Nurse offered bible to Cancer patient.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: Nurse offered bible to Cancer patient.

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 am
Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:56 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:13 am Don't remember ever hearing of anyone being sacked for spouting Islamic stuff, yet seems to happen to Christians fairly often. So does the guy have a point or is there another explanation?

I’ve never heard of anyone getting sacked for promoting Sikhism either.
Or Judaism.

So what’s your point?

Ever wondered why Islam is the go to example for people like you?

The original topic has absolutely nothing to do with Islam and yet here you are supporting the “but Muslims get away with it” narrative. But let me guess, that’s not remotely Islamophobic.
Not making a point, just trying to give you an explanation for Ornchurch's post.

Anyway, should people not be allowed to be 'Islamophobic'?
Of course not. The fact that you have to even ask that question confirms a few things I suspected about you.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Perhaps I worded that badly. I think its a term invented to stop any criticism. I think people should be free to have an opinion on all the religions, even if that involves ridicule.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 am Perhaps I worded that badly. I think its a term invented to stop any criticism. I think people should be free to have an opinion on all the religions, even if that involves ridicule.
That's fair enough. All religions are open to criticism.

But there's a big difference between questioning a religion and perpetrating the divisive narrative of "it's one rule for THEM and another for US".

The second one is what drives hatred and division. And by failing to recognise it as such (as the admins on this board fail to do), simply perpetuates hatred and division.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Esteban wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:08 pm
admin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm Happy to confirm Ornchurchs post not considered Islamophobic. Not very funny definitely and a bit needless but if I made unfunny / needless a banning offence......

Likewise happy for you to explain to me exactly how it is islamophobic though.
I explained how it is on a previous response. It’s blatantly a “one rule for them, different rule for us” remark which is intentionally divisive.

As mentioned, you don’t have to be throwing slurs around to be expressing bigotry.

Ultimately it’s your message board and you can permit what you want.

Would you be so comfortable if I made a similar comment about the Jewish community?
It's not the Mods message board it's ours, they just worked between themselves to be mods so that they can lord it over us, left wing sandles wearing PC's
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:55 am Not really sure why Esteban's willing to die on a hill for a really bad take, but that's his look out. FWIW I don't think that post is islamophobic.

Whilst he claims not to have been on the old board, if that's true, hopefully others will verify that FTC, myself and the other one, dished out a fair few bannings for inappropriate posts, whether they were considered islamophobic, homophobic etc. Plenty of Boarders would say it was too many. People often throw in thinly veiled bigotry and hide behind the 'its just bantz' defence, which personally I have no time for, be it on here, Twitter or IRL. That being said, it IS still possible to use satire and humour to discuss controversial topics and thorny issues. In this post's case, while not speaking for ornhurch, I believe the post is satire. As demonstrated - and discussed elsewhere on the thread - some on the left are less quick to criticise other religions or cultures for fear of being called racist and thus tie themselves up in knots. Hence, if she'd used the Koran, there may have been less outrage from some quarters on the left (obviously not from Mail readers, who would have combusted) than for this case and the 'easy' target of Christianity. Again, for the record, I think all religions are pretty absurd and all worthy of equal criticism, Christianity - and of course individual Christians - regularly claim they're being unfairly picked on, which is BS.

Islamophobia is a hatred or fear of Islam. This post doesn't display that, imho. Ones that do, will be subject to the wrath of the Admin Dictatorship.
So now we have the answer your an atheist, spouting your own agenda
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Put a bit of effort in at least.