Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm I'm not ignoring it, if they're so bad and you're worried about being infected then avoid them by locking yourself down.
Sorry doesnt work like that .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 pm Tbf people under 30 have lifestyles that mean they are more likely to spread it. Not saying they should be but there’s much more of an adjustment to normal life for a 25 year old than a 65 year old, generally.

Also the fact that it’s less deadly to younger people and that the younger your are the more immortal you think you are means that whilst it might not be more acceptable, it’s more Understandable why younger people aren’t following the rules as closely.
And therefore transmitting it to others.

Its not like they have a sign on them to say avoid me im a covid spreader .

We arent going to go back to wearing badges to identify certain groups of people are we ?
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 pm Tbf people under 30 have lifestyles that mean they are more likely to spread it. Not saying they should be but there’s much more of an adjustment to normal life for a 25 year old than a 65 year old, generally.

Also the fact that it’s less deadly to younger people and that the younger your are the more immortal you think you are means that whilst it might not be more acceptable, it’s more Understandable why younger people aren’t following the rules as closely.
And therefore transmitting it to others.

Its not like they have a sign on them to say avoid me im a covid spreader .

We arent going to go back to wearing badges to identify certain groups of people are we ?
Seems like it.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:42 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm I'm not ignoring it, if they're so bad and you're worried about being infected then avoid them by locking yourself down.
What doesn't? Do you not know what shielding is?
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

I'd have thought it was fairly obvious that if you have two groups, one with a virus they can spread to any number of people, and one that doesn't have it - then the it's the behaviour of the first group that needs to be addressed.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

What makes you think the second group doesnt have it? They're just as capable spreaders as the first.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

ONS have updated their all settings date-of-death series up to 31 July. Deaths in England now below 20 per day.

Latest dates subject to further updates but 18 deaths on 28 July. The discredited (& officially suspended) PHE series reports 48 for that date, 2.7 times higher!
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am What makes you think the second group doesnt have it? They're just as capable spreaders as the first.
So if everyone is an equally capable spreader, then surely we need to take responsibility for each other, not just ourselves.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:36 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm I'm nignoring it,
Yes but im not sure you do .

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... high-risk/

Advice for people at high risk from coronavirus (shielding)

If you're at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable) from coronavirus (COVID-19), you were advised to take extra steps to protect yourself until 1 August 2020. This was called shielding.

In England, the risk of getting coronavirus is now low enough that you’re no longer advised to shield.

But there are still things you can do to protect yourself and others. You can also still get some support.

Information:

This advice is for people who have received a letter from the NHS saying they're at high risk from coronavirus.

If you're not sure if you're at high risk, 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/

Coronavirus (COVID-19) can make anyone seriously ill. But for some people, the risk is higher.

There are 2 levels of higher risk:

high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable)moderate risk (clinically vulnerable)People at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable)

People at high risk from coronavirus include people who:

have had an organ transplantare having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapyare having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancerare having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppressant medicinehave been told by a doctor they have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)have a condition that means they have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)are taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids or immunosuppressant medicine)have a serious heart condition and are pregnant

Information:

If you're at high risk from coronavirus, you should have received a letter from the NHS.

Speak to your GP or hospital care team if you have not been contacted and think you should have been.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am

If you're at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable) from coronavirus (COVID-19), you were advised to take extra steps to protect yourself until 1 August 2020. This was called shielding.

In England, the risk of getting coronavirus is now low enough that you’re no longer advised to shield.

But there are still things you can do to protect yourself and others. You can also still get some support.

Information:

This advice is for people who have received a letter from the NHS saying they're at high risk from coronavirus.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) can make anyone seriously ill. But for some people, the risk is higher.

high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable)moderate risk (clinically vulnerable)People at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable)

have had an organ transplantare having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapyare having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancerare having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppressant medicinehave been told by a doctor they have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)have a condition that means they have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)are taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids or immunosuppressant medicine)have a serious heart condition and are pregnant

Information:

If you're at high risk from coronavirus, you should have received a letter from the NHS.

Speak to your GP or hospital care team if you have not been contacted and think you should have been.
No mention of over 50s .

But i have posted links about 30s & unders who are becoming infected much more.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

o-no wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am What makes you think the second group doesnt have it? They're just as capable spreaders as the first.
So if everyone is an equally capable spreader, then surely we need to take responsibility for each other, not just ourselves.
Yes everyone should be considerate of others.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:51 am

Information:

Information:

No mention of over 50s .

You are posting things you dont understand.

The link in that stuff you just pasted says you are at risk if you are over 70. The older you get the bigger the risk and the risk of death seems to start at 50. I dont know why you're arguing this as the death stats dont lie.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:55 am

Information:

Information:

No mention of over 50s .

The link in that stuff you just pasted says you are at risk if you are over 70. The older you get the bigger the risk and the risk of death seems to start at 50. I dont know why you're arguing this as the death stats dont lie.
Please reduce the text where i have mentioned over 70s .

Plus you are on about over 50s being locked down

You are starting to sound like Boris Johnson !!

Admin
Have a word
I think the job might be getting to him
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I've received a text message from the NHS for a young lady telling her that the coronavirus test was negative. I've had this number for years so I'm not sure how this has happened and secondly I can't contact them or reply to say they have it wrong! I know her name and date of birth how bad is that?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Tuffers- Your nhs link says the over 70's are at moderate risk.

I mention the over 50's as this is the age at which people start dying in significant numbers, possibly due to underlying health conditions.

Hope that makes things clearer for you.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thor wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:36 am I've received a text message from the NHS for a young lady telling her that the coronavirus test was negative. I've had this number for years so I'm not sure how this has happened and secondly I can't contact them or reply to say they have it wrong! I know her name and date of birth how bad is that?
And I hear they are getting rid of 6000 tracers. Wont help matters.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

People at moderate risk (clinically vulnerable)

People at moderate risk from coronavirus include people who:

are 70 or older
have a lung condition that's not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)have
heart disease (such as heart failure)
have diabetes
have chronic kidney diseasehave liver disease (such as hepatitis)
have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
have a condition that means they have a high risk of getting infectionsare taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
are very obese (a BMI of 40 or above)
are pregnant – see advice about pregnancy and coronavirus

Im not in the moderately at risk or the high at risk categories
but you seem to think it is only 70 plusers who are included in this list &
that i dont understand

Again 40+ have far more responsibilities on them ,
Less dispensible money & time to be gallavanting about spreading the virus 24/7 .

They are far more likely to be responsible human beings & care about there fellow humans .
The 30s & unders who are not married are far more likely to be out & spreading than anyone else.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:55 am
No mention of over 50s .

See
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Just baffling. I'm going to have to foe you now as its a waste of time trying to hold a conversation with you.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Men die at a far higher rate than women .
By your logic all men should lockdown.

Foe away ,
You're not really offering a consistent argument
which can & is picked to pieces.

Far better not to post stuff thats not air tight.

Its what i try to do.
😀
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Yes old men should shield.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

When i get Old i will consider it
😂🤣
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm Yes old men should shield.

Stay safe Kiddo
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Trend is obvious
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:30 pm Image

Trend is obvious
Well im over 50 so am already aware of how quickly health can change & life can ebb away . Covid or not .

I do hope you stay well , i can think of nothing worse than a young child being left without there father , all because he wasnt aware of how quickly life & death can meet so
quickly, regardless of data lists .

Again i say it ,
Be Lucky kiddo