Team of the Decade

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Team of the Decade

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

OyinbO wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:04 pm Can't believe you didn't include Embleton AW. Shame on you. Where's your positivity?
He’s in the running for u12 coach of the decade, for sure
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:27 pm Clarke ahead of Baudry is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on this message board in some time. Aside from that. Good choices. Nice read.
Maybe they don’t want to gift the opposition a goal scoring chance every game?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:38 pm Enjoyable feature in the latest Orienteer about the team of the decade. So on the eve of the first start to a season this decade (dont at me on definition of a decade), who's in your team, favourite player (doesn't have to be the best), worst player, player of the decade, manager of the decade, most improved whilst at Orient.

Team of the Decade

GK - Jackapovic - the long haired beauty was inspiring in very little games. Missed him when he went. Class act.

RB - Cuthbert - Not a RB by trade but was fantastic in that season. Dont think he lost a header all year.
CB - Clarke - Brilliant captain. Great positional sense and always came out on top in the crucial moments.
CB - Mkandawire - Class player. Played in some bang average teams but had pace, could pass, head and scored a fair amount of goals for a CB.
LB - Daniels - Bit of a revelation after being a bit meh at left mid in his first spell. Was a joy to watch with coxy for a few years.

RM - Odubajo - lightening pace, could score and one of our youth products.
CM - Dawson - Still running on every blade of grass at Brisbane Road when we aren't playing. So much energy, fight and drive. If only we had someone like him now.
CM - Vincelot - Tough one as this midfield hasn't got tons of flair but couldn't leave him out. The beard, the accent, ahhh. A fighter and a winner. Loved him.
LM - Cox - Who else? Mr. Orient. A ridiculous amount of assists. Turned down moves away. Was the best winger in League one for about 4 years running.

ST - Lisbie - Even at his age he was a class act. His touch was amazing, he could hold the ball up like no one ive ever seen in an Orient shirt and he didnt stop scoring in the first few months of the 2013/14 season.
ST - McGleish - Bit of an old forward line but loved Scottie in all of his seasons with us. In 2010/11 it was probably his best. I miss him leaping like a salmon.

Bench:
Jones
Baudry
Coulson
Chambers
McAnuff (second spell)
Bonne
Mooney (first spell)

Favourite Player - Cox
Best Player - Cox
Worst Player - f*** me, too many to choose - Calvin Andrew - Never seen a loan player try less to impress at a new club.
Most improved - Mooney (thought he was one of the worst strikers we've ever had until 2013/14)
Best Manager - Slade (sorry)
I’d put Bonne in McGleish but otherwise yeah, I’d go the same.

No Coulson on the bench Either, sorry.
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

I'm surprised to see Adam Chambers get a couple of mentions.
I thought he was a good tackler but his lack of goals let him down. I was surprised to see he even scored 10 in 195 games.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Tom Chance wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:16 pm I'm surprised to see Adam Chambers get a couple of mentions.
I thought he was a good tackler but his lack of goals let him down. I was surprised to see he even scored 10 in 195 games.
He complimented Thornton well. Good tackler and would clean up allowing Thornton to do what he wanted
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Might give Kane a go as well, thinking about it.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

KC & sunshine band wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:00 pm John Jacksom - stonewall Mr reliable hands like shovels. made save that brought you out of your seat

Phil Hoadley - Even if it was just for the goal against Chelsea, great player
Henry Mancini - what a centre half, dont come back from many of them tackles
Peter Bennet - underrated great tackler - man to man marker - hard player
Dennis Rofe - run up and down the line forever, good crossed of the ball, not many got past Rofe

Barrie Fairbrother - constant menace with pace and tricks
Peter Allen - One of me big favourites. Every time I see him I mention that goal against Luton, what a player
Paddy Grealish - Bundle of hassling energy. Would bustle and hustle and make it look easy
Barry Dyson - tackle, run and scored some smashing goals

Peter Kitchen - Goals Goal and Goals - gentleman
Micky Bullock - Led the line like a war horse - great header of the ball Like an immovable boulder

Manager George Petchey
Asst manager John Gorman
Coach Peter Angell

Bench
Ray Goddard
Joe Mayo
Lee Steele
Carl Griffiths
Bill Roffey
Laurie Cunningham
Ian Bowyer

up the OS
Laurie Cunningham, one of our greatest players on the bench!!
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

GK JAKOPOVIC

RB ODUBAJO
LB DANIELS
CB MAKANDAWIRE
CB EKPITETA

RM MCANUFF
CM VINCELOT
CM DAWSON
LM COX

ST SIMPSON
ST BONNE

BENCH

CISAK
CUTHBERT
BAUDRY
MOONEY
LISBIE
KOROMA
CHAMBERS

FAVOURITE PLAYER. ADAM CHAMBERS
BEST PLAYER. DEAN COX
MOST IMPROVED. JOBI
BEST MANAGER. JUSTIN EDINBURGH
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Jakupovic (International Standard)

Daniels (with Cox provided more assists or something than any other team or combination in Europe)
Clarke (immense leadership skills)
Mkandiwire (Classy footballer)
Odubajo (a revelation and one of our own)

Cox (Mr Orient, a player who made better players out of those around him)
Dawson (could really drag the team through thick and thin)
Vincelot (warrior, the type of player you always hate to play against, Ebou Adams x10)
M'Poku (International Standard again. Still watch those Droylsden highlights for giggles)

Lisbie (really grew into the O's and brought the best out of players around him)
Bonne (to score 25+ goals for two seasons is fantastic whatever level)

Jones
Coulson
Jobi
Chambers
Thornton
Koroma
Mooney

Favourite player - Vincelot
Worst Player - Loads during THAT period, maybe Robbie Weir
Player of the Decade - Cox. What a spell he had for us.
Manager of the Decade - Slade ( worked on a relative shoestring and nearly got is over the line)
Most improved? Tough one this is, I'd go with Odubajo, from his debut worldie Vs Rochdale on the last game of one season, to being the final piece of the jigsaw in the next season is impressive and goes to show how much luck (for Slade, Orient and Moses) plays in the game.

In a sliding doors type moment, Slade could have signed a crap right back, Moses gets lost in the reserves, Orient struggle and Slade gets the sack.

It's funny sometimes when it all just comes together.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

GK: Shwan Jalal
DR: Jens Janse
DL: Andrea Dossena
DC: Jean-Yves M’voto
DC: Connor Essam
MR: George Porter
MC: Jack Payne
MC: Bradley Pritchard
ML: Jonny Gorman
FC: Gianvito Plasmati
FC: Darius Henderson

Subs: Adam Legdzins, Myles Judd, Teddy Mezague, Marvin Bartley, Shaun Batt, Michael Symes, Yohan Lasimant

Manager: Mad Frank
GK Coach: Rob Gagliardi