Theresa You Were so Poo

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Re: Theresa You Were so Poo

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:07 pm
Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:20 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 pm

IMO, so many politicians of all parties plus civil servants, are far to used to cosying up to their political opposites in the EU. The thought of missing out on the various EU jollies is not something they wish to miss out on. All in all, its just one big expenses paid ''Gravy Train'' !!
Good job all you gammons voted for Nigel Farage in the EU elections, then. That’ll learn them.
''Gammons''
How Childish !!
Is that the best you can do ?
Well in that case............kindly leave the stage !!
Is that the best I can do? Well, no. I could break it down to you how deeply Nigel Farage is an inherent part of the “expenses gravy train” that you decry. But if you hadn’t already worked it out by now, then I doubt that there’s much point in me bothering to do so.

KMT
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:10 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:56 pm
Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:07 pm

I try to avoid these political threads, but there’s no way I can let that comment slide.

He was a truly atrocious foreign secretary, to the point where he was making a mockery of what was once one of the post prestigious posts in British politics.

His dire performance in that role should terrify anybody who believes that he is likely to become PM in the next few weeks.
Sooner Boris than Corblimey, He was london Mayor for 2 terms, Corblimey has never held office, you want him with Diane (can't add up) Abbot as Home Secretary. I couldn't let your comment slide by either
Nearly all politicians have never had jobs outside working for Unions, Councils or Politics in general. How many of them could start up private sector companies and turn them into large businesses !! The largest company of all ''Great Britain UK'' run mainly by incompetent novices.

For example Angela Rayner. British Labour politician. Rayner was elected as Member of Parliament (MP) for Ashton-under-Lyne at the 2015 general election and has served as ''Shadow Secretary of State for Education'' since 1 July 2016.

Rayner, left school as a pregnant teenager, worked as a care worker and later as a senior trade union representative with UNISON before entering politics. Early life and education. Rayner was born on 28 March 1980 in Stockport, Greater Manchester, England. She attended Avondale School in Stockport, leaving school pregnant at 16 with no qualifications. She later studied British Sign Language, care, and counselling at Stockport College, a college of further and higher education. Early career. After leaving school, Rayner worked for Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council as a care worker before being elected as a UNISON union representative.
So the child of a woman who cannot read or write, who left school at 16 has bettered herself by studying at college and working as a care worker. Sounds like a rags to riches story and proof that she is not out of touch. You might prefer Rees Smug and Farridge, but they got given everything on a platter.

I should also point out the the country is not a business, otherwise you'd have Conrad Black or Philip Green in charge.

And just in case you'd forgotten, outside the army, Churchill was only ever a politician.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Good job all you gammons voted for Nigel Farage in the EU elections, then. That’ll learn them.
''Gammons''
How Childish !!
Is that the best I can do? Well, no. I could break it down to you how deeply Nigel Farage is an inherent part of the “expenses gravy train” that you decry. But if you hadn’t already worked it out by now, then I doubt that there’s much point in me bothering to do so.

KMT
Unfortunately, the only way to fight is from the inside. Which Cameron clearly did not understand.

So you have to start somewhere, whether it is a gravy train or not.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The government is in control of many businesses, you can view these on companies house.

For example The British Business Bank.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:25 pm

No more a liar than most of the others, he does smile nice though, not sure of your claim about Foreign Secretary, did introduce Boris Bikes though
I try to avoid these political threads, but there’s no way I can let that comment slide.

He was a truly atrocious foreign secretary, to the point where he was making a mockery of what was once one of the post prestigious posts in British politics.

His dire performance in that role should terrify anybody who believes that he is likely to become PM in the next few weeks.
Sooner Boris than Corblimey, He was london Mayor for 2 terms, Corblimey has never held office, you want him with Diane (can't add up) Abbot as Home Secretary. I couldn't let your comment slide by either
This is precisely why I avoid these polical threads.

Where did I even mention Corbyn, let alone profess any form of support for him.

