Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Tory Watch

Post by tuffers#1 »

I saw him walking down the main corridor at whipps a.couple of years back
Looking all important , most of the doctors were busy looking at notes on various clipboards
while the suits slathered over him
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

Did you get his autograph?✒😁
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:26 pm He had a distinguished military career before politics, was leader of his party, a cabinet member for 6 years and a leading voice in the successful leave campaign.

What have you done?
Oh the pure irony of it all. :lol:

You decide to paint Iain Smith in a favourable light. That's clearly your choice. However, for balance, let's take this opportunity to dig a little deeper into what kind of person he truly is.

- When he was Tory Party Leader, his Conservative Party Biography claimed he had been a Director at GEC Marconi. This was an outright lie, as he was just a junior marketing executive.

- After spending seven years with GEC Marconi (1981-88), IDS joined a property company, Bellwinch Property Ltd, but was made redundant after six months. He stated “later on in life when I worked my way up I was made redundant, I again had to start all over again from scratch and this time I had kids. I didn’t have any financial backing and I had to pick up the pieces, find another job and get back to work.” Perhaps the 1989 “on the breadline” claim would hold water if he hadn’t, errr, married into the aristocracy seven years earlier? His father-in-law is 5th Baron Cottesloe, in whose £2m country house Duncan Smith now lives.

- His 2001 biography on the Conservative Party website, his entry in Who’s Who, and various other places, stated that he went to the Universita di Perugia in Italy.This is not true: his office now admit that he went to the Universita per Stranieri, which is simply in Perugia. His office also admitted to the Newsnight programme, that he didn’t get any qualifications in Perugia - nor did he even finish his exams!

-- Back in 2002, the then Tory leader was exposed by BBC Newsnight for lying on his CV. “Dunchurch College of Management” appeared in the very first line of his official biography on the Tory party website. However, investigations revealed that he did not receive any qualifications from what was essentially the staff college for his employer GEC Marconi, at which he attended several short courses lasting a few days.

- His Bio also promotes him to the rank of Captain, which is an achievement that seems to have escaped the notice of his regiment. His boast to have been in Zimbabwe carrying the General’s feathery cap is largely true, although the bio claims the appointment continued to 1981, long after independence, which is either another lie, or the General left him behind. Unrecorded is how he got this cushy gig, but maybe the fact that the General and his father in law, Lord Cottesloe (remember him from earlier?), were contemporaries at Eton is nothing more than just a happy coincidence.

- I seem to recall that when he was Leader of the Opposition on £100,000 per year, he was still claiming expenses to pay his wife (remember 'Betsygate'?) to do very light secretarial work. Nice work if you can get it.

- He has previous for being one of the biggest H.O.C. conmen going - claiming £168 on 160 yellow dusters and claiming £39 for a breakfast speaks volumes. Hasn’t he heard of poundland? In October 2003, a senior aide – Dr Vanessa Gearson, gave written evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee on Standards and Privileges about the scandal. In her written statement Dr Gearson revealed that she had written an email to Conservative Central Office expressing her concerns about IDS claiming money from the taxpayer for his own personal expenses - for example his lunches, haircuts, food for his own home, a mirror for his flat, his laundry and – his underwear!

- He also believed (in 2013), that people could live on £53 per week. Despite repeatedly being asked, he declined to take a week out and show people how.

- In December 2013, he told blatant lies to parliament regarding what he knew (and when) in respect of the failure of his flagship Universal Credit policy. Rather than confess what a disaster Universal Credit had become, he then decided to blame the whole fiasco on senior civil servants — throwing his permanent secretary Robert Devereux under a bus by claiming he had been kept in the dark. Nice.

- In June 2015, he told the Commons that his department didn’t hold data on disability and sickness benefit recipients who had died within six weeks of their claims being rejected. Unfortunately for him however, his own department had … errrr … already admitted that it did hold this information and planned to publish it at some point in the future. In a letter Debbie Abrahams MP, Cameron also denied that Duncan Smith had “allowed a culture to be established in which it is acceptable to lie.”

The culture of lying then came in the form of Brexit - something which evidently (from the clip above) Iain Smith is still trying to get his head around.

