Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Confucius
Fresh Alias

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Confucius »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 pm
Dohnut wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:43 pm

Mixed feelings on this. Don’t like the nanny state idea at all. I’m a few pounds overweight and don’t need a government to tell me. And yes, it’s hard to lose weight, I exercise every day so my excess must be all muscle, I wish.

But the links between obesity and such things like diabetes and Covid are well known. So what drivel are you referring to.
Hi Dohnut,

Well first and foremost, do people really want to be educated about their weight, by a slobbering piece of blubber; that doesn't look as if he has ever missed a square meal during his entire lifetime?

Drivel as in not recognising that a major part of the problem is the availability of fast food; but Councils appear to be under no Govt. restrictions to stop the issue of food trading licences for pizza outlets, chicken shops, etc. High Streets and Town Centres across this land are full of these godforesaken places.

Drivel as in 'educating people' - really? Yeah, that's really going to work, isn't it. If people are so braindead that they'll pay to have a bloody McDonalds hamburger delivered in a Taxi, then what hope is there honestly of these people ever being 'educated'?

Drivel as in if you want healthier people (particularly youngsters) then ban 'energy drinks' and similar, that are full of sugar. Ban their sale immediately and get them off the shelves.

Get more P.E. back into schools. Educate kids into the benefits of joining football and rugby teams; engaging in more outdoor activities, etc.

A while ago, we got back from our evening two hour walk, before she goes off to work. We are blessed to have two beautiful lakes nearby. Apart from the occasional dog walker, we saw almost nobody. The UK appears to have become a very lazy nation of exercise-shy, unfit, people. Walking seems to be just too much of a challenge for people these days. I even see neighbours driving to the shops that are about a ten minute walk away.

Just to add that I'd be equally critical of this rhetoric, even if it was Labour spouting this nonsense. Actions speak louder than words; so instead of saying what you are going to do, take positive action NOW!
Ok. I understand your feelings but the message itself is not drivel. It’s actually correct. But nothing new, we all know this stuff. What matters more is what positive action is taken to back up words. Positive action as you say.
1FDF7F63-CC9D-458D-BBB0-101673767BF6.jpeg
1FDF7F63-CC9D-458D-BBB0-101673767BF6.jpeg (141.71 KiB) Viewed 563 times
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

With just a few hours remaining of July 2020, where's your 'Oven-ready Deal' then Mr. Johnson :clown.......you lying little Etonian Spaffer?

As you stated, as recently as June 2020:

Boris Johnson has said there is no reason why the outline of a Brexit deal cannot be sealed by the end of July, after he asked EU leaders at a video summit to “put a tiger in the tank” of stalled talks.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... n-boost-eu

See his usual, typical blame game? If it's not care home workers to blame, it's EU Officials. Despite the fact that they are not the ones that need to put "a tiger in the tank" are they Mr. Johnson? They've been ready and willing to negotiate for the past four years; indeed throughout this entire debacle.

David Davis, Dominic Raab, Stephen Barclay and their incompetent teams of Tory minions. What have any of these utter morons delivered to date in relation to any deal? Absolutely sod all. :lol:

Meanwhile, Johnson is backtracking away from his agreed Withdrawal Agreement quicker than he can jump out of a bedroom window, with his trousers in his hand.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/what-hap ... eady-deal/

https://labourlist.org/2020/07/the-tori ... -promised/

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:43 pm
Mikero wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:44 pm " New Labour were excellent exponents of this. Don’t we all know this? Spin, fake news, the modern day world."

If you look at the fact checking after the election Labours output, however spun, was largely correct. That of the Tory Party was largely incorrect and in many cases blatent lies.

Mikero
And? People don’t want labour policies if they did they’d be in power. No one is interested.
Labour policies
Better Housing for all
Better Wages
Better Education
Better Job prospects
Better Industry .

Why do People who dont vote labour not want these things for
There fellow islanders ?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 am With just a few hours remaining of July 2020, where's your 'Oven-ready Deal' then Mr. Johnson :clown.......you lying little Etonian Spaffer?

Boris Johnson has said there is no reason why the outline of a Brexit deal cannot be sealed by the end of July, after he asked EU leaders at a video summit to “put a tiger in the tank” of stalled talks.