These ridiculous leaps make discourse on the subject almost impossible.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

BIGRON wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:24 pm I don't understand politics at all , i am a bit worried about Boris Johnson possibly becoming prime minister though 🤔🤔
Boris the buffoon if he ever makes prime minister will make us an even bigger laughing stock than Trump in America!!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Real Al wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:18 pm
Nearly all politicians have never had jobs outside working for Unions, Councils or Politics in general. How many of them could start up private sector companies and turn them into large businesses !! The largest company of all ''Great Britain UK'' run mainly by incompetent novices.

For example Angela Rayner. British Labour politician. Rayner was elected as Member of Parliament (MP) for Ashton-under-Lyne at the 2015 general election and has served as ''Shadow Secretary of State for Education'' since 1 July 2016.

Rayner, left school as a pregnant teenager, worked as a care worker and later as a senior trade union representative with UNISON before entering politics. Early life and education. Rayner was born on 28 March 1980 in Stockport, Greater Manchester, England. She attended Avondale School in Stockport, leaving school pregnant at 16 with no qualifications. She later studied British Sign Language, care, and counselling at Stockport College, a college of further and higher education. Early career. After leaving school, Rayner worked for Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council as a care worker before being elected as a UNISON union representative.
So the child of a woman who cannot read or write, who left school at 16 has bettered herself by studying at college and working as a care worker. Sounds like a rags to riches story and proof that she is not out of touch. You might prefer Rees Smug and Farridge, but they got given everything on a platter.

I should also point out the the country is not a business, otherwise you'd have Conrad Black or Philip Green in charge.

And just in case you'd forgotten, outside the army, Churchill was only ever a politician.
''Churchill was only ever a politician.''
Apart from.... Being an officer in the British army and also a journalist being involved in action in India, Sudan and the Boer war in South Africa.After resigning from the Government, he also served for a period of time as an Army Officer in the front lines in the first world war.
Churchill was also a noted historian, and writer, also an accomplished amateur artist. Just a little bit more than you wrote !!

As to Angela Rayner, a person elevated by lack of other more suitable candidates ( The most educated amongst the labour MPs refuse to serve under Corbyn ) to ''Shadow Secretary of State for Education'' So in Rayners case, is she really the person most suitable and qualified for that job in the Labour party, well according to you.......... YES !!
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

I said nothing of the sort about Rayner. However, you said she'd never worked outside of unions and politics, when in fact she has.

And I said that he'd been in the army, so you didn't read what I wrote. Painting and writing hardly prepares someone to run a business. Maybe, just maybe, the character, work ethic and intelligence of a person makes them suitable for government office.

Although Chris Grayling would seem to prove the lie of that.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Then feel free not to bother me again
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:58 pm
Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Then feel free not to bother me again
The worrying thing is that people like you, with your puerile attitude, have the power to vote.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Esteban you made a comment about Boris as foreign secretary which you are entitled to do. You said he's likely to be the next PM. 918 then expressed his opinion that Boris would be a better PM than Corbyn again that is his opinion.

Surely he is allowed an opinion that differs from you own? Then you make a tough comment about his right to vote. People died fighting for votes.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Thor wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:45 pm Esteban you made a comment about Boris as foreign secretary which you are entitled to do. You said he's likely to be the next PM. 918 then expressed his opinion that Boris would be a better PM than Corbyn again that is his opinion.

Surely he is allowed an opinion that differs from you own? Then you make a tough comment about his right to vote. People died fighting for votes.
Except that’s not what happened, is it?

I made a comment about Boris’ tenure as foreign sec.

In response I got some whataboutery regarding Corbyn and Abbot. On its own that’s bad enough as it has nothing to do with what I was commenting on, but to make matters worse there was a strong suggestion that I somehow endorse Corbyn and Abbot, despite not saying anything of the sort.

It’s the exact kind of tedious deflection and false dichotomy (“you don’t like Boris so you MUST support Corbyn) which makes political discourse with some people utterly unbearable.

