Should ST holders get a refund?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Should ST holders get a refund?

Yes
11%
No
73%
Partial
16%

Total votes: 64

y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Should ST holders get a refund?

Post by y o y o y »

Infradex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:52 pm Got 4 ST's for myself and sons but obviously will only need 1 streaming pass.

Obviously I knew of Covid issues on renewal but do feel a little out of pocket.Happy for club to get the money but perhaps something can be done for multiple family ST holders in 2021/22 ? Perhaps a free limited edition kit ?
Yes I can see that a thank you from the board is nice but not really enough for what you have laid out. Get your 3 sons to pass their unused access codes onto their non Orient supporting mates.

One kit between 3 boys ..good luck with that!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

For all those bleating, here are the terms and conditions you signed up to. Terms and conditions that were made crystal clear given the seriousness of no refunds, and the likelihood of games going ahead behind closed doors.

You knew this at the time. You made your choice to renew. You’ve taken the thanks and understandable gratitude from the club for committing. Now please, wind your necks in.

Games Played Behind Closed Doors

Should any games be designated by either Government or Football Authorities to be played behind closed doors the Club will offer the ability to watch the game via its streaming service to all Season Card Holders in lieu of gaining entry to the Stadium for home league matches.
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:26 pm Absolutely not.

You’d have to be a total bellend to expect a refund when the circumstances were made explicitly clear at the time of booking.
This 100%
I renewed my season ticket this year in the full knowledge that I may not be able to actually attend in person.
I'm lucky that I can afford to do that but I knew I could afford it when I made the decision and I wanted to help the club I've supported for over 50 years.
Plenty of other clubs will be struggling this year and I'd prefer to have a club to support when this is all over.

Totally respect those who could not afford to do what I did but if I end up losing out, then so be it.
Actually as someone else pointed out, I'm still saving a fortune as I live 50 miles away so spend far more on transport/food/drink etc. than match tickets.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

How can anyone say no? This fan base need psychotherapy
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:37 pm How can anyone say no? This fan base need psychotherapy
Because quite clearly a refund shouldn’t be given. As was made perfectly clear it wouldn’t be at the time people renewed. PERFECTLY CLEAR!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 pm For all those bleating, here are the terms and conditions you signed up to. Terms and conditions that were made crystal clear given the seriousness of no refunds, and the likelihood of games going ahead behind closed doors.

You knew this at the time. You made your choice to renew. You’ve taken the thanks and understandable gratitude from the club for committing. Now please, wind your necks in.

Should any games be designated by either Government or Football Authorities to be played behind closed doors the Club will offer the ability to watch the game via its streaming service to all Season Card Holders in lieu of gaining entry to the Stadium for home league matches.
While at the same time telling us they hope to let fans in during October.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:03 pm
y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 pm

So what were the reasons given for not allowing free viewing of away games via internet streaming to be given to season ticket holders for when they are unable to attend home games due to virus restrictions on spectator attendances.
Here

What part of this video are they talking about the subject we are discussing, e.g free streaming of away matches for season ticket holders during the Covid 19 crisis.
The gist of not allowing free away games went to a vote for clubs. Orient wanted ST holders to get away games as part of the deal but were outvoted by the number of clubs who wanted games to be charged. The fee was fixed too. The club tried but the majority won the day.

Personally though it would be nice, if I pay fo away games so be it. £10 to view a game live is good value in my opinion. I’d be happy for that to continue going forward.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 pm
RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 pm For all those bleating, here are the terms and conditions you signed up to. Terms and conditions that were made crystal clear given the seriousness of no refunds, and the likelihood of games going ahead behind closed doors.

While at the same time telling us they hope to let fans in during October.
Sorry mate, I overlooked that bit of the terms and conditions.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Did anyone honestly think we were going to get 5,000 people into the ground this year? :lol:
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

I'm happier streaming than going into a ground with heavy restrictions and / or having to go anywhere near public transport.

