Car Written Off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Re: Car Written Off

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Glad you’re both relatively unscathed. Hope the missus hasn’t broken the finger she sticks up your ‘arris.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 pm Glad you’re both relatively unscathed. Hope the missus hasn’t broken the finger she sticks up your ‘arris.
We tend to use fruit for that game. Thanks.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

At least it gives you the opportunity to trade her up for a newer model. And get a better car as well of course.
At least no one badly hurt. It's only a car.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Glad to see both you and the Mrs G are ok and at home . The only bit of good news you had last night was probably the Os winning. Speedy recovery to you both
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Heard the shout-out from Dave in the commentary last night, hope you both recover soon.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

All the best to you both Gilso. Health first, cars and bruised driving egos can be dealt with.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Andy Gilson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:55 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm What happened Andy?
My fault I guess. Single lane through roadworks, we are all accelerating, I just glanced down at the speedo, looked up, the guy in front had stopped (he had decided to eat a sandwich in the layby opposite in the middle of the roadworks!) I cldnt stop in time, so thank goodness he wasn't hurt at all but some damage to his rear, my car Written off. As I've gone in the back of a stationary vehicle I have to take the blame I guess. Annoyed with myself, annoyed with him my wife's annoyed with me, which is worse than the guy also being annoyed at me, my insurance are annoyed with me, my wife is annoyed that our insurance premium will rise, I am annoyed that I will be reminded of this everytime she's in the bloody car with me and I accelerate over 30mph......... Apart from that everything's fine. Very sore but fine.
I often find driving very stressful, especially when I am in London/outer London etc. Drop your concentration for less than a second and an accident can occur and its not always your own fault. I have had a couple of accidents in the past like that when in a slow queue where the car in front goes forward when clear to do so, or at roundabouts, car in front goes, you glance up and nothing coming round the roundabout, you ease forward and then hit the car in front of you in the back, for some reason the driver had changed his mind and decided not to go, ahh damn ! Now I try to leave really big gaps in front of me, what with bus lanes, speed cameras, so many things to look out for. Sometimes it is better to turn of anything that may distract you, like the radio and I often tell my lady friend, to keep quiet when in situations that are tricky ( she never stops talking, so distracting at times when I am driving ! ) For myself, the shock after an accident can be awful, can put me off driving for a week or so, confidence drops ! Anyway, hope you and your wife feel better soon and that you can get another car sorted out and back on the road when you feel ready to do so. Lastly all sorts of accidents can happen anytime, its just the way of life and when it does happen, we have to try to get through it as best we can, so hope things resolve themselves and back to normal as soon as possible.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am For myself, the shock after an accident can be awful, can put me off driving for a week or so, confidence drops !
Same here, I had someone open a car door into me on a narrow side road near me last winter, in the dark and wet (I was going 20 tops, so thankfully little damage). Was quite nervous for a while going round the same streets, but you just have to get back in the saddle.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

A Pedant wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am For myself, the shock after an accident can be awful, can put me off driving for a week or so, confidence drops !
Same here, I had someone open a car door into me on a narrow side road near me last winter, in the dark and wet (I was going 20 tops, so thankfully little damage). Was quite nervous for a while going round the same streets, but you just have to get back in the saddle.
Yes after a while you as you say ''you just have to get back in the saddle.''
I had my last accident December 2016, also in the dark and wet, just getting onto a mini roundabout in a dimly lit industrial area and a car just appeared from nowhere and I swerved and just touched his bumper. He was going rather fast as he came onto the roundabout but my fault as he had the right of way. I did not claim for slight damage to my old car, but his damage came to around £500 so he claimed off my insurance and because my insurance is bonus protected, my insurance did not go up at all and I thankfully I kept my maximum no claims bonus. Still shook me up a lot though and made me nervous of driving my car for quite a few weeks after the accident, I just felt so foolish.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

You should have called in for a cup of sweet tea for the shock.where are you staying in Stamford.the George is the place to go I believe for the wealthy
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

Never tyre of Sid's yarns. Never short on detail.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Constanza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:53 pm Never tyre of Sid's yarns. Never short on detail.
if you like a comment, then you read on, if you dont, then move on to the next comment. No one forcing anyone to do anything that they do not wish to do. Just like tv programmes, if you dont like something that comes on, then switch to another channel, simple really ''Innit'' !
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

Wasn't meant to upset you Sid. I genuinely love your comments long or short xx
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Hope you are okay Andy. Your wife will forgive you in time- some nice flowers may help
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Constanza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:08 pm Wasn't meant to upset you Sid. I genuinely love your comments long or short xx
Ok no problem !
Yes I know that I am rather pedantic and my comments are often long winded and over detailed. I have been given some stick on here many times in the past for my over long comments, Its just how I am. I often used to be given many small and fiddly jobs when I worked as an engineer, jobs that involved very fine detail and where much patience was needed ! Fault finding is something I am good at and although I have been retired for ten years, I am constantly helping others with so many things, in fact my house is getting to be like a junk yard, full of stuff I am repairing or re-conditioning for friends and neighbors !
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Stamford O wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 pm You should have called in for a cup of sweet tea for the shock.where are you staying in Stamford.the George is the place to go I believe for the wealthy
We are renting a Riverside appt by the bridge. Nice town.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Above the beauty parlour.greAt position.hope all goes well with getting car sorted and up the o's
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Probably not the best idea admitting fault in a road accident and posting it on social media.

Hope all are okay though. Mr Spen might defend you in the incoming legal case.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Stamford O wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 pm Above the beauty parlour.greAt position.hope all goes well with getting car sorted and up the o's
Cheers