Jay Simpson Departs

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Jay Simpson Departs

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:16 pm
Thor wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Yes I think you are correct. If we were to offer him a new contract it would have to be on at least the same terms as before. Generally the new contract is always on a higher wage without fail.
Time to move on from the Cox, Mooney, Lisbie, Simpson etc era.
I notice that Mooney ended up playing for Harlow Town end of this season.
Wonder what Cox will do when he gives up playing for these lower level, non FL Clubs ?
He has a connection with Sammy Moore, so perhaps a tie up with him, coaching or similar ?

Did you go over Harlow and watch Moons play? If so did he do ok?
No I did not see him play. Harlow lost the good team they had last season, including Justin Scales who joined a Swedish team so not good this season, so ending up by being relegated. Local paper now ceased publication so did not know he signed for Harlow at the end of the season till yesterday when I looked him up by chance and read about it on the internet. Saw one match report about him missing a headed chance to score and thats it. Will try to find out more in the coming weeks.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Simpson’s best days are long behind him, in his last 38 games he has scored just 4 goals and 2 of them were in one game. So he has scored in 3 games out of 38. He can’t even compete with our central defenders. In hindsight a complete waste of money.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Redcard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 am Simpson’s best days are long behind him, in his last 38 games he has scored just 4 goals and 2 of them were in one game. So he has scored in 3 games out of 38. He can’t even compete with our central defenders. In hindsight a complete waste of money.
I suppose that being as he turned up for training with us that they thought he looked good in training so worth a try. I always thought that based on his time away from us, well he hardly sparkled in the US, some on this forum were getting well carried away, such comments as ''Simpson will RIP this league etc. But I just cannot understand how we have twice in the space of a few years, had high profile players in Nolan and Simpson training with us who were plainly nowhere near match fit, yet have still signed them on with I guess lucrative contracts ? I thought that nowadays it was all scientific the way to check out players fitness, surely if nothing else, some really good and hard practice games, friendly's etc would have shown up the lack of match fitness fitness in both players cases ? It does not matter how good a player was in the past, its the present that counts !!
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Reckon he'll end somewhere a bit obscure, most likely in Asia.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

China?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Thor wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 pmChina?
Possibly, or maybe India.