That said the club offering per-game stream passes undercutting what ST holders will end up paying seems a bit "off". Do think they should offer something to ST holders e.g. a couple of away games free and pay the visiting club the requisite revenue split. For that reason I'll go for "partial" as it's the closest option.
Last edited by gshaw on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:41 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:37 pm How can anyone say no? This fan base need psychotherapy
Because quite clearly a refund shouldn’t be given. As was made perfectly clear it wouldn’t be at the time people renewed. PERFECTLY CLEAR!
Hi Danny
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:01 pm
RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:41 pm
Hi Danny
Just because I'm saying the club have behaved perfectly in this unprecedented situation, doesn’t mean I’m Danny.

I’ll take a photo of us together at the Plymouth game to prove it to you.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Streaming pass for international fans is £140 right? Season ticket is more than double that AFAIK.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:52 pm
y o y o y wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Here

What part of this video are they talking about the subject we are discussing, e.g free streaming of away matches for season ticket holders during the Covid 19 crisis.
The gist of not allowing free away games went to a vote for clubs. Orient wanted ST holders to get away games as part of the deal but were outvoted by the number of clubs who wanted games to be charged. The fee was fixed too. The club tried but the majority won the day.

Personally though it would be nice, if I pay fo away games so be it. £10 to view a game live is good value in my opinion. I’d be happy for that to continue going forward.
Hi @Dohnut, thanks for that information.
I think the football clubs were wrong to vote down that idea, outdated thinking and not being realistic and flexible enough in way they are responding to different ideas as to how to raise the extra revenue needed to promote and market the game, especially now with the Covid 19 crisis that is upon us now and for possibly a long time yet ahead.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 pm

I think the football clubs were wrong to vote down that idea, outdated thinking and not being realistic and flexible enough in way they are responding to different ideas as to how to raise the extra revenue needed to promote and market the game, especially now with the Covid 19 crisis that is upon us now and for possibly a long time yet ahead.
Good posts both, though I think to show the gratitude the club keeps telling us about they should offer ST holders a free away game credit and cover that £10 per holder to the visiting club for those who choose to redeem it or something along those lines.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:18 pm Streaming pass for international fans is £140 right? Season ticket is more than double that AFAIK.
Sure.

But that’s totally irrelevant.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Other 'fans' are getting the same thing for less than half the price, it's relevant.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:18 pm Streaming pass for international fans is £140 right? Season ticket is more than double that AFAIK.
Sure.

But that’s totally irrelevant.
With the wonder of VPN technology any Brit can be international so...
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 pm

But they'll get more money by charging for away games rather than giving them away for nothing.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Not even Close this one 66% NO
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 pm Other 'fans' are getting the same thing for less than half the price, it's relevant.
No.

Season ticket holders are getting the home game streams for free. As they agreed to.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:26 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 pm Other 'fans' are getting the same thing for less than half the price, it's relevant.
No.

Season ticket holders are getting the home game streams for free. As they agreed to.
As a non season card holder i will have to pay individulally for games,
However if by some miracle this b*st*rd virus f*cks off early , I'll have very little
Chance of being allowed back in before a season card holder &
Quite frankly why the hell should I ...
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

O Superman wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:35 pmActually as someone else pointed out, I'm still saving a fortune as I live 50 miles away so spend far more on transport/food/drink etc. than match tickets.
Same here. Everyone knew what they were getting, and any STH who actually thinks they’re due a refund - partial or otherwise - were probably stupid enough to think that COVID-19 is a hoax that was just going to go away.

KMT
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:18 am
RedO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:26 pm
No.

As a non season card holder i will have to pay individulally for games,
However if by some miracle this b*st*rd virus f*cks off early , I'll have very little
Chance of being allowed back in before a season card holder &
Quite frankly why the hell should I ...
Exactly.

This is what season ticket holders paid for. Priority entrance if the grounds do open up.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

That's obviously not the main draw of a season ticket.

An optional refund just like last season would be good.