Muslims vs LGBT

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Muslims vs LGBT

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm If that comes in to the schools I can see wholesale walk outs of parents refusing to let their children be in class when that happens. It will mostly be done on religious grounds as well.
I can fully understand parents objecting to this type of sex education when kids are very young, but IMO, children should start to get relationship information including sex education when in Secondary school. When I was a kid in the 1960s I was told nothing about the opposite sex from my parents or my school, it was a Taboo subject. As to Gay relationships, again knew very little and in those days men could be sent to prison if found to be a practicing homosexual. The way the genius wartime hero ''Alan Turing'' was treated ( when found out to be Homosexual ) was so wicked, an utter disgrace.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Muslims vs LGBT

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm
Thor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm If that comes in to the schools I can see wholesale walk outs of parents refusing to let their children be in class when that happens. It will mostly be done on religious grounds as well.
I can fully understand parents objecting to this type of sex education when kids are very young, but IMO, children should start to get relationship information including sex education when in Secondary school. When I was a kid in the 1960s I was told nothing about the opposite sex from my parents or my school, it was a Taboo subject. As to Gay relationships, again knew very little and in those days men could be sent to prison if found to be a practicing homosexual. The way the genius wartime hero ''Alan Turing'' was treated ( when found out to be Homosexual ) was so wicked, an utter disgrace.
It was more than a disgrace, it was a real enigma.