Team of the Decade

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Team of the Decade

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Enjoyable feature in the latest Orienteer about the team of the decade. So on the eve of the first start to a season this decade (dont at me on definition of a decade), who's in your team, favourite player (doesn't have to be the best), worst player, player of the decade, manager of the decade, most improved whilst at Orient.

Team of the Decade

GK - Jackapovic - the long haired beauty was inspiring in very little games. Missed him when he went. Class act.

RB - Cuthbert - Not a RB by trade but was fantastic in that season. Dont think he lost a header all year.
CB - Clarke - Brilliant captain. Great positional sense and always came out on top in the crucial moments.
CB - Mkandawire - Class player. Played in some bang average teams but had pace, could pass, head and scored a fair amount of goals for a CB.
LB - Daniels - Bit of a revelation after being a bit meh at left mid in his first spell. Was a joy to watch with coxy for a few years.

RM - Odubajo - lightening pace, could score and one of our youth products.
CM - Dawson - Still running on every blade of grass at Brisbane Road when we aren't playing. So much energy, fight and drive. If only we had someone like him now.
CM - Vincelot - Tough one as this midfield hasn't got tons of flair but couldn't leave him out. The beard, the accent, ahhh. A fighter and a winner. Loved him.
LM - Cox - Who else? Mr. Orient. A ridiculous amount of assists. Turned down moves away. Was the best winger in League one for about 4 years running.

ST - Lisbie - Even at his age he was a class act. His touch was amazing, he could hold the ball up like no one ive ever seen in an Orient shirt and he didnt stop scoring in the first few months of the 2013/14 season.
ST - McGleish - Bit of an old forward line but loved Scottie in all of his seasons with us. In 2010/11 it was probably his best. I miss him leaping like a salmon.

Bench:
Jones
Baudry
Coulson
Chambers
McAnuff (second spell)
Bonne
Mooney (first spell)

Favourite Player - Cox
Best Player - Cox
Worst Player - f*** me, too many to choose - Calvin Andrew - Never seen a loan player try less to impress at a new club.
Most improved - Mooney (thought he was one of the worst strikers we've ever had until 2013/14)
Best Manager - Slade (sorry)
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Team of the Decade

Post by KC & sunshine band »

John Jacksom - stonewall Mr reliable hands like shovels. made save that brought you out of your seat

Phil Hoadley - Even if it was just for the goal against Chelsea, great player
Henry Mancini - what a centre half, dont come back from many of them tackles
Peter Bennet - underrated great tackler - man to man marker - hard player
Dennis Rofe - run up and down the line forever, good crossed of the ball, not many got past Rofe

Barrie Fairbrother - constant menace with pace and tricks
Peter Allen - One of me big favourites. Every time I see him I mention that goal against Luton, what a player
Paddy Grealish - Bundle of hassling energy. Would bustle and hustle and make it look easy
Barry Dyson - tackle, run and scored some smashing goals

Peter Kitchen - Goals Goal and Goals - gentleman
Micky Bullock - Led the line like a war horse - great header of the ball Like an immovable boulder

Manager George Petchey
Asst manager John Gorman
Coach Peter Angell

Bench
Ray Goddard
Joe Mayo
Lee Steele
Carl Griffiths
Bill Roffey
Laurie Cunningham
Ian Bowyer

up the OS
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Should have explained decade, shouldn't i? ;)
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

KC & sunshine band wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:00 pm John Jacksom - stonewall Mr reliable hands like shovels. made save that brought you out of your seat

Phil Hoadley - Even if it was just for the goal against Chelsea, great player
Henry Mancini - what a centre half, dont come back from many of them tackles
Peter Bennet - underrated great tackler - man to man marker - hard player
Dennis Rofe - run up and down the line forever, good crossed of the ball, not many got past Rofe

Barrie Fairbrother - constant menace with pace and tricks
Peter Allen - One of me big favourites. Every time I see him I mention that goal against Luton, what a player
Paddy Grealish - Bundle of hassling energy. Would bustle and hustle and make it look easy
Barry Dyson - tackle, run and scored some smashing goals

Peter Kitchen - Goals Goal and Goals - gentleman
Micky Bullock - Led the line like a war horse - great header of the ball Like an immovable boulder

Manager George Petchey
Asst manager John Gorman
Coach Peter Angell

Bench
Ray Goddard
Joe Mayo
Lee Steele
Carl Griffiths
Bill Roffey
Laurie Cunningham
Ian Bowyer

up the OS
Do you know what a decade is?
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

:lol: :lol: yep 10 years you cant trick me
and somewhere in some 10 years , in some decade they all played for the Os
Brilliant team aint it
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Good picks Apple Wumble
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:38 pm Enjoyable feature in the latest Orienteer about the team of the decade. So on the eve of the first start to a season this decade (dont at me on definition of a decade), who's in your team, favourite player (doesn't have to be the best), worst player, player of the decade, manager of the decade, most improved whilst at Orient.

Team of the Decade

GK - Jackapovic - the long haired beauty was inspiring in very little games. Missed him when he went. Class act.

RB - Cuthbert - Not a RB by trade but was fantastic in that season. Dont think he lost a header all year.
CB - Clarke - Brilliant captain. Great positional sense and always came out on top in the crucial moments.
CB - Mkandawire - Class player. Played in some bang average teams but had pace, could pass, head and scored a fair amount of goals for a CB.
LB - Daniels - Bit of a revelation after being a bit meh at left mid in his first spell. Was a joy to watch with coxy for a few years.

