Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by faldO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:40 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:52 pm What is the answer?
What, out of the Unions, Jeremy Corbyn or Communism?

Erm.....all three.
It's easy to say that schools should remain shut but the damage being done to this country's children, especially the younger ones, is already serious and it will only get worse.

I'm all for unions making constructive suggestions and, for example, figuring out how to accommodate those teachers who have serious health concerns, but to say "schools must stay shut until they are safe and covid has gone away" - which is essentially what some of the unions are doing - when there is very little evidence that they aren't safe for the vast majority of both teachers and children, is just playing with the future of childrens' lives.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I will repeat, my sons primary school no children caught covid and neither did the teachers. My daughters Grammer school, no children caught covid and neither did the teachers. These are facts. My son is due to move to secondary school in the next week or so and no one there caught covid either as a pupil or teacher.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Were they all tested then?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

No, but the heads updates stated no one has covid on either side.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Perhaps if some people spent their time considering the basic, Coronavirus safety measures that are being requested by Unions; then instead of simply blaming them, it may actually be somewhat difficult for any fair-minded individual, to disagree with their stance.

Particularly given the utter clusterf**k of incompetence dealing with this Pandemic from the outset, can anyone actually trust assurances by this Government of proven liars? Honestly?

For example, where's the 'World-beating' Track & Trace App?

What about the fact that Coronavirus Testing Kits have now run out; or the fact that laboratories are backlogged with tests dating back to July?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... d-scotland

Have they even tried to engage meaningfully with Unions, to drive this issue forward to a successful conclusion?

I truly find it incredible that blame is being apportioned towards Unions; when quite clearly, their priority is the well-being of children/students and their members.

It's the typical Tory way though isn't it. Never accept the blame or take responsibility.....just point the finger at others. Union-bashing, of course, has always been at the top of their agenda.

Truly, truly sickening!
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

PHE published research last week suggesting that there is not a big risk of covid-19 transmission in schools. (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... alysis.pdf)

England chief medical officer Chris Whitty has said that missing school is a greater risk to children than covid-19, backed up by the CMOs of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/vid ... d-19-video)

Are PHE and Whitty proven liars too?

I cannot think of any other profession where there is so much push-back and resistance to returning to work. Contrast it with the NHS, and the police, and virtually any other front-line industry you want to name.

As I said a while back, it is inevitable that there will be cases of covid-19 in schools once schools return, but that has to be managed.

In the end, not opening schools results in children losing out on their education and personal development - something that can never be reversed - and that is incredibly sad.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

faldO wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:46 pm PHE published research last week suggesting that there is not a big risk of covid-19 transmission in schools. (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... alysis.pdf)

England chief medical officer Chris Whitty has said that missing school is a greater risk to children than covid-19, backed up by the CMOs of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/vid ... d-19-video)

Are PHE and Whitty proven liars too?

I cannot think of any other profession where there is so much push-back and resistance to returning to work. Contrast it with the NHS, and the police, and virtually any other front-line industry you want to name.

As I said a while back, it is inevitable that there will be cases of covid-19 in schools once schools return, but that has to be managed.

In the end, not opening schools results in children losing out on their education and personal development - something that can never be reversed - and that is incredibly sad.
Not a 'big' risk?

What do you consider 'big' compared to let's say 'not so big'?

What were the risks at these two schools I wonder?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... t-53887022

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... e-12055594

As for whether I consider P.H.E. to be liars. Sorry but is this the same P.H.E. being disbanded by the Tory Party? The pure irony of such a question! :lol:

I note, as usual, you are blaming the Unions; without any justification as to whether their demands are acceptable or not. It's just your usual, typical Tory stance shining through once again isn't it.......you just love to have a dig at them and apportion blame their way.

Do you ever find any fault with Johnson & Co. :clown :clown :clown ?

It is clearly evident that once again, this incompetent, clueless, bone-idle P.M. and his Government have not been communicating with schools either. Are Head Teachers also to blame?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/c ... s-22572219

For example, where are the contingency plans for when spikes occur in schools; because rest assured, they will?

As usual, just like Thory Boy on here, you also cherry-pick what you want to answer; and reply to questions with other questions from your own agenda.

You are a prime example of why I so vehemently dislike Tories. You never want to take, or accept responsibility. Irrespective of whether its a Pandemic-related failure today; an exam result failure last week; shorty, it will be the disaster of Brexit once again. By the way, where is the 'Oven-ready Deal' exactly? It was just simply more lies, wasn't it. The raft of Tory calamities and lies is never-ending.

In just over ten years of Government, your beloved party of incompetent, self-serving, gutless charlatans have absolutely destroyed the United Kingdom. I truly believe that economically, the UK is at a point of no return.

