Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Long slender neck »

It's the potential for numbers to return to peak levels which is the worrying thing. If the media start reporting 'no worse than flu etc' dumb folk would think it's over.
LagerTop
Fresh Alias

Post by LagerTop »

13th Chapter of Revelations:

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Microsoft and Bill Gates have filed a patent numbered 060606 for a microchip which is inserted into the body and which rewards activity with cryptocurrency.

Coincidence or nothing to worry about?
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Sounds like a bad omen...
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

LagerTop wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Microsoft and Bill Gates have filed a patent numbered 060606 for a microchip which is inserted into the body and which rewards activity with cryptocurrency.

Patent application 060606 does not mention inserting microchips into the body

https://fullfact.org/online/bill-gates- ... icrochips/

Oops fact checker says not quite
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

LagerTop wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 pm 13th Chapter of Revelations:

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Masih_ad-Dajjal

Some Scholars have sought to reconcile these reports classing them both as authentic since they are not contradictory but rather supplement one another. Al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad said: “Both eyes of the Dajjaal will be defective, because all the reports are saheeh. His right eye will be the one that is abraded and dull, unable to see, as stated in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar. And his left eye will be the one that is covered with a thick fold of skin, and will also be defective.” Imam Al-Nawawi agreed with the suggested reconciliation by Al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad, and Imam al-Qurtubi also approved of it.

Between his (Dajjal's) eyes the word "Kaafir" will be written in Arabic (ك ف ر ) and only the believers, whether literate or illiterate, will be able to read this

In another narration, Hudaifah reports that Muhammad said: 'The Dajjal is blind in his left eye and has abundant hair .

=====================================================================================

Cant read to clever, has dodgy looking , eyes has abundant hair

Dajjal
The Anti-Christ

Think of anyone similar ?

Bojo can Read but the Orange fella isnt to sharp at that !

https://www.google.com/search?q=dajjal+ ... GbN9EDNalM

The 2nd coming of God ?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

LagerTop wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 pm 13th Chapter of Revelations:

😁
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 pm
Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:28 pm
Who knows......not been feeling too well lately (also blood pressure is through the roof - I won't blame that on the Govt.)!
Go and see a doctor and get it looked at, don’t leave it as high blood pressure is really serious.

My wife’s uncle is a proper alternative health (if that’s what they’re called) person and lives and treats his body like a temple. He doesn’t beleive in a lot of medications preferring to use alternative remedies. He had a stroke. He started after quite sometime in hospital blood pressure tablets and a short while later stopped taking them. He had another stroke. He has lost a lot of use on his left hand side and walks with a stick and a limp.

So please get it checked out.
Many thanks Thor for your genuine concern.

I'm on Blood Pressure tablets since my Lung Op. - the reason that I woke up next day in an ICU was blood pressure-related during the Operation itself; when I nearly became an ex-O's Supporter. I never knew that I even had a blood pressure problem until then! That was something identifed which was totally unexpected; but thankfully, sooner rather than later. It was also a wake up call to give up cigarettes; I was on 20-30 a day.

As you will know, 'she who must be obeyed' is an experienced Staff Nurse; yet even she had no idea whatsoever that I had a blood pressure problem. I had an annual check up less than a year before surgery and my B.P. was fine then (albeit I was advised obviously to immediately stop smoking and to reduce my alcohol intake).

Bringing the thread back on some kind of track after boring people with my health over the past two years, I cannot recommend enough to people the importance of regularly checking your blood pressure (I now check mine daily). You can get a perfectly good upper arm Blood Pressure Monitor from Boots for around £20. That's absolute peanuts - and could be a life-saver. If you visit your G.P. Surgery, they will calibrate it for you against theirs - but obviously Boots don't sell cheap tat anyway. Around one in four people in the UK are suffering with a blood pressure problem - I would imagine many without knowing. I wouldn't have ever given it a second thought; I eat very healthily and exercise daily. Also, despite my rants on this forum, I'm generally very laid back! As Thor points out, you never know that you could be heading for a stroke (or, God forbid, worse).

Once again, sincere thanks for your kind thoughts and advice Thor.
Got one today Nun, as you say only £20 in boots.
Seeing as the chances of getting to see a doctor these days is close to zero, something me and the wife can keep an eye on ourselves.

Hope your health improves soon Nun 👍
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Boots is open already?
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

kokomO wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:14 am
NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 pm
Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Go and see a doctor and get it looked at, don’t leave it as high blood pressure is really serious.