Had 918 come back to me with some strong arguments against my actual statement, and made a strong claim that Boris was a great foreign sec then I would have been all ears. He may have even be able to convince me that my assessment of his tenure is flawed. But that’s not what happened.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Apart from.... Being an officer in the British army and also a journalist being involved in action in India, Sudan and the Boer war in South Africa.After resigning from the Government, he also served for a period of time as an Army Officer in the front lines in the first world war.
Churchill was also a noted historian, and writer, also an accomplished amateur artist. Just a little bit more than you wrote !!

As to Angela Rayner, a person elevated by lack of other more suitable candidates ( The most educated amongst the labour MPs refuse to serve under Corbyn ) to ''Shadow Secretary of State for Education'' So in Rayners case, is she really the person most suitable and qualified for that job in the Labour party, well according to you.......... YES !!
Rayner’s story is incredible when you put it like that. What an amazing woman to have achieved all that coming from her background. Truly remarkable.

Churchill had a slightly better start to life.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Rayner’s story is incredible when you put it like that. What an amazing woman to have achieved all that coming from her background. Truly remarkable.

The fact that we’re sitting here putting Sir Winston Churchill head to head with Angela Rayner MP, in some bizarre form of time warp political top trumps to identify a “winner” highlights precisely why political debate online is an utterly mental and pointless exercise.

Two people so far removed, both temporaly and ideologically, that deciding who is “better” is an act so bewilderingly futile it makes your mind boggle.

Let’s stick to arguing about football, please?
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 pm
Thor wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:45 pm Esteban you made a comment about Boris as foreign secretary which you are entitled to do. You said he's likely to be the next PM. 918 then expressed his opinion that Boris would be a better PM than Corbyn again that is his opinion.

In response I got some whataboutery regarding Corbyn and Abbot. On its own that’s bad enough as it has nothing to do with what I was commenting on, but to make matters worse there was a strong suggestion that I somehow endorse Corbyn and Abbot, despite not saying anything of the sort.

It’s the exact kind of tedious deflection and false dichotomy (“you don’t like Boris so you MUST support Corbyn) which makes political discourse with some people utterly unbearable.

Had 918 come back to me with some strong arguments against my actual statement, and made a strong claim that Boris was a great foreign sec then I would have been all ears. He may have even be able to convince me that my assessment of his tenure is flawed. But that’s not what happened.
Esteban, as mentioned earlier please feel free to ignore me, I promise I will not miss you
Didn't come back to you because couldn't be bothered
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:39 pm

The fact that we’re sitting here putting Sir Winston Churchill head to head with Angela Rayner MP, in some bizarre form of time warp political top trumps to identify a “winner” highlights precisely why political debate online is an utterly mental and pointless exercise.

Two people so far removed, both temporaly and ideologically, that deciding who is “better” is an act so bewilderingly futile it makes your mind boggle.

Sorry, no. If someone wants to make a facile statement that MPs have never worked, then fine. But if they pick on a single individual, use their background against them, but misrepresent the facts, then I'll call them up on it.

I don't start political threads though
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 pm

IMO, so many politicians of all parties plus civil servants, are far to used to cosying up to their political opposites in the EU. The thought of missing out on the various EU jollies is not something they wish to miss out on. All in all, its just one big expenses paid ''Gravy Train'' !!
''Gammons''
How Childish !!
Loony Lefts use Gammons , simply not to call you the Racist Right ..
😁
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 pm Exactly a Small Country .
Only ever conquered places full of peasants .

When the Real Superpowers of the world get involved the uk is never involved.

Russia China US Israel , Germany , North Korea, Brazil
Saudia Arabia , pretty much dictate what goes down in the world .

A little island & its teritories wont do much.
Better off in the EU as it wouldnt give a proper power a sweat on let alone a bloody nose these days
Come on tuffers. You have been on the Barry Hearn little Leyton Orient juice.

Need some of the Travis/Teague juice instead.
Been on the what ?
Absolutely pathetic attempt & trying simplify a truly stupid decision in Uk political History .