I'm just so grateful that I won't be part of this godforesaken place for too much longer.
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Sorry if it's already been asked but has anyone on here been tested ? I was last week and found it bloody uncomfortable , thankfully I was clear .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Yeah, I thought it was a bit tricky. Didn't shove it too far up my hooter.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I was asked to participate in the testing program, that went straight in the bin.

I see Nuneaton continues his one man crusade against the government. Change the record mate we get it that you don’t like them and at times you make some good points to be fair however, as it’s relentless the impact may be lost on some.

When you say your leaving this place I hope it’s not to meet our lord and saviour?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Outside air

Air conditioning isnt good for you

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp

Back in the News today .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:50 pm I was asked to participate in the testing program, that went straight in the bin.

I see Nuneaton continues his one man crusade against the government. Change the record mate we get it that you don’t like them and at times you make some good points to be fair however, as it’s relentless the impact may be lost on some.

When you say your leaving this place I hope it’s not to meet our lord and saviour?
Anti semetism
The Rabid Right wing press & its followers never seem to let that one go
Even ifits from 5 years ago .

So it should be
They & there followers right & left need to be CHALLENGED
Every day . Thats what politics is Thory boy
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:50 pm When you say your leaving this place I hope it’s not to meet our lord and saviour?
Who knows......not been feeling too well lately (also blood pressure is through the roof - I won't blame that on the Govt.)!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:28 pm
Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:50 pm When you say your leaving this place I hope it’s not to meet our lord and saviour?
Who knows......not been feeling too well lately (also blood pressure is through the roof - I won't blame that on the Govt.)!
Get some hemp seed in your diet nun
Great for blood pressure , as long as you dont have allergies
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

The blood pressure is probably due to all the mails you bang out on here. Need to clam down a bit. ;)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

His rants come across a bit gammony.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:58 pm No, but the heads updates stated no one has covid on either side.
Makes you wonder why they want kids wearing masks in schools
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

To prevent spread, to protect teachers. I wouldn't expect infants to do it but fair enough for everyone else, could've done this month's ago.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

I wonder what Thors sons school head thinks about that then
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:23 pm Outside air

Back in the News today .
The air conditioning in my house has worked great this summer. It’s beautiful sleeping in a room that’s cool rather than sweating your gonads off.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Go and see a doctor and get it looked at, don’t leave it as high blood pressure is really serious.

My wife’s uncle is a proper alternative health (if that’s what they’re called) person and lives and treats his body like a temple. He doesn’t beleive in a lot of medications preferring to use alternative remedies. He had a stroke. He started after quite sometime in hospital blood pressure tablets and a short while later stopped taking them. He had another stroke. He has lost a lot of use on his left hand side and walks with a stick and a limp.

So please get it checked out.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:05 pm I wonder what Thors sons school head thinks about that then
It does not apply to England so she probably doesn’t think much about it.

What are people’s thoughts on this? My daughters school is in a remote location, not accessible by bus or train, so we take her in the morning and she likes to get the school bus back to the town centre and then make her way home from there.

When they return we have been Told today that all buses will be fully utilised, all seats are to be used by all pupils and no social distancing will occur. These buses are only for the school kids so no public get on them.

So why is it ok to ram the kids on the bus, but not joe public? They are in dialogue with the bus company in getting more out on, but so far no agreement has been made. Surely this goes against everything the government are telling us doesn’t it?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:35 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:05 pm I wonder what Thors sons school head thinks about that then
It does not apply to England so she probably doesn’t think much about it.

What are people’s thoughts on this? My daughters school is in a remote location, not accessible by bus or train, so we take her in the morning and she likes to get the school bus back to the town centre and then make her way home from there.

When they return we have been Told today that all buses will be fully utilised, all seats are to be used by all pupils and no social distancing will occur. These buses are only for the school kids so no public get on them.

So why is it ok to ram the kids on the bus, but not joe public? They are in dialogue with the bus company in getting more out on, but so far no agreement has been made. Surely this goes against everything the government are telling us doesn’t it?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... s-minister

"No review of face mask rules in English schools, says minister".

Expect that to change, like the u-turn on school marks last week
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:25 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:23 pm Outside air

Back in the News today .
The air conditioning in my house has worked great this summer. It’s beautiful sleeping in a room that’s cool rather than sweating your gonads off.
Air conditioning has affected peoples breathing for years

Its well known & as latest studies from oregon university show
Worldwide cases of corona virus spread from covid being present & circulating in
Recycled air .
Advice open a window to bring a little fresh air in
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Mines a fresh air version not a recirculated air one.

However, having worked in offices all my life it’s funny how so many people get ill one after another as the buildings generally have recirculated air con. I’ve always moaned about it, but what can you do? So I can see it being a potential problem.