Rules of this message board

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Esteban
Fresh Alias

Rules of this message board

Post by Esteban »

Some very odd rules in force on here. So that everybody is clear and there is no confusion, here's what I've gathered so far.

Things that ARE allowed (on a Leyton Orient message board):

Constantly posting negative things about Leyton Orient and fans of the club
Telling other members of the board to "f*ck off"
Calling other members of the board a "t*t" because they bore you
Casual Islamophobia (providing that it's not so blatant that the admins are able to wave it away as innocuous)
Suggesting that Islamophobia isn't a bad thing
Falsely accusing other members of serious crimes such as stalking
Abusing Leyton Orient fans for getting a bit too carried away during celebrations for winning the league

Things that ARE NOT allowed (on a Leyton Orient message board):

Defending Leyton Orient and fans of the club against members who constantly post negative things about Leyton Orient and fans of the club
Suggesting that divisive comments about Islam are Islamophobia
Warning members that they may have accidentally exposed personal information in a post (as a matter of fact, you'll get accused of being the one doing the exposing)
Last edited by Esteban on Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Rules of this message board

Post by Thor »

You are defo on a crusade here Esteban.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Thor wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:20 am You are defo on a crusade here Esteban.
No, I'm just looking out for others, making sure they don't make the same mistakes I have.

Unfortunately I had some preconceived ideas about what the rules of a Leyton Orient message board would be (e.g. being allowed to defend the club against persistent negativity and a stronger stance on casual bigotry), however I was very wrong.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

:roll:
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Warning members that they may have accidentally exposed personal information in a post (as a matter of fact, you'll get accused of being the one doing the exposing)
Is this the story you're going with? It was obvious you were posting stuff about spen to get at him.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

TL;dr

Noticeable that you're still whingeing on about the 'islamophobic' post despite both mods fairly patiently explaining why they disagree with you. Rather than engage with that properly there, you create another thread about it. Interesting.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:49 am
Is this the story you're going with? It was obvious you were posting stuff about spen to get at him.
Be fair Cacs, it was only Spen's name he posted. Easily done by accident.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

admin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:49 am
Be fair Cacs, it was only Spen's name he posted. Easily done by accident.
Your persistent attempt to suggest that I went out of my way to expose information about another member really is disgusting. You continuously fail to mention the fact that the member in question had revealed the exact same info on the very same thread.

It is becoming very clear that the admins on this board don't like it when members question their grip of what goes on here. Very sad state of affairs. This is supposed to be a Leyton Orient message board but the admins seem far more worried about promoting threads which have a pop at Islam.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oh do wind your neck in. You made a post that asked Spen if he was “******* *********”. That doesn’t happen by accident.

Spen reported that post to me and I deleted it. Now do me a favour and go rattle your tambourine elsewhere as you’re seriously becoming boring.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

admin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:34 am Oh do wind your neck in. You made a post that asked Spen if he was “******* *********”. That doesn’t happen by accident.

Spen reported that post to me and I deleted it. Now do me a favour and go rattle your tambourine elsewhere as you’re seriously becoming boring.
Boring is an understatement. Get rid.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

admin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:34 am Oh do wind your neck in. You made a post that asked Spen if he was “******* *********”. That doesn’t happen by accident.

Spen posted a link to a page which had a name on it. I actually didn't know (and still don't) if that was his name. It may well not have been. I asked him if it was because I thought he may have not realised what he'd done. Notice how I said "Is your name..." rather than "your name is..". I wasn't making a statement that it was his name. So your continued attempts to suggest that I purposely exposed his name are both false and unfair.

Obviously, as admins of this board, you only like people who refuse to question you and happily accept your flimsy definition of what does or doesn't constitute bigotry, or at the very least, the perpetuation and normalisation of it.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

'Promoting threads which have a pop at Islam'.

Sounds a bit libellous to me.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Esteban just thinks he’s a billy big bollox cos he was the 3456th person to invade the pitch😂😂
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am

Spen posted a link to a page which had a name on it. I actually didn't know (and still don't) if that was his name. It may well not have been. I asked him if it was because I thought he may have not realised what he'd done. Notice how I said "Is your name..." rather than "your name is..". I wasn't making a statement that it was his name. So your continued attempts to suggest that I purposely exposed his name are both false and unfair.

Obviously, as admins of this board, you only like people who refuse to question you and happily accept your flimsy definition of what does or doesn't constitute bigotry, or at the very least, the perpetuation and normalisation of it.
But by asking whether it was his name was clearly an attempt to put his name out there. Don’t know I’m going over this as you clearly knew what you were doing. As I said to you in my PM you could’ve asked him via the PM function - odd you apologised for all this at the time.....

Regardless I’m not wasting any more time on this. Both PJ and I have answered your ridiculous allegation elsewhere. Please go and spend your time more positively, preferably elsewhere.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am 'Promoting threads which have a pop at Islam'.

Then sue me. I've already shown two examples (the comment I complained about, and the "Muslims V LGBT" thread) to people not on this board and they agree with me.