CM - Dawson - Still running on every blade of grass at Brisbane Road when we aren't playing. So much energy, fight and drive. If only we had someone like him now.
CM - Vincelot - Tough one as this midfield hasn't got tons of flair but couldn't leave him out. The beard, the accent, ahhh. A fighter and a winner. Loved him.
LM - Cox - Who else? Mr. Orient. A ridiculous amount of assists. Turned down moves away. Was the best winger in League one for about 4 years running.

ST - Lisbie - Even at his age he was a class act. His touch was amazing, he could hold the ball up like no one ive ever seen in an Orient shirt and he didnt stop scoring in the first few months of the 2013/14 season.
ST - McGleish - Bit of an old forward line but loved Scottie in all of his seasons with us. In 2010/11 it was probably his best. I miss him leaping like a salmon.

Bench:
Jones
Baudry
Coulson
Chambers
McAnuff (second spell)
Bonne
Mooney (first spell)

Favourite Player - Cox
Best Player - Cox
Worst Player - f*** me, too many to choose - Calvin Andrew - Never seen a loan player try less to impress at a new club.
Most improved - Mooney (thought he was one of the worst strikers we've ever had until 2013/14)
Great team AW but when did Tammy leave the O’s, thought it was pre-2010??? Also, can’t remember where he went , was it abroad? Memory is playing me up in my middle age 😳
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Imagine putting Clarke ahead of Baudry :D
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

kokomO wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:37 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:38 pm Enjoyable feature in the latest Orienteer about the team of the decade. So on the eve of the first start to a season this decade (dont at me on definition of a decade), who's in your team, favourite player (doesn't have to be the best), worst player, player of the decade, manager of the decade, most improved whilst at Orient.

Team of the Decade

Bench:
Jones
Baudry
Coulson
Chambers
McAnuff (second spell)
Bonne
Mooney (first spell)

Favourite Player - Cox
Best Player - Cox
Great team AW but when did Tammy leave the O’s, thought it was pre-2010??? Also, can’t remember where he went , was it abroad? Memory is playing me up in my middle age 😳
Let em come Let em Come Let em come
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Team of the Decade

Bench:
Jones
Baudry
Coulson
Chambers
McAnuff (second spell)
Bonne
Mooney (first spell)

Favourite Player - Cox
Best Player - Cox
Let em come Let em Come Let em come
That’s right Millwall , cheers Tuff. 👍 Didnt he end up in America..????
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Team of the Decade

Bench:
Jones
Baudry
Coulson
Chambers
McAnuff (second spell)
Bonne
Mooney (first spell)

Favourite Player - Cox
Best Player - Cox
Think he left in 2010 or 2011. Went to Millwall after us from memory and ended his career at the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:41 pm Imagine putting Clarke ahead of Baudry :D
Tough one. Baudry probably the better player but think Clarkes captaincy in 2013/14 was one of the reasons the team was so good and so close.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thornton just missed out because he spent most of 2010 2 stone overweight and left in May. But i think THAT Norwich game was that year so had a shout.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

GK - Jakupovic

WBR - Odubajo
WBL- Daniels
CB - Baudry
CB - Clarke

RM - McAnuff
CM - Thornton
CM - Vincelot
LM - Cox

CF - Lisbie
CF - Bonne

Dawson, McGleish, Alzate, Simpson, Mkandawire, Chambers, Cuthbert, Morris

Favourite - Thornton
Worst - Pires
Decade - Cox
Manager - Slade
Most Improved - Daniels probably. Went from mmeh at League One to outstanding at League One to Premier League regular.

**Been a touch liberal in my positioning above!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Only player id probably swap would be Dawson
Likeable enough but nah not for me in a Decade team
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:03 pm Only player id probably swap would be Dawson
For Ling? ;)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:04 pm Should have explained decade, shouldn't i? ;)
To be fair we lost 2 years of the decade
🇮🇹
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

I'd have M'Poku in that original team instead of Cuthbert and shift Odubajo to right back. Or are loanees ineligible?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:07 pm I'd have M'Poku in that original team instead of Cuthbert and shift Odubajo to right back. Or are loanees ineligible?
if they pulled on the shirt go for it.

Tempted to throw in Tehoue just for one goal but thought it was over the top.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:07 pm I'd have M'Poku in that original team instead of Cuthbert and shift Odubajo to right back. Or are loanees ineligible?
if they pulled on the shirt go for it.

Tempted to throw in Tehoue just for one goal but thought it was over the top.
It was, by Tom Carroll.

Who nearly made mine. What a player.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:04 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:03 pm Only player id probably swap would be Dawson
For Ling? ;)
God No .

Probably between James & Thornton .

Although if youve put Juka in
Ill plumb for Lundisfarm (sheff u & R#ng*rs target ( 😝😝) wheres the soap ) however you spell his name

😁

Actually scrap that
After the 🇮🇹

Jobi for leading us back from the brink
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

GK: Jakupovic

RB: Odubajo
CB: Baudry
CB: Mkandawire
LB: Daniels

RM: McAnuff
CM: Thornton
CM: Chambers
LM: Cox

ST: Lisbie
ST: Bonne

Subs: Cuthbert, Dawson, Vincelot, M'Poku, Jay Simpson, McGleish, Mooney

Which centre mid partners Thornton is basically down to the mood I'm in, as is which striker partners Lisbie.

Favourite Player - Depends on my mood; Baudry, Mkandawire, Cox or Lisbie.
Best Player - Mkandawire, convinced if he didn't crock himself at Millwall he'd have played Premier League football.
Worst Player - Probably recency bias combined with the Soccer AM video, but James Alabi.
Most improved - With us, Daniels. Without us, Kane.
Best Manager - Slade
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Can't believe you didn't include Embleton AW. Shame on you. Where's your positivity?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Clarke ahead of Baudry is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on this message board in some time. Aside from that. Good choices. Nice read.
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

#fuming.