Changing User Name

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Changing User Name

Post by Dunners »

What a ledge!
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Clive Evans wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 am Adz said "Have you seen Facebook? "

Yes I happen to use Facebook quite a lot. They have a weak policy of removing " fake " news and misleading entries. But they do do it and I have seen them do it on many occasions. I don't think Thor would see his postings stay on Facebook very long. A bit spurious comparing this board to Facebook, as I think Facebook has a few more users. I have never, ever had a problem using my real name on there. I don't hesitate in challenging people who I think have " challenging " ideas. Furthermore, by myself and others using our real names, I have got back into contact with people I haven't seen for years. Including three ladies ( then girls ) who cruised around in my three wheeler. I hadn't seen them for over 40 years. We now have regular reunions. Going by other responses including from the Immoderator, I can see why people prefer to remain anonymous.

Clive Evans
I wasn't comparing this to Facebook, my point was Facebook is not anonymous and people still post offensive aggressive bigoted crap
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Yes I happen to use Facebook quite a lot. They have a weak policy of removing " fake " news and misleading entries. But they do do it and I have seen them do it on many occasions. I don't think Thor would see his postings stay on Facebook very long. A bit spurious comparing this board to Facebook, as I think Facebook has a few more users. I have never, ever had a problem using my real name on there. I don't hesitate in challenging people who I think have " challenging " ideas. Furthermore, by myself and others using our real names, I have got back into contact with people I haven't seen for years. Including three ladies ( then girls ) who cruised around in my three wheeler. I hadn't seen them for over 40 years. We now have regular reunions. Going by other responses including from the Immoderator, I can see why people prefer to remain anonymous.

Clive Evans
Why are you calling me 'Immoderator'?
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

What do you want it changed to? Should list your address too so there is no hiding place.

Blimey this is a message board for Little Ole Leyton Orient Fans, who don't say boo to a goose. You get harangued in the West Stand if you cry "Damn!", when a penalty is missed. What is the need for all this mealy mouthed subterfuge? So we can have more idiots spouting rubbish.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Not for me, Clive.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Clive Evans
Well, well, well if it isn't by old mate Clive "Shagger" Evans .

How you doin' bud? Long time no see. Great to hear you're still pumping the burdz and living up to the nickname we gave you all those years ago.

Is your wife still a goer?
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Which one?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

HARVEY T DENTON wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:18 am Which one?
All of them were very popular.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Thread Was Mistake.

KMT
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Om a ever so slightly more serious note, I dont know why boarders cant change their user names without asking for a MOD to do it.
On many sites, on all subjects, you go into the account section, and just do it yourself, & that seems to be the norm
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Thread Was Mistake.

Not really....People can spot others being rude a mile away. Plainly there is no excuse for bad manners. This is suppose to be a board for people with a shared interest, but due to strange World circumstances, we can expect people to behave in strange ways. But as I say, there is no excuse for bad manners, including anonymity. But most people will see an offender for what they are. I think some Boarders in the last few days, have made postings which have reflected badly on themselves. What is strange, is the Boarder who gets up my nose most of all ( Thor) has been strangely quiet.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Has Thor been rude to you? or does he just post things you do not agree with?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

If I had a name like Clive (or Keith or Colin, or any of those old fashioned ones) I'd be glad of the chance to use something different, even if it meant missing out on a bit of fanny.

willy Handler
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Thor is never rude he just says such silly things, a bit like Ronnie Hotdogs ( but I suspect Ronnie Hotdogs is no older than 12- Thor is definitely a bit older )
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

If I reverted to my real name I'd have to breach the Official Secrets Act so no.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Clive Evans wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:50 am Thor is never rude he just says such silly things, a bit like Ronnie Hotdogs ( but I suspect Ronnie Hotdogs is no older than 12- Thor is definitely a bit older )
Hello Clive, it’s a shame you don’t like me, each to their own I guess. If you met me you’d think differently, but let me pass this comment and then you can reflect easier in future on what my postings fall into.

Serious posts
Wind ups
Fishing
Laughs
Anything else

So whilst you may think he’s mad or a conspiracy theorist not everything is or can be as it’s posted it’s up to you how you take it. Don’t be so serious in life, enjoy it, help others (that’s a serious part) and relax, don’t bite on so many posts and see them for what they are a bit of banter on a football forum.

Anyway, I’m gonna try and go back to sleep as your postings have awoken the mighty Thor from his sleep, you know I’m over 900 years old don’t you?

Take care enjoy your day and may the lord bring wisdom, love and peace to your life.

Signing off with my real name
Jed I Knight
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 am

Clive Evans
Well, well, well if it isn't by old mate Clive "Shagger" Evans .

How you doin' bud? Long time no see. Great to hear you're still pumping the burdz and living up to the nickname we gave you all those years ago.

Is your wife still a goer?
😉