The trans debate

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: The trans debate

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

If my 8-year-old child came to me and said they thought they were the wrong gender/in the wrong body I'd tell them to stop consuming whatever brainwashing sh*t was making them believe that, because no child would genuinely come up with that idea by themselves
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

You say that, but I used to think that I was an Equidae born into the body of the human from a very early age. I think it started back in the school changing rooms, when all the other kids used to refer to me as "donkey boy" for some reason.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:07 pm Its a complex issue which I have differing opinions on, depending on the element.

If it was my child I would do my absolutely very best to support them and help them into being themselves. But I'd also try to do the very hard job of convincing them to wait. Your body and your mind changes so much before and after puberty. The things I wanted at 10 were very different at 16, as were the things i wanted at 23 are different today, ten years later. It's hard to understand that when you are young though and ultimately it's very difficult for anyone if they cant be themselves, no matter what age. I think you need to balance listening, understanding and your responsibility as a guardian.
That's the whole point of puberty blockers, which despite all the worried wailing, is the only treatment available to under 16's. They aren't completely without risk but it is a reversible treatment. The majority of children accessing the gender identity service don't receive any hormone treatment at all and the focus is on therapy and social transitioning if that's what they want.

From my already admitted limited experience, this thing about kids saying they were born in the wrong body is a misconception of how people present. Just going from the one person I know, everything about her behaviour presents as female and she's been like that all her life. It's not a passing fad, it's who she is.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

What's wrong with being an effeminate male?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dunners wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm You say that, but I used to think that I was an Equidae born into the body of the human from a very early age. I think it started back in the school changing rooms, when all the other kids used to refer to me as "donkey boy" for some reason.
Have you sorted out that funny braying noise you used to make?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:22 pm If my 8-year-old child came to me and said they thought they were the wrong gender/in the wrong body I'd tell them to stop consuming whatever brainwashing sh*t was making them believe that, because no child would genuinely come up with that idea by themselves
What would you do if, because the one person in the world who they should be able to rely on to listen and understand their problems and worries acts like that, they see no future and top themselves?

Genuine question like, cos suicide in young people is a huge issue and one that’s associated with the things we have been discussing.
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 pm My local Working men's club where i sometimes help ou behind the bar has variety shows with gays lesbians and transvestites on stage , call me old fashioned but i find it all quite distastefull 🤔🤔
Where I worked a few years back, we had an Austrian engineer who came in regularly when we had new machinery installed. He spent a lot of time
overseas with his job and swore blind that the best BJ's he'd ever had were from Ladyboys in Thailand.
When this Covid is over, let me know Ron when your club is having one of these nights. :lol:
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

:~
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Proof, if you need it, that the public is still way behind in its thinking around these issues to have an informed decision. Leave it to the medical professionals and the courts
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

what is Tom Chance deciding?
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Tom Chance wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 pm
BIGRON wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 pm My local Working men's club where i sometimes help ou behind the bar has variety shows with gays lesbians and transvestites on stage , call me old fashioned but i find it all quite distastefull 🤔🤔
Where I worked a few years back, we had an Austrian engineer who came in regularly when we had new machinery installed. He spent a lot of time
overseas with his job and swore blind that the only BJ he'd ever had was from a Ladyboy in Thailand.
When this Covid is over, let me know Ron when your club is having one of these nights. :lol:
Corrected for you.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

