Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by faldO »

According to the ONS, for the week ending 31st July, and for the 5 weeks prior, more people died from flu / pneumonia than covid-19 as reported on their death certificate.

You can always, sadly, find examples of where younger people have succumbed to covid but in terms of the current threat to the general population it's perhaps not quite as bad as some make out.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Don't worry, Russia have a vaccine.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

No daily death numbers avaluable for yesterday 🤔🤔
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 pm Don't worry, Russia have a vaccine.
😱
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Its interesting that they have not released the flu or pneumonia figures all the way through this crisis. The USA did and normally 200k died of it and this year only 20k died. I'd bet that we have done the same here as well. We are being played and people need to wake up.

More Britons have been killed by flu than coronavirus for seven weeks https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-masthead
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thor wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 am Its interesting that they have not released the flu or pneumonia figures all the way through this crisis. The USA did and normally 200k died of it and this year only 20k died. I'd bet that we have done the same here as well. We are being played and people need to wake up.

More Britons have been killed by flu than coronavirus for seven weeks https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-masthead
Ironically, in trying to prioritise the economy over lives and locking down too late, it’s meant that we’ve had to come out of lockdown slower than most countries and f*cked ourselves economically. Incompetence at the highest level.

And with Brexit round the corner, the future doesn’t look much brighter.

But it won’t be the ceos, politicians and Bankers affected. I can see child poverty rising to crazy levels and scenes in this country that you’d expect of a third world country in the coming years.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am
Thor wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 am Its interesting that they have not released the flu or pneumonia figures all the way through this crisis. The USA did and normally 200k died of it and this year only 20k died. I'd bet that we have done the same here as well. We are being played and people need to wake up.

Ironically, in trying to prioritise the economy over lives and locking down too late, it’s meant that we’ve had to come out of lockdown slower than most countries and f*cked ourselves economically. Incompetence at the highest level.

But it won’t be the ceos, politicians and Bankers affected. I can see child poverty rising to crazy levels and scenes in this country that you’d expect of a third world country in the coming years.
Sadly you are correct.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Doesnt Covid cause Pneumonia though? (amongst other things)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Covid causes death.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Up to your old tricks again Thory. 200K deaths per year from flu in the USA normally? You couldn't make it up! Wait a moment, you just have. US CDC numbers below show just how much you're fibbing. It's almost like you have an agenda here and you talk of "playing people"...............

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

So he has an agenda? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

BoniO wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 am

Up to your old tricks again Thory. 200K deaths per year from flu in the USA normally? You couldn't make it up! Wait a moment, you just have. US CDC numbers below show just how much you're fibbing. It's almost like you have an agenda here and you talk of "playing people"...............

The third one shows 200k which supports my claim.

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

A tweet from a random individual isnt evidence Thor
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 am
BoniO wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 am

The third one shows 200k which supports my claim.

Silly me. I must remember to check random Twitter nutjobs for data rather than the US CDC. What do they know eh?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Played? You were originally saying this was a Chinese weapon.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Japan Acted Like the Virus Had Gone. Now It’s Spread Everywhere.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... obal-en-GB
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I was referring to the tweet by 'chandler' as that is the third tweet which you said backed up your claim.

Looking at the graph. Yeah pneumonia deaths are a bit lower, but your numbers still look way off.

Fact is, there are excess deaths across the world. The threat from covid is real.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

That flu line would appear to show an expected higher number in Winter with a gradual tail off into Spring/Summer. It would be interesting to compare it to last years graph when there was no covid.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:07 pm A tweet from a random individual isnt evidence Thor
Not so much a random individual PW, it's Amanda House, Director of Video & Deputy Political Editor, of Breitbart News.

Breitbart News - the 'Far-right' (some may say 'Alt-right) Voice of U.S. Politics; lest we forget, also supportive of a certain Monsieur Farage and Pro-Brexit.

Their 'previous' for spouting lies, utter BS and unsubstantiated drivel is quite simple for anyone to find.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

In summary, Thory ignores US CDC's data on Flu deaths and trumpets some outright lies - from well known far right-wing nutjobs (the 200K deaths claim per annum is around 5 - 6 times the actual average amount)

Funny how he always seems to be reading these types of people........

I'd give up if I were you Thory. You're not very good at this.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Haven't read the US data and not really that interested...

ONS data for the past 5 or so weeks show more people died in England and Wales with flu/pneumonia mentioned on death certificates than covid-19. Even if both pneumonia AND covid were mentioned on the death certificate the number of flu deaths is still higher.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am

Agreed.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

faldO wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:19 pm Haven't read the US data and not really that interested...

ONS data for the past 5 or so weeks show more people died in England and Wales with flu/pneumonia mentioned on death certificates than covid-19. Even if both pneumonia AND covid were mentioned on the death certificate the number of flu deaths is still higher.
Thanks for that.

The number of infections in the UK is gradually increasing and deaths will almost inevitably rise a week or two later due to this. Whether the deaths from covid will once again exceed deaths from flu/pneumonia is an unknown at present. However, a trend showing an increase in infections cannot be good news can it.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

BoniO wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Funny how he always seems to be reading these types of people........
This could be the fault of social media, it radicalises people because you start off reading one tweet, watching one video then afterwards guess what its algorithms 'recommend' you watch/read next?