See his usual, typical blame game? If it's not care home workers to blame, it's EU Officials. Despite the fact that they are not the ones that need to put "a tiger in the tank" are they Mr. Johnson? They've been ready and willing to negotiate for the past four years; indeed throughout this entire debacle.

David Davis, Dominic Raab, Stephen Barclay and their incompetent teams of Tory minions. What have any of these utter morons delivered to date in relation to any deal? Absolutely sod all. :lol:

Meanwhile, Johnson is backtracking away from his agreed Withdrawal Agreement quicker than he can jump out of a bedroom window, with his trousers in his hand.

With all these attacks on the government why don't you look to become a Labour MP now that you have been made redundant?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 pm
Mikero wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:44 pm " New Labour were excellent exponents of this. Don’t we all know this? Spin, fake news, the modern day world."

If you look at the fact checking after the election Labours output, however spun, was largely correct. That of the Tory Party was largely incorrect and in many cases blatent lies.

Mikero
And? People don’t want labour policies if they did they’d be in power. No one is interested.
Labour policies
Better Housing for all
Better Wages
Better Education
Better Job prospects
Better Industry .

There fellow islanders ?
Not to mention:

- Re-investment in the NHS and a guarantee that it would not be privatised/sold out to USA Pharma.
- A National Education Service and an end to rip-off tuition fees.
- The most ambitious environmental targets of all the major parties.
- An end to the systematic government abuse of sick and disabled people.
- £10 per hour minimum wage.
- Zero hours contracts banned.
- Reversal of the 67% Tory cut to the local government budget.
- Repayment of the pension money stolen from 1950s women.
- The rollout of free super-fast broadband.
- Free dental checkups
- A 33% reduction in rail fares

To name just a few things that clearly didn't 'float Thor's boat'.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Labour policies
Better Housing for all
Better Wages
Better Education
Better Job prospects
Better Industry .

There fellow islanders ?
Not to mention:

- Re-investment in the NHS and a guarantee that it would not be privatised/sold out to USA Pharma.
- A National Education Service and an end to rip-off tuition fees.
- The most ambitious environmental targets of all the major parties.
- An end to the systematic government abuse of sick and disabled people.
- £10 per hour minimum wage.
- Zero hours contracts banned.
- Reversal of the 67% Tory cut to the local government budget.
- Repayment of the pension money stolen from 1950s women.
- The rollout of free super-fast broadband.
- Free dental checkups
- A 33% reduction in rail fares

To name just a few things that clearly didn't 'float Thor's boat'.
The NuneatonO manifesto. Go for it.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:07 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 am With just a few hours remaining of July 2020, where's your 'Oven-ready Deal' then Mr. Johnson :clown.......you lying little Etonian Spaffer?

With all these attacks on the government why don't you look to become a Labour MP now that you have been made redundant?
Errrrrmmm........maybe because it will be quite difficult canvassing in Nuneaton; when I'll be living in Fremantle, Western Australia?

The daily commute to The House of Commons could be quite expensive and laborious too.

Any more bright ideas?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:17 pm

Errrrrmmm........maybe because it will be quite difficult canvassing in Nuneaton; when I'll be living in Fremantle, Western Australia?

The daily commute to The House of Commons could be quite expensive and laborious too.

Any more bright ideas?
Give up posting on UK politics then.

And start preparing to bore us on the Aussie version.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Any more bright ideas?

I'll do you a deal.

When Johnson and his Tory :clown :clown :clown stop lying and screwing up this Country, I'll stop posting about UK politics.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:22 pm

Any more bright ideas?

I'll do you a deal.

When Johnson and his Tory :clown :clown :clown stop lying and screwing up this Country, I'll stop posting about UK politics.
You're leaving. Let it go.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:27 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:22 pm

I'll do you a deal.

You're leaving. Let it go.
Who the hell are you to tell me what to do? :lol:
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Matt "I'll make it absolutely clear" Hancock..........utterly clueless YET AGAIN.

Seriously, just listen to this utter tool from the radio earlier and tell me, in all honesty, whether he is worthy of being a Government Minister; particularly, in such an important position at this time. He doesn't even understand the current rules himself!

