WHERE WILL W FINISH

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Re: WHERE WILL W FINISH

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hopefully Martin Ling gets some players in for RE. It's going to be tough as it is, let alone having to play people out of position all season.

Mid table.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Thats good keeping all your hopes onr ling getting in some more players, before we all hope that he does that, we need a replacement centre half for big marvin who wa sold to blackpool but i cant see it as next sat is the 1st rd of the cup and atill no defender Lets all hope that we dont have to rely on tje defenders we have god help us ⚽
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

16th, mostly thanks to Cissé shoring up midfield enough to keep us out of trapdoor trouble but he alone can't make up for our dour attacking tactics.

One place higher than this season can then be touted as steady improvement and the cycle continues again.
Last edited by gshaw on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Lets face it our position will be relative to the other squads in the division. I haven't really seen them, but judging by how well our board have handled the financial fallout from covid combined with our current squad i'm gonna say about 10th.
Last edited by Adz on Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

I think that we will struggle to cope qith the lack of quality in the team mainly in defence coulson looks over weight and defo slow turley cant get fit aick note.. sam ling not good enough juddd mudd must start widdowson ok going forward but dodgy at defending
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

When you consider that this squad is now considerably weaker than it was when it came up from the conference then you conclude that mid table will be an achievement.

Can genuinely see a relegation scare. Just got to hope that there are two worse squads than ours and/or a couple more teams get booted out the league for going bust.

I’m already considering the coming season a write off as I can’t see fans being in grounds for a while and when they are it’ll be some reduced capacity deal which I’m not personally interested in.

As long as they stay up I’ll be happy. I really don’t fancy watching conference football ever again. In fact, I refuse to spend my money on it ever again.
BengeO
Fresh Alias

Post by BengeO »

I think W will finish between 5 and 10 (ie: between V and X)
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

I argee with you m8 hated non league footie but with only 1 player signed this season so far its not looking good we are still a centre back short and i am also not a big fan of loanee as sometimes when thay get injured they go back to there parent club
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

And without just 1 signing you make your mind up not looking good
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

BengeO wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:03 am I think W will finish between 5 and 10 (ie: between V and X)
I like it.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

If someone offered me 22nd right now, I’d take it. In for a long season.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Top 10
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

faith1234 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 am I think that we will struggle to cope qith the lack of quality in the team mainly in defence coulson looks over weight and defo slow turley cant get fit aick note.. sam ling not good enough juddd mudd must start widdowson ok going forward but dodgy at defending
'' widdowson ok going forward but dodgy at defending''
Since when has Widdowson been any good when going forward ?
Strictly a sideways and backwards player with no flair whatsoever who is far more at home when playing in his own half.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mugla wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:56 pm I'm optimistic unlike most misery guts on here.
I reckon playoffs minimum
Not without two new defenders we won't.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

As we will not be adding to the squad as per the q and a unless we have an injury, it seems likely that we will be going forwards with what we have. I do beleive that our head coach is questionable and his use of tactics and formations leave a lot to be desired. I really hope that he proves me wrong and can bring us the supporters the success we crave and the owners the success they deserve.

Looking at last season and utilising my football brain I beleive we will finish 9th with 65 points. This has been calculated and not picked out of the air. I said we would win the national league before the season started and was right, I’m saying this now based on what we have now and let’s see how far out I end up.
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Bottom 8. No improvement.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Thor wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 pm As we will not be adding to the squad as per the q and a unless we have an injury, it seems likely that we will be going forwards with what we have. I do beleive that our head coach is questionable and his use of tactics and formations leave a lot to be desired. I really hope that he proves me wrong and can bring us the supporters the success we crave and the owners the success they deserve.

Looking at last season and utilising my football brain I beleive we will finish 9th with 65 points. This has been calculated and not picked out of the air. I said we would win the national league before the season started and was right, I’m saying this now based on what we have now and let’s see how far out I end up.
How have you calculated that?

I’m intrigued to know how you’ve come to the conclusion that despite having a weaker squad than last season we’ll finish 8 places higher.
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

Good timing cos Ive just completed me league ladder
Final position 7th
top scorer - Johnson
Star man off pitch - Senda
star man on pitch - vigareuax/Johnson
Nearly fit award - Dennis ( January 21 )
Get to FA cup round 3 and draw spurs at home
all in all an enjoyable season and we promoted at wembley
;)
Mike pinner
Fresh Alias

Post by Mike pinner »

1st
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 pm As we will not be adding to the squad as per the q and a unless we have an injury, it seems likely that we will be going forwards with what we have. I do beleive that our head coach is questionable and his use of tactics and formations leave a lot to be desired. I really hope that he proves me wrong and can bring us the supporters the success we crave and the owners the success they deserve.

What really worry’s me is our defence is weaker than last season. I don’t know what the club’s thinking going into the season this weak at the back . It’s going to turnaround and bite us on the backside
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

Mike pinner wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:01 pm1st
great goalie mike
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

7th.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Somewhere 8-10th with never a real hope of squeezing into the POs. An improvement.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Huxley wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:32 pm

How have you calculated that?

I’m intrigued to know how you’ve come to the conclusion that despite having a weaker squad than last season we’ll finish 8 places higher.
Don't want to speak for Thor, but there are potentially a number of reasons.
  • Last seasons squad took time to adapt to a higher league, now they have that experience under them they will do better
  • The death of JE weighed on their heads for the early part of the season
  • The chopping and changing of management created instability
  • The squad is better than it was at the start of last season
  • The squads of other teams in our league are both weaker and less deep
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

All of the above adz, but specifically looking at our early season form and where we ended up. I looked at points per game for where we finished. I looked at the points per game after Ross was appointed full time head coach and then factored in further improvements to this season to come up with my number. I also had to consider the goals against column which as we know was dire last season however, to Ross credit he did end up the spell in a positive number and we all know if you concede less than you score your on to a higher chance of a positive result. All factors point to a further positive uplift in results this coming season.

I hope he can outperform what I beleive will happen, I just don’t quite see what others see when they suggest we might be near the lower reachers of this league. However, I respect their opinions.