Farage Milkshaked

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

KerryGold
Fresh Alias

Farage Milkshaked

Post by KerryGold »

The woman sacked from her position with a Think Tank after tweeting she regretted the milkshake wasn't acid is an O's fan. I am thinking she was the person who cased out Beelzebub's joint in Mayfair when he was in charge and was called out for trespass.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... er-2892841
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: Farage Milkshaked

Post by Esteban »

Not a fan of Farage, but chucking stuff at people in the street should not be tolerated.

The fact that people are celebrating what is essentially assault is very disturbing.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Seeing Farage dunked in milkiness is absolutely fair game but pretty extreme to say you want him done in acid.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:34 am Seeing Farage dunked in milkiness is absolutely fair game but pretty extreme to say you want him done in acid.
Don’t you think that celebrating people chucking things at people in public is a bit dangerous?

I mean, where do you draw the line?

Milkshakes = fine
Rocks = bad

But where does fine and bad meet?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

She seems nuts and obviously not a Real Fan if she lives in Bristol.
KerryGold
Fresh Alias

Post by KerryGold »

Genuinely feel that that proper debate has left the building and replaced by histrionics and meaningless six word soundbites. Engage with the Farage and others and highlight the flaws in their arguments. One day soon a politician will be acid attacked. Far right Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn was milkshaked months before he was shot dead in 2002.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

You complain about histrionics then equate milkshaking with assassination? Stop, stop... irony's already dead.

I don't remember our own - very recently - murdered MP Jo Cox being gunged as a pre-requisite.

The false equivalences being trotted out from those on the right - and centrists - is astonishing.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:36 am
Milkshakes = fine
Rocks = bad

At the point a harmless substance becomes not harmless? This seems a pretty easy distinction to make.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Should have bin full of rubbish, that would have been more appropriate!
KerryGold
Fresh Alias

Post by KerryGold »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am You complain about histrionics then equate milkshaking with assassination? Stop, stop... irony's already dead.

I don't remember our own - very recently - murdered MP Jo Cox being gunged as a pre-requisite.

The false equivalences being trotted out from those on the right - and centrists - is astonishing.
Didn't say it is a prerequisite, but replacing rigorous intelligent debate with attacks of aggression has a certain dynamic, No? Where is the false equivalence between Farage being milkshaked and individual regretting it wasn't Acid. Creates a climate where aggression is seen as a viable alternative.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Could be allergic to dairy.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:58 am
Milkshakes = fine
Rocks = bad

At the point a harmless substance becomes not harmless? This seems a pretty easy distinction to make.
This seems quite a sensible position to take. If the recipient is hurt = bad, if the recipient is just humiliated = fine.

No-one seemed to be this upset when the lad charged up to Corbyn in a mosque and essentially punched him with an egg in his hand - but maybe that's because Corbyn didn't go on and on crying about it and hiding in a bus.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am You complain about histrionics then equate milkshaking with assassination? Stop, stop... irony's already dead.

I did not claim it was "assassination". I said it was assault. Suggesting that chucking something at someone is assault it not exactly a wild statement.

You complain about me then blurt out false exaggerations about what I say. And you're supposed to be an admin, yet here you are openly lying about what another boarder has said.

I suspect you're just upset with me for questioning your lax attitude towards bigotry on a board which you monitor.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Errr..... isn’t PJ’s post in response to Kerrygold?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Clearly. But that doesn't fit with this bizarre victimisation narrative.

Not really upset by your bad take on the islamophobia thread either. I've explained my rationale in as open a way as possible and I'm preeeeeeeeety comfortable with my stance.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Milkshaking is fine. Acid not so good but I'm sure the person who lost her job was just WUMing.

But let's not forget that street violence is a much used tactic of the fascists and we must be ready to smash them by any means necessary.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:38 am Clearly. But that doesn't fit with this bizarre victimisation narrative.

Not really upset by your bad take on the islamophobia thread either. I've explained my rationale in as open a way as possible and I'm preeeeeeeeety comfortable with my stance.
Your stance means that a Leyton Orient message board is becoming a safe haven for casual bigotry. Not a very cool look if you ask me.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

As said elsewhere, we'll take action when we see some, just when the self appointed Islamophobia Tsar has a loose interpretation of something.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Sums up most left and right politics atm, pathetic.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:58 am
Milkshakes = fine
Rocks = bad

What if he was lactose intolerant? You did think of that did you, you assault sympathiser
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 am As said elsewhere, we'll take action when we see some, just when the self appointed Islamophobia Tsar has a loose interpretation of something.
You could chuck a harmless substance at somebody and still do some serious damage. Somebody could chuck a "harmless" milkshake which then causes the victim to slip and crack their head on the curb.

I was always taught that chucking anything at anybody is generally a bad thing to do. Rather shocked to see that this is general consensus.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Milkshaking isn't fine and could lead to retaliation.It's also assault, bullying and just plain nastiness.
KerryGold
Fresh Alias

Post by KerryGold »

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

It’s not really about if it’s harmless or not. The fact is, people are throwing stuff at people because they simply disagree with them. Bizarro world atm.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:04 pm It’s not really about if it’s harmless or not. The fact is, people are throwing stuff at people because they simply disagree with them. Bizarro world atm.
It's not it's just full of stupid morons who don't know any better.