The problem is, the silo effect really is prevalent on messages boards like this. Where anybody who questions the general sentiment of the board is ostracized and singled out, even by admins. There are already members calling to "get rid" of me just because they don't like what I'm saying.

Really sad that a message board which is supposed to be about Leyton Orient is slowly becoming a refuge for thinly veiled bigotry. What a wasted opportunity this board has become.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

admin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am
Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am

But by asking whether it was his name was clearly an attempt to put his name out there. Don’t know I’m going over this as you clearly knew what you were doing. As I said to you in my PM you could’ve asked him via the PM function - odd you apologised for all this at the time.....

Regardless I’m not wasting any more time on this. Both PJ and I have answered your ridiculous allegation elsewhere. Please go and spend your time more positively, preferably elsewhere.
Once again your attempt to misrepresent the situation really is shocking. I DID apologise for doing it and DID admit that asking him via PM would have been a better option.

However, what I DIDN'T DO, which you appear to be suggesting, is admit that I purposely tried to expose his name. I didn't.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am 'Promoting threads which have a pop at Islam'.

Then sue me. I've already shown two examples (the comment I complained about, and the "Muslims V LGBT" thread) to people not on this board and they agree with me.

The problem is, the silo effect really is prevalent on messages boards like this. Where anybody who questions the general sentiment of the board is ostracized and singled out, even by admins. There are already members calling to "get rid" of me just because they don't like what I'm saying.

Really sad that a message board which is supposed to be about Leyton Orient is slowly becoming a refuge for thinly veiled bigotry. What a wasted opportunity this board has become.
Im not bothered about the content of your posts you have the right to say what you like. But you are fast becoming an obsessive boring little tit. You used to be cool.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Stop being whingaphobic or i will have to report you😂😂
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:31 am
Your persistent attempt to suggest that I went out of my way to expose information about another member really is disgusting. You continuously fail to mention the fact that the member in question had revealed the exact same info on the very same thread.

It is becoming very clear that the admins on this board don't like it when members question their grip of what goes on here. Very sad state of affairs. This is supposed to be a Leyton Orient message board but the admins seem far more worried about promoting threads which have a pop at Islam.
It's interesting that you are 'disgusted' that you are being persistently attacked on a subject that you deny whilst doing the same on a post that you have taken out of context and are pursuing as being Islamophobic despite a number of posters stating that they believe this not to be the case.

Seems that you are skating on very thin ice there fella.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:49 am

Im not bothered about the content of your posts you have the right to say what you like. But you are fast becoming an obsessive boring little got. You used to be cool.
I'm sorry that my posts bore you. You could ignore them.

For the record, I have no problem with you at all, and you're welcome to your opinion about me. You're not an admin so I don't hold you responsible for what goes on here. However, calling for me to be banned because you don't like what I say is a bit much. I'm never abusive to anybody on here.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Ornchurch wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am

It's interesting that you are 'disgusted' that you are being persistently attacked on a subject that you deny whilst doing the same on a post that you have taken out of context and are pursuing as being Islamophobic despite a number of posters stating that they believe this not to be the case.

Just because the admins on this board decide that something isn't Islamphobic, doesn't mean that it isn't. I've explained clearly how it was and nobody seems to have come back to me with a single explanation as to how I was wrong. Just saying "I don't think it is" isn't a suitable answer. If you can demonstrate to me how your "it's one rule for THEM, another rule for US" style comment isn't divisive then I'm all ears.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

And other people have agreed that they do not feel that it is Islamophobic.
What's your point?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I don't plan on suing you as I don't want to take your money. Just highlighting the hypocrisy of your complaints about unfounded allegations.

You clearly love the attention so as FTC has said, I'm going to draw a line under this now. You don't have any real interest in debating or discussing anything as you've notably failed to respond to reasoned replies to your complaints and just rehashed your original, flawed, claims and hidden behind 'you just don't like being questioned!' which is clearly untrue. You're like a rabid Brexit voter, high on slogans, bad faith arguments, 'sticking it to authority' and woe is me mentality, low on self awareness and desire for genuine talking points.

Have a good day.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am
Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:49 am

Im not bothered about the content of your posts you have the right to say what you like. But you are fast becoming an obsessive boring little got. You used to be cool.
I'm sorry that my posts bore you. You could ignore them.

For the record, I have no problem with you at all, and you're welcome to your opinion about me. You're not an admin so I don't hold you responsible for what goes on here. However, calling for me to be banned because you don't like what I say is a bit much. I'm never abusive to anybody on here.
Mate calling for a ban is what I do. It's part of my schtick. It fits with my far left authoritarianism ascribed to me by the rightists on here but of course the opposite is true. It was a joke pal.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:53 am
Ornchurch wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am

Just because the admins on this board decide that something isn't Islamphobic, doesn't mean that it isn't. I've explained clearly how it was and nobody seems to have come back to me with a single explanation as to how I was wrong. Just saying "I don't think it is" isn't a suitable answer. If you can demonstrate to me how your "it's one rule for THEM, another rule for US" style comment isn't divisive then I'm all ears.
FFS! Not another boring post.