Keep Ling or Judd...

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Keep Ling or Judd

Ling
37%
Judd
63%

Total votes: 38

Shav3n Hav3n
Fresh Alias

Keep Ling or Judd...

Post by Shav3n Hav3n »

Who Stays Ling or Judd?
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Re: Keep Ling or Judd...

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Neither, hopefully.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Judd 58 career total appearances 0 goals
Sam ling 109 career total appearances 5 goals .
As an attacking force , statustics are in favour of ling jnr.

As football now is all about stats
( just watch the https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... 0year-wait liverpool documentary to see how things are done now)
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:40 pm Judd 58 career total appearances 0 goals

( just watch the https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... 0year-wait liverpool documentary to see how things are done now)
Relentless :lol:
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:40 pm Judd 58 career total appearances 0 goals

Some time back I posted stats that showed defensively we conceded fewer goals when Judd played than when Ling played. Including more clean sheets. The stats related to a season when both played a decent number of games. Stats that favoured Judd in his primary role of defence.

Of course these stats, like yours, prove very little because so many other factors come in to play, including for example Head Coach instructions on how to play.

Stats are clearly taken more seriously now but they will never be the be all and end all when deciding who is best. Ross and the coaches will use their eyes. Preseason Judd has been better. But it looks like both are relegated.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Can someone confirm, do both Judd and Lings contracts expire at the end of this season? I believe that’s the case.

Look forward to hearing about Sams contract renewal in the coming months, if so. After all, we paid a fee for him so can’t let him walk away for nowt.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 am

Some time back I posted stats that showed defensively we conceded fewer goals when Judd played than when Ling played. Including more clean sheets. The stats related to a season when both played a decent number of games. Stats that favoured Judd in his primary role of defence.

Of course these stats, like yours, prove very little because so many other factors come in to play, including for example Head Coach instructions on how to play.

Stats are clearly taken more seriously now but they will never be the be all and end all when deciding who is best. Boss and the coaches will use their eyes. Preseason Judd has been better. But it looks like both are relegated.
Instinct is always to play the best defender for me, if they have some ability going forwards too then that is a bonus, but the best teams tend to be built from the back as the saying goes.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Judd to stay as back up for Jordan ,Ling to go if anyone will take him.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:37 am Judd to stay as back up for Jordan ,Ling to go if anyone will take him.
This.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I'm awaiting confirmation but I believe Ling's contract is up at the end of this season. Presumably if we don't play him he'll walk away on a free and be able to have his pick of clubs in the football league.

The only way to get him to stay and stop rivals enticing him away is to play him regularly and offer him a new improved contract asap.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Said it before (tongue in cheek) but say it again (slightly less tongue in cheek). Ling was a central midfielder pretty much all the way through his youth career and then converted to a RB (you can tell). I'd have him as a back up to someone like Clay or even Cisse who can sit in midfield, break up play a bit and hoof the ball up field.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

RedO wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:29 pm I'm awaiting confirmation but I believe Ling's contract is up at the end of this season. Presumably if we don't play him he'll walk away on a free and be able to have his pick of clubs in the football league.

The only way to get him to stay and stop rivals enticing him away is to play him regularly and offer him a new improved contract asap.
This has got to be a WUM , I would be happy for our club t pay any other club a fee to get shot of him ASAP.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:36 pm Said it before (tongue in cheek) but say it again (slightly less tongue in cheek). Ling was a central midfielder pretty much all the way through his youth career and then converted to a RB (you can tell). I'd have him as a back up to someone like Clay or even Cisse who can sit in midfield, break up play a bit and hoof the ball up field.
Could be worth a try, who knows, might suit him better to play in that position ?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:40 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:36 pm Said it before (tongue in cheek) but say it again (slightly less tongue in cheek). Ling was a central midfielder pretty much all the way through his youth career and then converted to a RB (you can tell). I'd have him as a back up to someone like Clay or even Cisse who can sit in midfield, break up play a bit and hoof the ball up field.
Could be worth a try, who knows, might suit him better to play in that position ?
can't be much worse for this level. And with 3 RBs it means you have more depth in the centre and 2 RBs to cover one position.
Glenthorne
Fresh Alias

Post by Glenthorne »

I feel the decision on whether Ling or Judd stays will be dependent on which one the club gets an offer for.
I feel that the reason Ling played last 2 friendlies was more to showcase him than team building.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Glenthorne wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:10 pm I feel the decision on whether Ling or Judd stays will be dependent on which one the club gets an offer for.
I feel that the reason Ling played last 2 friendlies was more to showcase him than team building.
A lot of guessing going on here !
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Glenthorne wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:10 pm I feel the decision on whether Ling or Judd stays will be dependent on which one the club gets an offer for.
My worry is we showcase Ling for most of next season.
Glenthorne
Fresh Alias

Post by Glenthorne »

Reply to SB
Your not wrong there, I think.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

I believe he actually had his first pro as a central midfielder, or converted very close to it. He definitely played U18 games there and was much better in that position. Genuinely quite creative (as opposed to now). I've often thought it strange he's not at least had a few games in that position. Maybe he hates it? I think its worth a go.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:54 pm
I believe he actually had his first pro as a central midfielder, or converted very close to it. He definitely played U18 games there and was much better in that position. Genuinely quite creative (as opposed to now). I've often thought it strange he's not at least had a few games in that position. Maybe he hates it? I think its worth a go.
Especially given our holes their in the past.

Cant say i didnt try ;) https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leytono ... 26842.html
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

also this gem on there :lol:
"I've just listened to Ross Embleton being interviewed on the podcast and he feels that Dale Gordon is a better footballer than Edou Adams , fair enough . "
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm also this gem on there :lol:
"I've just listened to Boss Embleton being interviewed on the podcast and he feels that Dale Gordon is a better footballer than Edou Adams , fair enough . "
Says it all !!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

"I've just listened to Boss Embleton being interviewed on the podcast and he feels that Dale Gordon is a better footballer than Edou Adams , fair enough . "
No way did Embelton seriously think that.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

RedO wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:28 pm
You calling him a liar? tuffers is outside your house mate
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:31 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:28 pm
You calling him a liar? tuffers is outside your house mate
I dont see what lie there is in that statement .

Dale Gordon may have played for that shower of sh*te at I-Pox &
For the Spammers But he played top flight Football something Edou Adams hasnt .

As for Edou is he Ebou 's younger cousin ?