Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Long slender neck »

Unless you're in a restaurant/train/office presumably?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 pm Unless you're in a restaurant/train/office presumably?
Yep, schools and pubs etc still immune from the Covids 👍
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

RedO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 pm These changes have always come in on a Monday.
Ah I see, so if you’ve always done it wrong it’s fine to carry on doing it that way. Makes sense.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Assume, like France, in a few weeks we'll see the high infection rates turn into hospital admissions over the next month as the young people who have got it but are relatively healthy with it, pass it onto older people.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Inevitable really when all the government have been doing for the last two months is encouraging young people back into pubs, restaurants and work. You reap what you sow unfortunately.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BoniO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 am
RedO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 pm These changes have always come in on a Monday.
Ah I see, so if you’ve always done it wrong it’s fine to carry on doing it that way. Makes sense.
You can't expect everyone to be able to deal with these monumental changes mid-week.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 am Inevitable really when all the government have been doing for the last two months is encouraging young people back into pubs, restaurants and work. You reap what you sow unfortunately.
Social distancing when outside has effectively gone to pot as well.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 am Inevitable really when all the government have been doing for the last two months is encouraging young people back into pubs, restaurants and work. You reap what you sow unfortunately.
Pubs, restaurants and work should be ensuring social distancing and following guideliens - if they are not they should be closed - and it wasn't just young people who were encouraged to go back.

It's the parties and illegal raves and BLM/XR protests that have done it.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Not seen distancing enforced anywhere.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

faldO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:58 am
:)
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Pubs, restaurants and work should be ensuring social distancing and following guideliens - if they are not they should be closed - and it wasn't just young people who were encouraged to go back.

Really? And you have proof that these gatherings are the source of the rising infections of course?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

As if. Even BJ doesn't want it properly enforced otherwise it defeats the purpose of reopening things - more money. Young people make up a large chunk of people who use pubs, bars, restaurants and things like shop staff.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Apparently if you went to a BLM protest in June, the virus hangs around until September to show itself.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:16 am Apparently if you went to a BLM protest in June, the virus hangs around until September to show itself.
By that logic you cannot claim that going back to work or opening pubs/restaurants is a factor because those things also happened months ago.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

faldO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:20 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:16 am Apparently if you went to a BLM protest in June, the virus hangs around until September to show itself.
By that logic you cannot claim that going back to work or opening pubs/restaurants is a factor because those things also happened months ago.
Aside from the fact that footfall has massively increased since June in pubs/restaurants and shops. the government introduced a scheme in August to give people money off food and by all accounts there were queues around the block in loads of places between mon-weds. Theres also been an active push in the last two weeks to get (scare) people to go back to the office and the train services have been on the beg to get people using them again.

You know you are talking rubbish.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

faldO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:20 am
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 am
Aside from the fact that footfall has massively increased since June in pubs/restaurants and shops. the government introduced a scheme in August to give people money off food and by all accounts there were queues around the block in loads of places between mon-weds. Theres also been an active push in the last two weeks to get (scare) people to go back to the office and the train services have been on the beg to get people using them again.

So what about those things? What evidence do you have that people queuing to go to the restaurant mon-weds or sitting in a half empty train are responsible for the rise in infections. If you can find some, please share it.

In the end it is a matter of opinion because very little hard evidence exists. You're of the opinion work/pubs/restaurants/government are the cause, I think it is more likely due to factors around the behaviour of certain groups of people.

"You know you are talking rubbish" - lol.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

faldO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 am

So what about those things? What evidence do you have that people queuing to go to the restaurant mon-weds or sitting in a half empty train are responsible for the rise in infections. If you can find some, please share it.

In the end it is a matter of opinion because very little hard evidence exists. You're of the opinion work/pubs/restaurants/government are the cause, I think it is more likely due to factors around the behaviour of certain groups of people.

"You know you are talking rubbish" - lol.
Will do if you provide the evidence that raves and BLM marches are to blame. I've offered you reasons which logically make sense as to why infection rates might rise. You've said that BLM marches which mainly happened 2/3 months ago are to blame. I know which one of us looks silly.

I get it, you have a dogma about certain groups of people. It's fine. Stop passing it off as fact though. :clown
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Coronavirus was in the UK last December, China has tried to cover it up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12618638/ ... mas-china/
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

If I was guessing at the cause of the increase, which everyone is doing, I would place the blame on those having gone abroad and visited the resorts that are also spiking, and bringing it back to spread here.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:02 am Not seen distancing enforced anywhere.
How about people taking responsibility for their actions. If they did there would be no need for enforcement.

Blaming a lack of enforcement is to ignore who are the people causing the problems
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

spen666 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:02 am Not seen distancing enforced anywhere.
How about people taking responsibility for their actions. If they did there would be no need for enforcement.

Blaming a lack of enforcement is to ignore who are the people causing the problems
Spot on.

How about the people still not wearing masks. No wonder the NHS is skint if they all have medical conditions.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 am

Agree to some extent, but people will always push boundaries. They'll do this even more so when they know there will be no consequences. This government has never enforced any of the restrictions, and even flouted them (remember that bloke Cummings?). When the government does nothing to enforce restrictions, flouts them themselves, and issues confusing and ambiguous guidelines then they have to bear the brunt of the blame.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:41 am
Will do if you provide the evidence that raves and BLM marches are to blame. I've offered you reasons which logically make sense as to why infection rates might rise. You've said that BLM marches which mainly happened 2/3 months ago are to blame. I know which one of us looks silly.

I get it, you have a dogma about certain groups of people. It's fine. Stop passing it off as fact though. :clown
What have I passed off as fact? I clearly said above "I think..." and "it's a matter of opinion". In the absence of hard evidence, much of this is opinion.

I don't actually believe the BLM marches anything to do with the current rise (I knew it would be picked up and focused on though). I do believe, as I said, that a significant factor is the behaviour of certain groups of mainly younger people (ie < 40) and not specifically to do with people going back to work or restaurants opening. Pubs perhaps, if they don't follow distancing guidelines and encourage close contact but the ones I've been to seem to be acting in a responsible way, though I've heard of others that are not.

It's strange that your opinions (as you've presented no evidence) "logically make sense"- but mine are silly.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:56 am If I was guessing at the cause of the increase, which everyone is doing, I would place the blame on those having gone abroad and visited the resorts that are also spiking, and bringing it back to spread here.
Or it could have been a few from here there brought it there & infected lots more