So summing up - an all-round good egg?

Or a pompous, lying, heartless, clueless, tax payers' money-grabbing charlatan?

I know which way the evidence is stacked.
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

NuneatonO's wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am Iain Duncan Smith's "idiotic" admission on Brexit

The Brexiter, who had previously said that the trade deal with the EU is "oven ready", tweeted his disappointment that the Withdrawal Agreement was tilted so heavily in the EU's favour.

That is the same Withdrawal Agreement which he both voted for and also voted to speed through the House of Commons without the usual time to scrutinise it.

So imagine his surprise when he has just discovered some small print, which ties the UK to the EU's debts.

Do you ever wonder why I constantly refer to Tories as :clown :clown :clown ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fella, it truly beggars belief. No chance of Thory, Prez Biz and co actually watching that clip and processing it though.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 pm I saw him walking down the main corridor at whipps a.couple of years back
Looking all important , most of the doctors were busy looking at notes on various clipboards
while the suits slathered over him
Did his name badge say Iain Smith?

Wonder why he didn’t want that name? 🤔
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

AckneyAwks wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 pm Did you get his autograph?✒😁
Nah if i had stopped i might have p155ed all over his shoes .
Come to think of it i wish i had , i was bustin for a leak
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

NuneatonO's wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:40 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:26 pm He had a distinguished military career before politics, was leader of his party, a cabinet member for 6 years and a leading voice in the successful leave campaign.

What have you done?
Oh the pure irony of it all. :lol:

You decide to paint Iain Smith in a favourable light. That's clearly your choice. However, for balance, let's take this opportunity to dig a little deeper into what kind of person he truly is.

- When he was Tory Party Leader, his Conservative Party Biography claimed he had been a Director at GEC Marconi. This was an outright lie, as he was just a junior marketing executive.

- After spending seven years with GEC Marconi (1981-88), IDS joined a property company, Bellwinch Property Ltd, but was made redundant after six months. He stated “later on in life when I worked my way up I was made redundant, I again had to start all over again from scratch and this time I had kids. I didn’t have any financial backing and I had to pick up the pieces, find another job and get back to work.” Perhaps the 1989 “on the breadline” claim would hold water if he hadn’t, errr, married into the aristocracy seven years earlier? His father-in-law is 5th Baron Cottesloe, in whose £2m country house Duncan Smith now lives.

- His 2001 biography on the Conservative Party website, his entry in Who’s Who, and various other places, stated that he went to the Universita di Perugia in Italy.This is not true: his office now admit that he went to the Universita per Stranieri, which is simply in Perugia. His office also admitted to the Newsnight programme, that he didn’t get any qualifications in Perugia - nor did he even finish his exams!

-- Back in 2002, the then Tory leader was exposed by BBC Newsnight for lying on his CV. “Dunchurch College of Management” appeared in the very first line of his official biography on the Tory party website. However, investigations revealed that he did not receive any qualifications from what was essentially the staff college for his employer GEC Marconi, at which he attended several short courses lasting a few days.

- His Bio also promotes him to the rank of Captain, which is an achievement that seems to have escaped the notice of his regiment. His boast to have been in Zimbabwe carrying the General’s feathery cap is largely true, although the bio claims the appointment continued to 1981, long after independence, which is either another lie, or the General left him behind. Unrecorded is how he got this cushy gig, but maybe the fact that the General and his father in law, Lord Cottesloe (remember him from earlier?), were contemporaries at Eton is nothing more than just a happy coincidence.

- I seem to recall that when he was Leader of the Opposition on £100,000 per year, he was still claiming expenses to pay his wife (remember 'Betsygate'?) to do very light secretarial work. Nice work if you can get it.

- He has previous for being one of the biggest H.O.C. conmen going - claiming £168 on 160 yellow dusters and claiming £39 for a breakfast speaks volumes. Hasn’t he heard of poundland? In October 2003, a senior aide – Dr Vanessa Gearson, gave written evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee on Standards and Privileges about the scandal. In her written statement Dr Gearson revealed that she had written an email to Conservative Central Office expressing her concerns about IDS claiming money from the taxpayer for his own personal expenses - for example his lunches, haircuts, food for his own home, a mirror for his flat, his laundry and – his underwear!

