Well done Tranmere

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Well done Tranmere

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

L1 football. And well done Jake Caprice for the winning assist.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: Well done Tranmere

Post by Esteban »

Beat me to it!

Back to back promotions is a brilliant achievement
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Shows it is possible. Just need to follow suit and offload Alabi.
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

All down to the Exiles next season - can't wait.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Made up for Caprice. Unnecessarily scapegoated by sections. Knew he was better than National League.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Nad2008 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm Made up for Caprice. Unnecessarily scapegoated by sections. Knew he was better than National League.
Of course he was and so he has proved beyond doubt. Won’t stop some from admitting they were wrong. Pleased for him.
LOFC1948
Fresh Alias

Post by LOFC1948 »

It will be us next season - but going up as Cham- pee -ones !
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:54 pm
Nad2008 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm Made up for Caprice. Unnecessarily scapegoated by sections. Knew he was better than National League.
Of course he was and so he has proved beyond doubt. Won’t stop some from admitting they were wrong. Pleased for him.
TBF, you championed Caprice while he was with us and lambasted those of us obsessed with his inability to cross, read the play or defend.

Mind you, you lionised Beelzebub too.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I feel sorry for the Newport fans because we know what it feels like to lose at Wembley and have that gutted feeling . Well done to Tranmere and Jake Caprice with their back to back promotions . It would be lovely if we could do the same thing next season.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:06 pm
TBF, you championed Caprice while he was with us and lambasted those of us obsessed with his inability to cross, read the play or defend.

Give it a rest for goodness sake you bore. I always rated Caprice and always felt our style of play left us exposed when he went forward, which he did with great skill but was unable to be in two places at once when opponents broke. No cover for him.

I always acknowledged the money Beelzebub put into the club, said from the off the type of man he was and gave him 3 years before he would be off unless we were successful.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Give it a rest for goodness sake you bore. I always rated Caprice and always felt our style of play left us exposed when he went forward, which he did with great skill but was unable to be in two places at once when opponents broke. No cover for him.

I always acknowledged the money Beelzebub put into the club, said from the off the type of man he was and gave him 3 years before he would be off unless we were successful.
Oh dear. I thought you valued debate. Sad that you have to resort to abuse when a logical, calm approach would suffice.

Will be amusing when you castigate some other poor soul who applies such an unintelligent approach.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Players signed by Tranmere since last season.

Starting line up:

- Jake Caprice (Leyton Orient)
- Sid Nelson (loan from Millwall)
- Manny Monthe (Forest Green Rovers - albeit made six loan appearances at Tranmere last season)
- Ollie Banks (Oldham Athletic)
- Kieron Morris (loan from Walsall)
- David Perkins (Rochdale)

Subs:

- Paul Mullin (Swindon Town)
- Harvey Gilmour (Sheffield United)
- Ben Pringle (Loan from Preston North End)
- Chris Dagnall (Bury)

10/18 players in the squad were signed this season. Shows it is possible, if the squad is suitably strengthened.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:23 pm Players signed by Tranmere since last season.

Starting line up:

- Manny Monthe (Forest Green Rovers - albeit made six loan appearances at Tranmere last season)

Subs:

- Chris Dagnall (Bury)

10/18 players in the squad were signed this season. Shows it is possible, if the squad is suitably strengthened.
I was just wondering, were any of their loan players season long loans ?
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:30 pm
Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:23 pm Players signed by Tranmere since last season.

Starting line up:

Subs:

- Chris Dagnall (Bury)

The three in today's squad arrived in January. Luke McCullough and Jonny Smith have been season loans. McCullough got regular minutes up until a knee injury. Of the four players who missed the play off final with injury, Miller and Ellis were both new signings this season, along with McCullough.
Last edited by Mr. Peanutbutter on Sat May 25, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Oh dear. I thought you valued debate. Sad that you have to resort to abuse when a logical, calm approach would suffice.

Will be amusing when you castigate some other poor soul who applies such an unintelligent approach.
I enjoy debate but you ain’t debating, just muck raking old stories that are past their sell by date in order to try and get in a cheap dig. When you have something sensible to contribute I’ll happily debate. In the mean time grow up.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:43 pm

I enjoy debate but you ain’t debating, just muck raking old stories that are past their sell by date in order to try and get in a cheap dig. When you have something sensible to contribute I’ll happily debate. In the mean time grow up.
Dis still in denial he wrote abusive things about the Lings for the majority of last season yet complains that someone is being abusive to him calling him a bore
Unbelievable Jeff
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Starting line up:

Subs:

- Chris Dagnall (Bury)

The three in today's squad arrived in January. Luke McCullough and Jonny Smith have been season loans. McCullough got regular minutes up until a knee injury. Of the four players who missed the play off final with injury, Miller and Ellis were both new signings this season, along with McCullough.
Really interesting, that.

Looks like we will need a good few new bodies into the first team if we’re going to go up like them.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:43 pm

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder. Clearly it was a shameful period for you which you quite rightly wish to bury.
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

Congratulations to Tranmere and especially Jake Caprice. Great story, back to back promotions. Let’s hope we can do the same.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Starting line up:

Subs:

- Chris Dagnall (Bury)

Thanks Peanut . Proves how useful the loan market can be if you can get the right players. I was impressed in 2014 when Brentford brought in loan players like Alan Judge and Marcello Trotta . Those players made a big difference to Brentford that season .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

If anyone watched the game, what position did Caprice play in?

Also I’d love Ben Pringle down the O’s I like him as a player.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Thanks Peanut . Proves how useful the loan market can be if you can get the right players. I was impressed in 2014 when Brentford brought in loan players like Alan Judge and Marcello Trotta . Those players made a hugh difference to Brentford that season .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Really interesting, that.

Looks like we will need a good few new bodies into the first team if we’re going to go up like them.
Yes, after looking at the quality of that list I have to agree.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Thor wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 am If anyone watched the game, what position did Caprice play in?

Yes, I've also been thinking about us signing Pringle. He first caught my eye when playing for Rotherham.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:54 am
Thor wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 am If anyone watched the game, what position did Caprice play in?

Yes, I've also been thinking about us signing Pringle. He first caught my eye when playing for Rotherham.
What are his strengths? Crisp passing?