on the whole it didn’t matter if they turned up or not.

We definitely need to try and encourage kids along though as our core support is getting older.
I think we will probably have some ‘Special offer’ type games this season £1 a kid etc

It’s hard to make everyone happy !!!!
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm We definitely need to try and encourage kids along though as our core support is getting older.
I think we will probably have some ‘Special offer’ type games this season £1 a kid etc
Ironically those who are best off getting season tickets are over 65s who can get a season ticket in East Stand for £239 instead of paying £20/game next season. Nearly a 50% saving and even more if they got the early bird.

There will definitely be special offers.

They had 2 kids for a quid games last season and against Barrow even gave out a free programme. Also Orient gave away tickets to women for women's day, and there were three football for a fiver games. And students and under 24s can get tickets for £10 along with other concessions, which works out cheaper on a game by game basis than a season ticket in the East Stand.

And in recent years there have been numerous sources of complimentary tickets like local schools, the Wanstead/Woodford Guardian competitions (which amazingly I always won [sarcasm] ), and the Leyton Orient Trust. Not to mention the free youth season ticket back in 2013/2014 which my son never used.

Ultimately what will encourage younger fans to come along is a successful team.

Special Offers from last season.
https://www.leytonorient.com/siteassets ... s-date.png
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

RientO wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:18 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm We definitely need to try and encourage kids along though as our core support is getting older.
Ironically those who are best off getting season tickets are over 65s who can get a season ticket in East Stand for £239 instead of paying £20/game next season. Nearly a 50% saving and even more if they got the early bird.

They had 2 kids for a quid games last season and against Barrow even gave out a free programme. Also Orient gave away tickets to women for women's day, and there were three football for a fiver games. And students and under 24s can get tickets for £10 along with other concessions, which works out cheaper on a game by game basis than a season ticket in the East Stand.

And in recent years there have been numerous sources of complimentary tickets like local schools, the Wanstead/Woodford Guardian competitions (which amazingly I always won [sarcasm] ), and the Leyton Orient Trust. Not to mention the free youth season ticket back in 2013/2014 which my son never used.

Some of us over 65’s have been coming to Brisbane Road for years, paying full price, and deserving of concession rates. I know I’ve earned the deal I now get. But I do agree we need to encourage new young fans, though a system that allows them to buy cheap tickets, so cheap they don’t bother coming, ain’t helping.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

We need the yoof in the stands, not just on the pitch. Hopefully with the new food lines coming on stream for next season, they can at least get a burger rather than the old people’s food foisted on them this season.

Here’s hoping.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm Maybe the club could have charged the higher price for the 1st Child and a lower price for subsequent children.
There was a problem with the Ghost Kids for a few games when we did the £5 offer but on the whole it didn’t matter if they turned up or not.

We definitely need to try and encourage kids along though as our core support is getting older.

Good idea with lower pricing for subsequent kids.

It was only a couple f games where it was an issue but it’s a couple too many. And hopefully there will be more full houses in the coming season.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:32 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm Maybe the club could have charged the higher price for the 1st Child and a lower price for subsequent children.

It was only a couple f games where it was an issue but it’s a couple too many. And hopefully there will be more full houses in the coming season.
No doubt. We should be consistently getting full houses next season.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm Some of us over 65’s have been coming to Brisbane Road for years, paying full price, and deserving of concession rates. I know I’ve earned the deal I now get.
My dad is planning to get one this coming season (well planning on me getting him one to be precise). He never had one before, just relied on me getting tickets like the bonus tickets with STs and the £5 games.

The odd thing is that the over 65 gate price is only £2 less than full price which makes it very expensive game by game in relative terms.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Not sure we will get too many full houses but charging 2nd or 3rd children a more reasonable say £25 for a ST would appease those Adults bringing along his/ her kids along, having paid the higher price of £99 or whatever it is, guaranteeing to some extent the kid actually attending regularly.

I think it’s fairer than charging each child £99 and may encourage families.

A mate of mine is a Stevenage supporter and they are building their new stand behind one goal, with adult season tickets at £99
However they have a fairly low supporter base compared to ours.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RientO wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:08 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm Some of us over 65’s have been coming to Brisbane Road for years, paying full price, and deserving of concession rates. I know I’ve earned the deal I now get.
My dad is planning to get one this coming season (well planning on me getting him one to be precise). He never had one before, just relied on me getting tickets like the bonus tickets with STs and the £5 games.