- He also believed (in 2013), that people could live on £53 per week. Despite repeatedly being asked, he declined to take a week out and show people how.

- In December 2013, he told blatant lies to parliament regarding what he knew (and when) in respect of the failure of his flagship Universal Crexit policy. Rather than confess what a disaster Universal Credit had become, he then decided to blame the whole fiasco on senior civil servants — throwing his permanent secretary Robert Devereux under a bus by claiming he had been kept in the dark. Nice.

- In June 2015, he told the Commons that his department didn’t hold data on disability and sickness benefit recipients who had died within six weeks of their claims being rejected. Unfortunately for him however, his own department had … errrr … already admitted that it did hold this information and planned to publish it at some point in the future. In a letter Debbie Abrahams MP, Cameron also denied that Duncan Smith had “allowed a culture to be established in which it is acceptable to lie.”

The culture of lying then came in the form of Brexit - something which evidently (from the clip above) Iain Smith is still trying to get his head around.

So summing up - an all-round good egg?

Or a pompous, lying, heartless, clueless, tax payers' money-grabbing charlatan?

I know which way the evidence is stacked.
You didnt answer the question
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 pm You didnt answer the question
What have I done - was that the question?

Oh I've done lots of things.

Most recently, blowing your defence of this bumhole completely out of the water. :lol:
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

What have you done?
I've definitely done more for my country than he has, simply by not doing the damage he has. As you've helpfully listed.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:06 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 pm You didnt answer the question
What have I done - was that the question?

Oh I've done lots of things.

Most recently, blowing your defence of this bumhole completely out of the water. :lol:
I listed his career achievements, that's not defending him. I happen to think he's a smug prat

I'll take it you have very few your self, short of "Getting Terry a great deal on a fortnight in Malaga"
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 am

What have you done?
I've definitely done more for my country than he has, simply by not doing the damage he has. As you've helpfully listed.
Any positive examples? Beyond doing nothing?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What have you done?
‘Are you a member of Parliament? No, so shut up.’

Come on matey, you’re not even trying anymore. :)
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedO wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:55 am

What have you done?
‘Are you a member of Parliament? No, so shut up.’

Come on matey, you’re not even trying anymore. :)
You can be successful in other ways. Something the last 5 months has re-emphasised.

I personally have even greater respect now for the people that stand by self service checkouts as they're not afforded the same protection as those at tills.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 am

What have you done?
I don't believe I'm currently expected to receive a knighthood. Do my achievements (or lack thereof) stop me from commenting on his? What an odd little post.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:14 am

I don't believe I'm currently expected to receive a knighthood. Do my achievements (or lack thereof) stop me from commenting on his? What an odd little post.
So none then

By all means, keep up the criticism of others though if you want.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:43 am I'll take it you have very few your self, short of "Getting Terry a great deal on a fortnight in Malaga"
I've never booked a holiday to Malaga for anyone (myself included). :lol:

You really must try harder.........or I'll just have to keep ignoring you again - as it simply won't be worth the effort.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:43 am I'll take it you have very few your self, short of "Getting Terry a great deal on a fortnight in Malaga"
I've never booked a holiday to Malaga for anyone (myself included). :lol:

You really must try harder.........or I'll just have to keep ignoring you again - as it simply won't be worth the effort.
So none then.

At least you're honest about it
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 am

So none then

Not listing them doesn't mean they don't exist, they mean I've not listed them. :D

I will obviously keep up the criticism of others, and the praise, why wouldn't I? That doesn't make sense.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

When in a hole stop digging lest the ladder is not long enough.

Mikero
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:59 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 am

So none then

Not listing them doesn't mean they don't exist, they mean I've not listed them. :D

I will obviously keep up the criticism of others, and the praise, why wouldn't I? That doesn't make sense.
Unfortunately that was the original question that nobody wants to answer

Guess this is the Internet though and sh*tting on other people's achievements is always going to be more popular
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Again that doesn't make sense. Do you not ever comment on Orient players then or is that sh*tting on them? Bit snowflakey.