The Sooner Dave the tory gets arrested & charged with treason , the sooner this nonsense can be put to bed & people can get back to the real political troubles we face & the sooner the plastic gammoners F*ck off back to discussing there tripe in the pub.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:39 pm

:D

Agreed, impossible to compare them generally.

You can compare specifically though, say on who is/was the most racist.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:45 pm
Esteban wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 pm

Esteban, as mentioned earlier please feel free to ignore me, I promise I will not miss you
Didn't come back to you because couldn't be bothered
Such needless animosity.

I question the performance of Boris Johnson as foreign sec and you go off on one against me as if I’ve persoanlly insulted every member of your family.

Really strange.

Out of interest, do you actually disagree with my assessment of Johnson’s performance as foreign sec? If so, I’d love to hear why. Otherwise I’ll just assume that you have no counter to my point and have chosen the lazy “I can’t bothered to answer you” route as a deflection against the fact that you have absolutely no retort to the actual point I made.
Last edited by Esteban on Sun May 26, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:50 am
point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:05 am

Better off in the EU as it wouldnt give a proper power a sweat on let alone a bloody nose these days
Wish we had a foe button, don't wanna know this bloke anymore, is he Disoriented in disguise
😮

I thought we were bros now Tax.

😅
Dis , tell him there is a Foe button
😂😉
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:00 pm

Been on the what ?
Absolutely pathetic attempt & trying simplify a truly stupid decision in Uk political History .

The Sooner Dave the tory gets arrested & charged with treason , the sooner this nonsense can be put to bed & people can get back to the real political troubles we face & the sooner the plastic gammoners F*ck off back to discussing there tripe in the pub.
Good grief. Do you not have a sense of parody.

Unfortunately we don't have foresight, so how can we possibly know whether this is a bad decision or not.

What was a bad decision was for Dave not to try to make changes from the inside. Macron is now doing this and making a much more federal EU. Which we would normally be in fighting against.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Still's Carenae wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 am

Been on the what ?

Unfortunately we don't have foresight, so how can we possibly know whether this is a bad decision or not.

What was a bad decision was for Dave not to try to make changes from the inside. Macron is now doing this and making a much more federal EU. Which we would normally be in fighting against.
Why take advice on what the Uk should do in the future......from someone who clearly has a massive chip on his shoulder when it comes to anything UK related !!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 am
Still's Carenae wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 am

Been on the what ?

Why take advice on what the Uk should do in the future......from someone who clearly has a massive chip on his shoulder when it comes to anything UK related !!
Who has a chip on his Shoulder ?

Tell me what this once GREAT Nation has donr of note in the last 75 years ?

Those who fought & died in wars would be turning in graves , with the laziness off this Nation in that time .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Bishop joined Orient's groundstaff in June 1952, having played for the club's nursery side Chase of Chertsey, and turned professional as a player six months later. He made his debut in a 1–1 draw at home to Swindon Town on 27 February 1954. During his first four seasons he was only selected occasionally, although he made 15 appearances in 1955–56 as Orient won the Third Division South title. However, it was not until the 1957–58 season that Bishop became a regular first-team player, forming a strong defensive line with Welshmen Mal Lucas and Cyril Lea. By the time of Orient's 1961–62 campaign Bishop was ever-present, playing in all 49 of the club's matches as they won promotion to the First Division for the first time.

During Orient's only season in the top flight, Bishop played 39 matches, and scored the winning goal in a 2–1 win over Liverpool on 2 May 1963, his last goal for the club. His other three goals had come during the 1960–61 season, including a 40-yard drive past Howard Radford in a 3–2 win at home to Bristol Rovers on 4 February 1961. He was released in May 1965 by Orient's new manager Dave Sexton, having made 323 senior appearances, making him one of only twelve Orient players to have played more than 300 matches for the club.

Non-league career

After leaving Leyton Orient aged 31, Bishop moved into non-league football with Hastings United of the Southern League. He became player-manager there, bringing former England international Bobby Smith and Welsh U21 international Jim Ryan to the club.

With Hastings narrowly failing to achieve promotion in 1965–66, Bishop moved to Guildford City, again as player-manager.