Matt Hancock ties himself in knots and tells 'ehhhh, I will absolutely get back to you' .
Note by the way, that this is from the Tory-loving Daily Mail, not The Guardian)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -area.html

Perhaps he needs to concentrate on his own job responsibilities more; rather than shouting across the chamber at Starmer QC, like some petulant child.

You see Ornchurch - this is my very point.How can I possibly not keep sharing/bringing these failures to your attention, when the Tory Party :clown :clown :clown just keep on so readily giving! :lol:
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Not sure whether to laugh at the childish 'Are you an MP? No, so shut up!' or cry at the c*ntish redundancy dig.

Classy as ever from ornchurch.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:45 pm Matt "I'll make it absolutely clear" Hancock..........utterly clueless YET AGAIN.

Seriously, just listen to this utter tool from the radio earlier and tell me, in all honesty, whether he is worthy of being a Government Minister; particularly, in such an important position at this time. He doesn't even understand the current rules himself!

Matt Hancock ties himself in knots and tells 'ehhhh, I will absolutely get back to you' .
Note by the way, that this is from the Tory-loving Daily Mail, not The Guardian)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -area.html

Perhaps he needs to concentrate on his own job responsibilities more; rather than shouting across the chamber at Starmer QC, like some petulant child.

You see Ornchurch - this is my very point.How can I possibly not keep sharing/bringing these failures to your attention, when the Tory Party :clown :clown :clown just keep on so readily giving! :lol:
Bring them to my attention? Gee thanks but i really dont' give a sh*t. :lol:

More to life than getting wound up by the :clown :clown on both sides of parliament.

The sooner you bugger off to Oz the better it will be for your health.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

PM puts his brother forward for a peerage, alongside Ken Clarke, Phillip Hammond and Ruth Davidson. Ian Botham gets one crossbench and Kate Hoey and Ian Austin get nods too. Against tradition but as predicted nothing for John Bercow.

Very Brexity list really. 36 of them too! The Lord Speaker has had a little moan about it and not reducing the sizes (nearly 200 more than the Commons now!).

Oh and a knighthood for Phillip May for services to be unfortunate marriages.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Just seen that Evgeny Lebedev, son of a former KGB Agent, is also on Johnson's list.

I wonder how many Roubles that has cost him?

Or has the Etonian Spaffer been promised a life times' supply of free vodka and caviar? Good luck with the diet, fat boy.

FFS..........You couldn't make this stuff up! :lol:
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

You sound very bitter NO. Let it go and enjoy your life.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 pm You sound very bitter NO. Let it go and enjoy your life.
Is that why you are so prolific on the Labour thread Thory ?
No Life Enjoymemt ?

😂🤣

How's Mr Icke ?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

A bloke terrified of a made up global paedo ring run by bill gates and Obama telling people to relax and enjoy your life :lol: only on here!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 pm A bloke terrified of a made up global paedo ring run by bill gates and Obama telling people to relax and enjoy your life :lol: only on here!
:D

To be fair, he's not terrified of it, he's just awake to it.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Oh well.

It's gone Midnight and it's now August 1st.

So where is your "all-singing, all-dancing, oven-ready Brexit Deal' by the end of July then Mr. Johnson?

A figment of your imagination: more Tory lies.....or perhaps both?

You have destroyed the United Kingdom; and are complicit in the manslaughter of tens of thousands of our people.

I sincerely hope that you rot in Hell.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Quite funny (in an insane sort of way) that at a time when parliament has no say (but all 650 of them collect mega pay) the designated Secretary of State for Transport didn't even know when he went on holiday in Spain that Johnson was about to impose quarantine.

Safe in Tory hands when even the responsible minister doesn't have a clue?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

14 days of driving to Barnard Castle for a 'day out'.

FFS.........rather him than me!
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:28 am Oh well.

So where is your "all-singing, all-dancing, oven-ready Brexit Deal' by the end of July then Mr. Johnson?

You have destroyed the United Kingdom; and are complicit in the manslaughter of tens of thousands of our people.

You seem blue, nun.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:28 am Oh well.

Probably stayed up late just to make this post.

How are Australia going to be impacted by Brexit? :lol: