Season Ticket renewal arse ache

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Season Ticket renewal arse ache

Post by Disoriented »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:56 am Its now almost the end of July and I have have not heard anything substantive from the club about my season ticket renewal
I have received one or two 'bear with us' emails including one from Danny Macklin, but its now three days until the early bird deadline expires

I have decided to leave this whole thing in the lap of the Gods. Whereas I once was keen to bump my season ticket number from 2 to 4, I now couldn't give a crap. The seats I have always had will most probably get reallocated meaning I won't get to sit near my mates so what is the point in going.

Is anyone else getting the cold shoulder from the club about their season ticket renewal? Or anyone else waiting months and months like me?

Its pathetic really
They seem to be doing a great job in the circumstances.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Are you saying you have got your tickets then?

On what basis are you declaring this a 'great job'?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:56 am Its now almost the end of July and I have have not heard anything substantive from the club about my season ticket renewal
I have received one or two 'bear with us' emails including one from Danny Macklin, but its now three days until the early bird deadline expires

I have decided to leave this whole thing in the lap of the Gods. Whereas I once was keen to bump my season ticket number from 2 to 4, I now couldn't give a crap. The seats I have always had will most probably get reallocated meaning I won't get to sit near my mates so what is the point in going.

Is anyone else getting the cold shoulder from the club about their season ticket renewal? Or anyone else waiting months and months like me?

Its pathetic really
I asked about the early bird thing on FB, was told the date of application would be honoured not the date of payment. Anything else from the club would be a massive case of shooting self in the foot, Danny Macklin is too smart to let that happen.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

We applied for ours on The 21st and received a call today, not sure what the fuss is about.
RealLoughtonO
Fresh Alias

Post by RealLoughtonO »

Both my St's have been renewed after getting calls from Lynsey, don't know what the fuss is.

Suppose some people would still moan if Kent or Nigel knocked on their door to take card details in person.

Hey ho......
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Our cheque was cashed around two weeks ago and then we got a receipt Emailed to us last week confirming the seat numbers and details of our purchase.
I know cheques are old fashioned and few people use them but in cases like this they work ok.
To expect one or two employees to call over 2,000 fans to take card details is archaic.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Got a call about a month ago, but didn't take the full amount (looks like only charged cossession price). Emailed Lyndsey, but no response.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Got my call 3 weeks ago.mentioned refund for Bradford game and was told ticket office would ring me.emailed club at weekend and now Danny m says I am too late for refund
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Stamford O wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:14 am Got my call 3 weeks ago.mentioned refund for Bradford game and was told ticket office would ring me.emailed club at weekend and now Danny m says I am too late for refund
:lol:

I'm still waiting to hear if my refund for last season has been added back to my account after completing that monkey survey thing.....

Fully expecting to be told they've no record of it and it's too late etc as well.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why don't the club have an online payment system this year?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I bought my season ticket a few weeks ago but still don't know when they're being sent out .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:09 pm Why don't the club have an online payment system this year?
Don't know, but I'd have thought the girl ringing around 3,200 applicants is not productive. Maybe Gilso can ask on his show?
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Here I am just three days before the season opener and I still have not renewed my season ticket

Macklin does not reply to emails sent, Lydsey has been 'looking into this' since July

I'm struggling to understand why a request first sent to the club on 27th June should remain outstanding today

If the club don't organise my season ticket renewal by Saturday, I must assume that I have become an EX-SEASON Ticket holder

As stated on July 28th: 'Its pathetic really'
Old Bloke
Fresh Alias

Post by Old Bloke »

I have a similar issue
I applied before the cut off for.the discount and have heard nothing
I was not too worried until the season started but have since used the web site and the leyton orient email address to get a response but to no avail.
There is no easy way of getting through to anyone
Yesterday a friend gave me an email which I am told is for Someone who might help but still heard nothing.
In any event there should be proper contact detail on the club site and it should not be left that only those in the know can get help.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Farcical, especially when they seem to be leaving money on the table because they have inefficient processes.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:09 pm Why don't the club have an online payment system this year?
Thats how i paid
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am Here I am just three days before the season opener and I still have not renewed my season ticket

Macklin does not reply to emails sent, Lydsey has been 'looking into this' since July

I'm struggling to understand why a request first sent to the club on 27th June should remain outstanding today

If the club don't organise my season ticket renewal by Saturday, I must assume that I have become an EX-SEASON Ticket holder

As stated on July 28th: 'Its pathetic really'
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4610&p=125926&hilit ... ed#p125926

I think you are being a tad harsh Fred !

Efforts were made by D.Macklin !!!
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Harsh?
Not really. Why would anyone have to expect to make umpteen attempts to renew their tickets???
The tickets are always paid for via my Company - LOFC send a VAT invoice and the payment is made immediately

I have received replies from the club, and including from Mr Macklin, but the fact is that this situation remains unresolved . I have waited since June 27th - so I would't say I have been overly impatient. Its now a few days until the first home match - and nothing has been done

I'm only mentioning it here as others might be experiencing the same problems

For the record, Macklin has not replied the the last two emails I send directly to him.

At this stage, with no prospect of seeing any live football (by attending games) I have become indifferent to the whole affair

It just seems awfully negligent of the club, in my opinion
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm Harsh?
Not really. Why would anyone have to expect to make umpteen attempts to renew their tickets???
The tickets are always paid for via my Company - LOFC send a VAT invoice and the payment is made immediately

I have received replies from the club, and including from Mr Macklin, but the fact is that this situation remains unresolved . I have waited since June 27th - so I would't say I have been overly impatient. Its now a few days until the first home match - and nothing has been done

I'm only mentioning it here as others might be experiencing the same problems

For the record, Macklin has not replied the the last two emails I send directly to him.

At this stage, with no prospect of seeing any live football (by attending games) I have become indifferent to the whole affair

It just seems awfully negligent of the club, in my opinion
Someone who helps to run the club made a direct effort to contact you fred &
Gave you a personal email account to do so .

The fact you clearly still have no ticket suggests you
Didnt take the opportunity presented .

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4610&p=125926&hilit ... ed#p125926
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Just to add my experience.

My 91-y-o Dad had sent in his cheque and it hadn't been cashed up to the start of last week and he was concerned about whether or not he'd actually "renewed".

I send a Direct Message on twitter to Danny Macklin (not a public tweet, just a DM)
He replied almost immediately asking for a phone number for someone to call Dad on.
Dad didn't get a phone call (or was out when it was made - answerphone is about as old as me and just as unreliable at the best of times).
However, within a day or two, the cheque had been cashed, and Mum (who does all the email stuff) received the email confirming his renewal and thanking him for doing so etc.
He got the code for the free streaming last Thursday (but, as mentioned on another thread, we've yet to actually manage to sort that out for him)

I think a little credit where it's due, DM (I just realised he has the same initials as Direct Message) nibbled the correct ear and got the whole thing sorted within a day or two.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Yeah, if the OP had put as much energy into chasing the club to sort his issue as he has into whining about it on here, his issue would’ve been solved by now
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

[quote="Apple Wumble" post_id=119507 time=1593172494 user_id=141]
Not enough BAME representation for me so not renewing mine.
Enough representation on the pitch or do you have sight issues? Otherwise your trolling is so obvious it is 3D.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

At a senior level
Old Bloke
Fresh Alias

Post by Old Bloke »

Still spikes comments that he knew how to get hold of DM shows that you need be in the know or on Twitter to get help
Those of us for whom getting on here is a real achievement cannot get hold of someone to sort out season ticket issues or other matters as the club does not give a way of contacting them to sort issues out
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Old Bloke wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm Still spikes comments that he knew how to get hold of DM shows that you need be in the know or on Twitter to get help
Those of us for whom getting on here is a real achievement cannot get hold of someone to sort out season ticket issues or other matters as the club does not give a way of contacting them to sort issues out
Fail to prepare then
Prepare to Fail