My wife’s uncle is a proper alternative health (if that’s what they’re called) person and lives and treats his body like a temple. He doesn’t beleive in a lot of medications preferring to use alternative remedies. He had a stroke. He started after quite sometime in hospital blood pressure tablets and a short while later stopped taking them. He had another stroke. He has lost a lot of use on his left hand side and walks with a stick and a limp.

So please get it checked out.
Many thanks Thor for your genuine concern.

I'm on Blood Pressure tablets since my Lung Op. - the reason that I woke up next day in an ICU was blood pressure-related during the Operation itself; when I nearly became an ex-O's Supporter. I never knew that I even had a blood pressure problem until then! That was something identifed which was totally unexpected; but thankfully, sooner rather than later. It was also a wake up call to give up cigarettes; I was on 20-30 a day.

As you will know, 'she who must be obeyed' is an experienced Staff Nurse; yet even she had no idea whatsoever that I had a blood pressure problem. I had an annual check up less than a year before surgery and my B.P. was fine then (albeit I was advised obviously to immediately stop smoking and to reduce my alcohol intake).

Bringing the thread back on some kind of track after boring people with my health over the past two years, I cannot recommend enough to people the importance of regularly checking your blood pressure (I now check mine daily). You can get a perfectly good upper arm Blood Pressure Monitor from Boots for around £20. That's absolute peanuts - and could be a life-saver. If you visit your G.P. Surgery, they will calibrate it for you against theirs - but obviously Boots don't sell cheap tat anyway. Around one in four people in the UK are suffering with a blood pressure problem - I would imagine many without knowing. I wouldn't have ever given it a second thought; I eat very healthily and exercise daily. Also, despite my rants on this forum, I'm generally very laid back! As Thor points out, you never know that you could be heading for a stroke (or, God forbid, worse).

Once again, sincere thanks for your kind thoughts and advice Thor.
Got one on Saturday Nun, as you say only £20 in boots.
Seeing as the chances of getting to see a doctor these days is close to zero, something me and the wife can keep an eye on ourselves.

Hope your health improves soon Nun 👍
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

RedO wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:44 am Boots is open already?
Good spot.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm Fairly large anti mask demo in Trafalgar Square today

One dude decided to rock a tin foil hat that even COYO's would've been proud Image
All you need to know about this lot is that David Icke and Piers Morgan (who got himself arrested again) attended and made speeches.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

StockholmO wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:45 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm Fairly large anti mask demo in Trafalgar Square today

One dude decided to rock a tin foil hat that even COYO's would've been proud Image
All you need to know about this lot is that David Icke and Piers Morgan (who got himself arrested again) attended and made speeches.
You mean piers Corbyn ?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I think you mean Piers Corbyn, brother to that other loony conspiracy theorist Jeremy Corbyn
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Piers Morgan :lol:
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

All you need to know about this lot is that David Icke and Piers Corbyn (who got himself arrested again) attended and made speeches.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:55 pm

I think you mean Piers Corbyn, brother to that other loony conspiracy theorist Jeremy Corbyn

Corrected, thanks. 🤷‍♂️
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Piers Morgan :lol:
Got to love a troll making a mess of things
😁
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Whats the considered opinion of this report by the CDC? I’d be interested to read people’s views.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... orbidities
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Thor wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:05 pm Whats the considered opinion of this report by the CDC? I’d be interested to read people’s views.

Which bit?

I scrolled down and clicked on the NCHS Excess Deaths Data Visualization. That should tell you all you need to know.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Piers Corbyn fined £10,000 for organising yesterday’s protest.

😂😂😂
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thor wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:05 pm Whats the considered opinion of this report by the CDC? I’d be interested to read people’s views.

I don't know, what does the report say?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Why have we not had hardly any deaths in the last two months?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

One explanation from BBC news

By the time lockdown came there were an estimated 100,000 new infections a day in the UK.

Today we have over 1,000 confirmed infections a day, on average.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:45 pm One explanation from BBC news

By the time lockdown came there were an estimated 100,000 new infections a day in the UK.

Today we have over 1,000 confirmed infections a day, on average.
I know the BBC like to overstate the case, but 100,000 new infections a day - are you sure?

I think at the peak it was more like approx 5k infections a day across the UK.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:51 pm

I don't know, what does the report say?
Looking at the updated deaths of covid as the only reason for death. It’s something like 9,200 people only.