Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Sid Bishop »

faldO wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:01 pm Numbers of infections in the community are on the rise according to the latest ONS study (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 31july2020) but you'd still have to be pretty unlucky to catch it just going to the shops so long as you are careful what you touch and where you put your hands, and wash your hands with gel when you can.

The current estimate is 1 in 1500 in the community. That's 15 Tescos with 100 people and you'd have to be unlucky enough to pick the one with the infected person. Then there'd need to be some interaction that caused you to catch it (they cough or sneeze near you or you touch something they've coughed or sneezed on) - most of the time you'd just walk past them.

It's irritating to see people not complying (except those who have a genuine reason) but I can't get worked up about it any more. People know it's not enforced or enforceable in any practical way and use that as an excuse not to comply, rather than see the bigger picture.

I agree with the points above about the cultural differences - there's not so much of a "common good" spirit here among some people as there is in places like the Far East. I spoke to someone in the US who said the same.
Good post especially ''there's not so much of a "common good" spirit here among some people as there is in places like the Far East. I spoke to someone in the US who said the same.''
For just one instance, Vietnam, it has a long border with China, is a relevantly poor Country compared to the UK, a population of around 95 million, yet no deaths due to Coronavirus !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:21 pm I'm really f*cking angry. Infections are going up day by day, and the reason why is.... The population are not keeping to the rules.
I had to go to two shops before,. Wilkinson & Iceland. (They are next to each other).
Although most people were wearing masks, around 25% weren't. I asked the young lady on the door why they allow people inside, if they're not wearing masks.
She shrugged her shoulders and looked lost.
I shall see people on TV, not practising social distancing all the time, and nothing is done.
The police need to pick a smallish area, and swarm all over that area, nicking people who flout the rules because they think they won't be caught and nothing will happen.
The next day they do the same with another smallish area, etc etc.
The British people seem to not want to do what they have been told, and this seems to have got worse in the last few months.
If we want to beat this deadly virus them we have to keep away from each other.
Pubs should never have reopened, and that applies to other things too.
What's happened to this country? It's changed so much..... And for the worst.
Without being argumentative & understanding fully what you mean ,
Why not use your own mouth .

I was in tesco metro at walthamstow central 3 days ago mask on & over my nose .
Half a dozen people in the place 5 with masks on there chins.

At the top of my voice i said to the security gaurd
Can you point me to the f*cking idiot chin mask section please
Mine is a bit warm .
Under his mask i could see a.broad smile break out & the girl behind the counter
Cackled loudly .

5 people mumbled something or another & found out there chin
straps magically covered there mouths & noses
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

The Government talk about fines for not wearing face masks.

The Government talk about fines for not self-isolating for 14 days.

It's just a complete and utter sham.

They have demonstrated pure incompetence managing this Pandemic since Day 1. Who, quite honestly, is going to take anything that they say seriously?

Cummings; by getting away with breaking lockdown restrictions - because of a weak, incompetent Prime Minister :clown ; was in my honest opinion, a major changing point in peoples' perceptions and willingness to adhere to the rules.
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

No-one with any sense. They make me 🤮.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 am The Government talk about fines for not wearing face masks.

They have demonstrated pure incompetence managing this Pandemic since Day 1. Who, quite honestly, is going to take anything that they say seriously?

Cummings; by getting away with breaking lockdown restrictions - because of a weak, incompetent Prime Minister :clown ; was in my honest opinion, a major changing point in peoples' perceptions and willingness to adhere to the rules.
"But there just doing there best arent they " .
🤡🤡

What are they 7 year olds at schools family sportsday
Or are they getting £100 k + a year with salary & expenses .
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Courtesy of Private Eye:

Number Crunching
Countries the Foreign Office now advises against ‘all but essential travel’ to because of ‘unacceptably high risk’ from Covid-19.

Countries with higher number of deaths from Covid-19 than the UK.

Meanwhile, UK borders remain open to anyone. Open access to people from anywhere; as it has been, from the outset. Just take a look:

https://www.airport-london-heathrow.com/lhr-arrivals

Not even a basic temperature check is being undertaken.

Our only 'measure' is an instruction to self-isolate for 14 days. Are people being checked to ensure they're abiding by this rule? No. They aren't.

You really couldn't make this up, could you. :lol:
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

What about people who have breathing issues? Maybe they are severe asmatics? Suffer from copd? Or take myself and yes I’m wearing a mask where appropriate, but I had a an operation on my nose last Monday, I can’t breathe through it as it has packing inserted, yet I wore a mask and it was horrendous experience. I was struggling for breath. Maybe some are being idiots and maybe some have genuine reasons. Also kids under 11 I beleive are exempted as well.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:56 am
NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 am The Government talk about fines for not wearing face masks.

🤡🤡

You think they do this job for the £100k a year salary? Bless.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:51 pm What about people who have breathing issues? Maybe they are severe asmatics? Suffer from copd? Or take myself and yes I’m wearing a mask where appropriate, but I had a an operation on my nose last Monday, I can’t breathe through it as it has packing inserted, yet I wore a mask and it was horrendous experience. I was struggling for breath. Maybe some are being idiots and maybe some have genuine reasons. Also kids under 11 I beleive are exempted as well.
What was up with your hooter?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:39 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:56 am

🤡🤡

You think they do this job for the £100k a year salary? Bless.
Who mentioned Job ?

