Season Ticket renewal arse ache

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Re: Season Ticket renewal arse ache

Post by StillSpike »

Old Bloke wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm Still spikes comments that he knew how to get hold of DM shows that you need be in the know or on Twitter to get help
Those of us for whom getting on here is a real achievement cannot get hold of someone to sort out season ticket issues or other matters as the club does not give a way of contacting them to sort issues out
In fairness, the only reason that I knew to send him (DM) a direct message (DM) was that I saw him respond to someone else's tweet (moaning about the Season Ticket arse ache) by saying "Send me a DM with the details and I'll have a look". So I did just that. That's hardly being "in-the-know" - more like just being on a fairly popular social media platform where you can find the odd tidbit of useful information among all the crap.

It is true that you have to be on Twitter to send a DM on twitter. If you're not internet minded (like my dad) then you'll have a job on your hands - same as if you were trying to tax a car, or get groceries delivered etc etc - he has to get me or Mum to do it :(
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

This is the way
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Tuffers
Not sure if you are trying to be funny, or are just dim-witted about this.

My post clearly states that I have been in direct contact with Mr Macklin. Subsequent to this contact.....

NOTHING HAPPENED

Please don't keep on with this garbage about missed opportunities. I know how to send and receive emails.

TTFN
Fred
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm Yeah, if the OP had put as much energy into chasing the club to sort his issue as he has into whining about it on here, his issue would’ve been solved by now
And you can do one as well mate

Today is the first time I have posted about this since 28th July. Since that time I have made numerous efforts to resolve matters with the club.
If you think this constitutes whining you should get out more
Old Bloke
Fresh Alias

Post by Old Bloke »

Still Spike from what I do know about Twitter you or the person helping you will need to know
Who might be able to help and
if the person who might help is on twitter

Surely it must be right that the club have proper contact details to help with season ticket issue
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Old Bloke wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 pm Still Spike from what I do know about Twitter you or the person helping you will need to know
Who might be able to help and
if the person who might help is on twitter

Surely it must be right that the club have proper contact details to help with season ticket issue
You are, of course, 100% correct. I think they're still running with a shoestring staff (if that) and have removed contact details because they have no-one to man the phones. I've managed to contact Lindsey and she sorted out my ST but given the season has now started I think they really need to get some bodies in the building.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I returned 4 x Exeter tickets back in mid April and still await a refund.
Have contacted Danny Macklin 4 or 5 times since then via twitter and he replies immediately, and has taken my contact number, promising that someone will call me to sort out the £80 I’m owed"..........Of course nobody has called me.
As the season has started then surely it’s time for some of the furloughed staff to return.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Update
I just paid by credit card over the phone - I expect streaming codes will follow in due course
Got there in the end, but it was a lot of palaver
Old Bloke
Fresh Alias

Post by Old Bloke »

Update on my issue
Once I have got hold of the right person i.e. Lindsey it has all been sorted quickly and I have signed up and paid for my season ticket.
But the point remains that those not on the club internet forum all the time or connected with club people on twitter are not catered for if there is a ticketing issue.
I accept Covid has made this far worst but there does need to be a contact name widely available to deal with ticket issues including season tickets