Paul Mccallum

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Paul Mccallum

Post by Sid Bishop »

Last ten minutes, one goal behind, McCallum and Harrold up front, back four pushed up to the halfway line,
Route one in full swing, ''Come on you Os''..........Jobi takes a corner on the left hand side, Harrold rises, flicks the ball onto the head of Paul McCallum........GOAL !!
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue May 21, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StowieO
Fresh Alias

Post by StowieO »

I think I missed that game!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I think Sid has been playing football manager 😄😄😄
SouthStandDonut
Fresh Alias

Post by SouthStandDonut »

Just seen on the national league fb group that he has left eastleigh.....how true i don't know
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

He’s confirmed it on Twitter, turned down a new deal.

As others have said I’d take him back in a heartbeat. He’s a unit in the air, always rated him when he was with us first time round and back then thought he was one of the best headers of a ball I’d seen in ages in an Os shirt. Would score goals next season no doubt
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Would need to go back to 4-4-2 and play wingers though. And pretty much our entire style of play.....
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

The Eastleigh forum think he's going to Solihull Moors
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

StowieO wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:04 pm I think I missed that game!
It was a cracking game, I watched the game in a dream after having an afternoon nap. One of those dreams that you dont want to leave !!
Let you know soon what the final score was !!
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue May 21, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BelgianO
Fresh Alias

Post by BelgianO »

Would be great to see him back! Think he has got better as well since !
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Didn’t someone on here say he scored all his goals with his head except one this past season?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:32 pm Didn’t someone on here say he scored all his goals with his head except one this past season?

Let us imagine that the headed chance that fell to Happe on Saturday ( he put it over the bar ) had fallen to McCallum instead, very good chance he would have scored.
Paul never really had a chance with us. In his first season, played well with Simpson in the pre season friendlies, just played a few League matches when we were having a good run, then tore his ACL knee ligaments. Second season, all the problems with Bechetti plus still in injury recovery, then he was finished and out of contract.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Defo would have scored. He scored two beauties against us and I’m not sure we would have scored them had the chances been ours.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Thor wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:32 pm Didn’t someone on here say he scored all his goals with his head except one this past season?
Me, he's a straight line runner who can head the ball, end of, not someone like Harold who can do a bit of assault and battery when required. I do love a forward that gets his retaliation in first.
Pilsbury
Fresh Alias

Post by Pilsbury »

I have a feeling that next season we will revert to 442, with Jobi on the left and JMD on the right we would have potentially the best crossers of a ball in the division with Brophy and Dayton too. Signing the National Leagues top goal scorer from last season (who happens to be very very good in the air) would be a top signing imo, doubt we would be able to sign anyone any better tbh. It’s irrelevant that he has been here before and in actual fact at the start of his previous spell with us he was rather good before his injury, can’t believe that some don’t want him back.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

About as mobile as a lamp post when he played against us. When its on his head its a goal - no dispute - but we have nobody capable of crossing a decent ball. If we did sign him then either (a) this paves the way for Bonne to leave and (b) what was the point of Harrold. If we are going to resort to the long ball up without any finesse then my season ticket renewal will have been a waste of money.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Having this sort of player encourages too much punt and hope tactics.
Saw it on Sunday and that was with no real target, not for me and going back hardly ever works out
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Pilsbury wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 am I have a feeling that next season we will revert to 442, with Jobi on the left and JMD on the right we would have potentially the best crossers of a ball in the division with Brophy and Dayton too. Signing the National Leagues top goal scorer from last season (who happens to be very very good in the air) would be a top signing imo, doubt we would be able to sign anyone any better tbh. It’s irrelevant that he has been here before and in actual fact at the start of his previous spell with us he was rather good before his injury, can’t believe that some don’t want him back.
Brophy - probably has not delivered a cross to someones head all season.
Dayton - capable when not injured.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

LittleMate wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 am About as mobile as a lamp post when he played against us. When its on his head its a goal - no dispute - but we have nobody capable of crossing a decent ball. If we did sign him then either (a) this paves the way for Bonne to leave and (b) what was the point of Harrold. If we are going to resort to the long ball up without any finesse then my season ticket renewal will have been a waste of money.
And by the same token we don't have that player lurking and looking for space in the box, and pouncing on easy chances. A poacher. .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

[quote=LittleMate
[/quote]

And how often throughout the season is Dayton NOT injured ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:14 am [quote=LittleMate
[/quote]

Correct. Which is why i say we need 2 wingers and a smart CF. Weve got a runner and a basher at the moment we need a striker with nouse.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Pilsbury wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 am I have a feeling that next season we will revert to 442, with Jobi on the left and JMD on the right we would have potentially the best crossers of a ball in the division with Brophy and Dayton too. Signing the National Leagues top goal scorer from last season (who happens to be very very good in the air) would be a top signing imo, doubt we would be able to sign anyone any better tbh. It’s irrelevant that he has been here before and in actual fact at the start of his previous spell with us he was rather good before his injury, can’t believe that some don’t want him back.
But both wingers would be looking to cut inside rather than get on the outside and whip balls in.

I'm not saying we couldn't or shouldn't go for him, just that things would need to change. Having different options up your sleeve is a positive, if the players are intelligent enough to deal with changes.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:14 am [quote=LittleMate
Correct. Which is why i say we need 2 wingers and a smart CF. Weve got a runner and a basher at the moment we need a striker with nouse.
[/quote]

Sounds great but on the Os limited budget, sounds like as hard to find as the ''Holy Grail'' !!
We have to mainly feed on scraps that other teams discard. Perhaps there may be a few golden undiscovered nuggets to be found that fit that description.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am
LittleMate wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 am About as mobile as a lamp post when he played against us. When its on his head its a goal - no dispute - but we have nobody capable of crossing a decent ball. If we did sign him then either (a) this paves the way for Bonne to leave and (b) what was the point of Harrold. If we are going to resort to the long ball up without any finesse then my season ticket renewal will have been a waste of money.
And by the same token we don't have that player lurking and looking for space in the box, and pouncing on easy chances. A poacher. .
I'd much rather have a Josh Koroma up there, though.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:48 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am
I'd much rather have a Josh Koroma up there, though.
Forgot about Josh. A lot of development still required I'm afraid.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Justin Edinburgh likes his wingers to cut inside, that's why Brophy has been playing out of position all season. He's an old fashioned left winger, but has been told to play the number ten position. Put him back on the wing and he will destroy teams with his pace and crosses.

I really want Paul McCallum back here for sure. With him and Bonne up front, we would score a lot of goals IMO.