A salaried position does not mean a JOB
it means renumeration

Bless
😜
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Thor wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:20 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 pm
Thor wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:54 pm How did I know little boy tuffers would be along shortly after?

Tuffers NO said corbyn was an honorable man, I was just disproving or highlighting the very fact he isn't. I was not commenting on anyone else nor was I suggesting everyone else is wonderful.

Pretty school boy retort by you. Next you'll be telling me your dads bigger than my dad!! Ha ha
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ate-papers

MI5 wanted to murder Irish leader

A British government asked to get rid of a foeign countries leader

Little boy tuffers schools thicko thory as per usual

Keep learning fella
1 day youll be a man & this boy will still keep teaching ya
😁
I'm surprised that you are surprised that this goes on. Do some research fella and you will see MI5&6 are just the tip of a big iceberg.

Look up E Squadron, MI13, The Increment, UKN. We have so much black ops going on at all times its scary. Still I've done my research.
Oh look Thor is right once more. Sounds like a job the increment did.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... istan.html
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I have lost complete faith in Public Health England What a shambles.in the 24 hours up to 9am yesterday NHS recorded just 4 deaths in english hospitals related to Covid PHE added 70 historical deaths . A few days ago NHS reported 9 deaths in english hospitals and PHE added 100 historical deaths. I know reporting structures are under review but it's worrying that the premier health body in England can't report in a timely and accurate manner. Also they promised to print daily figures for people recovered and just haven't bothered.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:54 pm Agree. I think it makes sense to plan for this to be around for at least another year. I was even thinking about getting an office built at the back of the garden. Has anyone done that and have any suggestions?

I came across this, which looks reasonable: www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/log-cab ... den-office

We did. Cost about 10K including digging out and formation of the concrete base etc. Building itself was about 3.5k plus labour to build.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Millions of overs 50s could be given orders to stay at home as part of Boris Johnson's 'nuclear plans' to avoid another national lockdown:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hnson.html

Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people from around the Globe, continue to pour into UK via airports each day, completely unchecked:
https://www.airport-london-heathrow.com/lhr-arrivals

I'm sure that our "World-beating Track & Trace App. will sort things out. :lol:

This Tory Government truly are completely and utterly clueless!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Incarceration of olds should have been the plan from the start.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:21 pm Incarceration of olds should have been the plan from the start.
What's your definition of 'olds'?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Over 50s
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:27 pm Over 50s
Great.

My Wife was 50 last January - so that's one nurse less on her ward then.

Oh no, hang on a minute........it will be five of them.

I don't think you've really thought this through, have you?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

That means Boris Johnson will be incarcerated.
So not all bad news then :lol:
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

NuneatonO's wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm
Great.

Your wife is in an at risk age category, don't you want her to be out of harm's way?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm
Great.

Your wife is in an at risk age category, don't you want her to be out of harm's way?
I would love her to be PW; but she's been at risk since last March (possibly before). There's not a day or night that's gone by without me worrying about her to be honest.

You try and tell her not to go in - but stand by for an earful! ;)
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

In other news, women will be banned from taking jobs to prevent them being raped by Tory MPs.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Coronavirus: Testing for COVID-19 in care homes delayed until September
Ministers had promised to test everyone in care homes for coronavirus throughout the summer.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... r-12041099

Ministers accused of 'negligence' towards care home residents and staff
Ministers have been accused of being “negligent” towards care home residents and staff, after it emerged that the target of delivering regular coronavirus tests this summer has been dropped.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 50176.html

Care home coronavirus testing pledge abandoned
Ministers have abandoned a key pledge to test all people in care homes regularly throughout the summer, plunging the test and trace system into chaos.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/care ... -tqxf6mm6j

Matt Hancock abandons key pledge to test all care home residents for coronavirus
Ministers have abandoned a key pledge to test all care home residents for coronavirus regularly throughout the summer. Government officials had promised to regularly test up to two million care home residents and staff in a bid to keep track of the virus.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13178 ... tt-Hancock

Government abandons yet another Care Home Promise

How bloody dare they put the lives of our most vulnerable citizens and care workers at such risk. They need to be banged up for this abject disregard for peoples' lives.

Lying, incompetent Tory SCUM!

:evil:
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 am Coronavirus: Testing for COVID-19 in care homes delayed until September
Ministers had promised to test everyone in care homes for coronavirus throughout the summer.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... r-12041099

Ministers accused of 'negligence' towards care home residents and staff
Ministers have been accused of being “negligent” towards care home residents and staff, after it emerged that the target of delivering regular coronavirus tests this summer has been dropped.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 50176.html

Care home coronavirus testing pledge abandoned
Ministers have abandoned a key pledge to test all people in care homes regularly throughout the summer, plunging the test and trace system into chaos.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/care ... -tqxf6mm6j

Matt Hancock abandons key pledge to test all care home residents for coronavirus
Ministers have abandoned a key pledge to test all care home residents for coronavirus regularly throughout the summer. Government officials had promised to regularly test up to two million care home residents and staff in a bid to keep track of the virus.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13178 ... tt-Hancock

Government abandons yet another Care Home Promise

How bloody dare they put the lives of our most vulnerable citizens and care workers at such risk. They need to be banged up for this abject disregard for peoples' lives.

Lying, incompetent Tory SCUM!

:evil:
Coronary alert!!! :lol:
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Seems to be a young vs old divide emerging. The olds very bitter at the prospect of an over 50s lockdown, which I understand. But if you were old, wouldnt you want to save yourself?