The odd thing is that the over 65 gate price is only £2 less than full price which makes it very expensive game by game in relative terms.
Last season was the first time in near 60 years I ever bought a season ticket. Always paid on the day and had no issue with it costing a little more than a ST. After all the money was going to the club.

Got caught up with the chase to 4000 last term. Got one this season too. The marketing seems to work.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Some of us over 65’s have been coming to Brisbane Road for years, paying full price, and deserving of concession rates. I know I’ve earned the deal I now get. But I do agree we need to encourage new young fans, though a system that allows them to buy cheap tickets, so cheap they don’t bother coming, ain’t helping.
Amazes me that this is still a thing. The way things are today, most over 65s have more disposable income than the youngsters.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Not sure we will get too many full houses but charging 2nd or 3rd children a more reasonable say £25 for a ST would appease those Adults bringing along his/ her kids along, having paid the higher price of £99 or whatever it is, guaranteeing to some extent the kid actually attending regularly.

I think it’s fairer than charging each child £99 and may encourage families.

A mate of mine is a Stevenage supporter and they are building their new stand behind one goal, with adult season tickets at £99
However they have a fairly low supporter base compared to ours.
If the club were genuinely interested in encouraging youngsters into the club, they’d have done something like this. As it stands, it just looks like another way of raising income now (at the expense of the longer term).
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Claiming that £99 for a kids season ticket is a “disgrace” is laughable. Especially considering that the club will be playing a division higher next season.

It’s a totally reasonable price for a season ticket. if tickets remained at the ludicrously low price of £49 then the cost will have been passed on to adult season ticket holders. Why exactly should I have to subsidise the season ticket cost of other people’s kids?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Esti the people moaning were complaining about the £59 ticket which was increased from £9.

I have no problem with the prices even though my three kids tickets will cost me another £150 I still believe that they are great value for money.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Thor wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:35 am Esti the people moaning were complaining about the £59 ticket which was increased from £9.

I have no problem with the prices even though my three kids tickets will cost me another £150 I still believe that they are great value for money.
Thanks, I didn’t realise that.

Well my point is even more valid. £9 for a season ticket is utterly mental. Might as well be free.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Amazes me that this is still a thing. The way things are today, most over 65s have more disposable income than the youngsters.
ln my case thats bolox , i'm over 65 and never been so skint !!
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:38 am
Thor wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:35 am Esti the people moaning were complaining about the £59 ticket which was increased from £9.

Well my point is even more valid. £9 for a season ticket is utterly mental. Might as well be free.
It’s almost as if they’re trying to encourage youngsters into becoming supporters of the future or something, innit. Mental!
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:51 am

It’s almost as if they’re trying to encourage youngsters into becoming supporters of the future or something, innit. Mental!
no such thing as £9 season tickets when I was a kid, and it didn’t seem to stop me becoming a lifelong fan.
Token
Fresh Alias

Post by Token »

Found an old ticket stub from the 1990 season against Everton when we were in what’s now League One. Cost £4 to get in for adult. £9.02 in today’s money. Families didn’t need cheap deals back then.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Disoriented wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:29 pm We need the yoof in the stands, not just on the pitch. Hopefully with the new food lines coming on stream for next season, they can at least get a burger rather than the old people’s food foisted on them this season.

Here’s hoping.
Forgive me, just read the bit about new food lines for next season, i'm obviously out of the loop here can you tell me what they are please
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Token wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am Found an old ticket stub from the 1990 season against Everton when we were in what’s now League One. Cost £4 to get in for adult. £9.02 in today’s money. Families didn’t need cheap deals back then.
Something wrong here, Everton have never been relegated, so how come we're playing them in League 1
Token
Fresh Alias

Post by Token »

point nine one eight wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:51 am
Token wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am Found an old ticket stub from the 1990 season against Everton when we were in what’s now League One. Cost £4 to get in for adult. £9.02 in today’s money. Families didn’t need cheap deals back then.
Something wrong here, Everton have never been relegated, so how come we're playing them in League 1
League Cup. But I’m pretty sure the league games cost the same.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Token wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 am
point nine one eight wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:51 am
League Cup. But I’m pretty sure the league games cost the same.
ok cheers
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:00 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:51 am

no such thing as £9 season tickets when I was a kid, and it didn’t seem to stop me becoming a lifelong fan.
That’s good. But maybe if there had been such a thing, there would be more fans of your age?

PS liking the new character developments.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Amazes me that people don't realise that some over 65s have disposable income because they've worked a lifetime to earn it. Youngsters are still in the process of doing just that. I'd swap my disposable income to be 25 again.