BoniO wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:49 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm You say that, but I used to think that I was an Equidae born into the body of the human from a very early age. I think it started back in the school changing rooms, when all the other kids used to refer to me as "donkey boy" for some reason.
I think it was because he continually made an ass of himself.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Maybe we should have a referendum on the subject to sort it all out for the best.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:04 am
BoniO wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:49 pm
I think it was because he continually made an ass of himself.
It's not a joking matter. It really used to depress me. My teachers noticed this and would always ask me; "why the long face?"
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:22 pm If my 8-year-old child came to me and said they thought they were the wrong gender/in the wrong body I'd tell them to stop consuming whatever brainwashing sh*t was making them believe that, because no child would genuinely come up with that idea by themselves
How about if your 10 year old child came to you and said they thought they were gay?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:34 pm What's wrong with being an effeminate male?
Absolutely nothing.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Nature does not make everyone the same. Some boys from an early age look and act in a girlish and feminine way, some girls look masculine and act as if they were boys. It is NOT a wish to be like that, its just being who they are. Same as some men and women are gay and some are bi-sexual. Ask these people and most would say that is how they feel inside themselves and it is not something they made a choice to be, its just being themselves. Lastly of course some people are born intersex, so born with sex genitalia that is neither fully male or female, they did not CHOOSE to be born like that, just nature played a cruel trick on them. This sort of thing is nothing recent, men and women being confused about their own sexual identity has been going on since Roman times and well before that !
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I find this genuinely horrifying
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Adz wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:39 am
almost certainly a WUM but terrifying if thats any parents way of dealing with their poor children.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I think you'd put it in a nicer way, but I have seen a documentary (ch4 possibly) and they spoke of the number of youtube videos out there that foist the trans culture for want of a better phrase on impressionable young minds.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Adz wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:39 am
He doesn't mean it, just fishing.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:37 am Nature does not make everyone the same. Some boys from an early age look and act in a girlish and feminine way, some girls look masculine and act as if they were boys. It is NOT a wish to be like that, its just being who they are. Same as some men and women are gay and some are bi-sexual. Ask these people and most would say that is how they feel inside themselves and it is not something they made a choice to be, its just being themselves. Lastly of course some people are born intersex, so born with sex genitalia that is neither fully male or female, they did not CHOOSE to be born like that, just nature played a cruel trick on them. This sort of thing is nothing recent, men and women being confused about their own sexual identity has been going on since Roman times and well before that !
Good effort, sid.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:34 pm What's wrong with being an effeminate male?
Absolutely nothing.
How would you feel if they said they were depressed &
felt suicidal , but couldnt tell you why ?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:14 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 am
Absolutely nothing.
How would you feel if they said they were depressed &
felt suicidal , but couldnt tell you why ?
How are the two things linked?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:56 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:37 am Nature does not make everyone the same. Some boys from an early age look and act in a girlish and feminine way, some girls look masculine and act as if they were boys. It is NOT a wish to be like that, its just being who they are. Same as some men and women are gay and some are bi-sexual. Ask these people and most would say that is how they feel inside themselves and it is not something they made a choice to be, its just being themselves. Lastly of course some people are born intersex, so born with sex genitalia that is neither fully male or female, they did not CHOOSE to be born like that, just nature played a cruel trick on them. This sort of thing is nothing recent, men and women being confused about their own sexual identity has been going on since Roman times and well before that !
Good effort, sid.
Back in the early sixties when I was a kid, my sister was in the horse riding set ( we lived in the Essex countryside ) and one day, I heard one of my sisters friends talking in the kitchen to my mum in a private conversation, such a nice woman, around mid to late 20s who looked like a man, big hands, masculine sort of facial features and build around 5'8''to 5'9'' tall I guess. She could have passed as a man and would have looked silly wearing a dress etc. She worked as a farm manager and dressed in a mans suit. My mum was a very kind and open minded person, this lady was crying as she spoke to mum, saying things on the lines of ''Why me, why was I born like this, a misfit, neither man or woman'' What could my mum say to consul her but she did her best. I heard mum say, ''Now look, we are your friends and you have many other friends who love you and accept you as you are, just think of that and those who put you down try to put them out of your mind and ignore them'' Ok, easier said than done, but I think that what Mum said to her did help a bit. Looking back, at times that poor lady was sometimes subject to sniggers, looks and things being said behind her back. As far as I know she just had friends but no romantic connections. Well we all liked her and just accepted her for what she was a nice friendly woman who was a good friend, but life can be cruel, especially in those days years ago when a lot of people were not as open minded as the majority are now.
So try to accept that we cannot walk the path of others, to know and feel what they feel inside themselves. People have the born right to live their lives as they so wish, If they are not hurting anyone else, just let them be.