Honestly happy to shake hands on the internet if you want (or bop elbows). I know I gave you a bit of stick a few months ago but I honestly only did it because I thought you could handle it by the looks of your posts, if I'd known it would have upset you to this point I really wouldn't have done so, that's not me. Apologies mate.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 am Again that doesn't make sense. Do you not ever comment on Orient players then or is that sh*tting on them? Bit snowflakey.
Not really as I haven't been to a game for three years
PoliticOs wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 am Honestly happy to shake hands on the internet if you want (or bop elbows). I know I gave you a bit of stick a few months ago but I honestly only did it because I thought you could handle it by the looks of your posts, if I'd known it would have upset you to this point I really wouldn't have done so, that's not me. Apologies mate.
Heh
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Shared from the superb Craig Murray website:
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

This is yet another example of this bent, cheating, lying Tory Governments' incompetence.

I wrote a furious article about the £250 million PPE contract inexplicably awarded to the “family office” Ayanda Capital, an investment house for private wealth tax avoidance. We now learn £150 million of face masks delivered are unusable as they do not meet the required standards.

The Times today reports the NHS year’s supply of top level “FFP2” masks for surgical and similar use – 43 million of them – delvered by Ayanda failed regulatory testing. This was entirely predictable. As I wrote on 8 July:

The normal public procurement tendering process has pre-qualification criteria which companies have to meet. These will normally include so many years of experience in the specific sector, employment of suitably qualified staff, possession of the required physical infrastructure and a measure of financial stability. This is perhaps obvious – otherwise you or I could simply stick in a bid to build the HS2 railway that is £10 billion cheaper than anybody else, win the contract then go and look for a builder.

Ayanda Capital would fail every single test in normal procurement criteria to supply PPE to the NHS. I can see no evidence that anybody in the company had ever seen PPE except when visiting the dentist. They appear to have no medical expertise, no established medical procurement network, no quality control inspection ability, no overseas shipment agents, no warehousing or logistics facilities. We have of course seen this before from these crooked Tories with their “emergency procurement”, with the “ferry company” with no ferries. But this – a quarter of a billion pounds – is on a whole different level.

I understand that normal procurement chains were struggling, but I would still trust any of the UK’s numerous long established and globally successful medical supply companies to go out and get the right kind of medical supplies, of the right quality, and arrange their supply and delivery, rather than throw an incredible sum of taxpayers’ cash at the first couple of City wide boys who said they can do it. From a company with a very dodgy balance sheet.

Plainly Ayanda Capital had no pretence of every having the expertise to undertake this kind of procurement. The excellent piece of investigative journalism (and what a delight it is to be able for once to say that) by the Times’ Billy Kenber reveals something still more horrifying. He says the deal was put together by a “government adviser” who is also an “adviser” to Ayanda Capital.

So there you have the answer to how this obscure and completely inappropriate company landed this massive contract; simple network corruption, with a Tory “adviser” taking a cut from both ends. It speaks volumes of how Johnson’s Tories view government; an opportunity for self-enrichment through getting their hands on the state purse. Covid-19 may seem a disaster to us, to them it is an opportunity. Procurement regulations are suspended. Massive contracts are thrown around with no checks and no competition. Public health functions like test and trace are thrown to new start-up companies owned by their their mates instead of being run by the established public infrastructure in councils and the NHS. It is a big, money-making Tory Bonanza.

We do not just need a public inquiry. We need people to go to prison. All those involved in the Ayanda Capital PPE contract would be a good start.

UPDATE 8:58am
I have just seen this absolutely astonishing thread from Jolyon Maugham at 6.25am this morning. It really is mind-blowing. Not only did the “adviser”, named as Andrew Mills, set this all up, he himself established an intermediary company in the transaction to cream off a fortune
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

The superb Craig Murray who blamed Israel and defended Russia over the Salisbury poisoning

Something about this board attracts the conspiracy theorists
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

"Unfortunately that was the original question that nobody wants to answer"

Heh I answered that question some time ago, you did react to it at the time so I assumed it was targeted at someone else, an apology for the blatent lie would be good.

Mikero