Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Thor »

Try Google.com for your answer. I'm off out for a walk with my family. Check you out later.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:25 pm Thor hasn’t always been this into his conspiracies has he? What has happened?
Apparently he got WOKE
😁
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm Try Google.com for your answer. I'm off out for a walk with my family. Check you out later.
Google is plugged into your head.

Ill wait for your answer when you come back
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:40 pm
As George W had basically called the world out
With his " WITH US OR AGAINST US " quote ,
It then becomes very difficult to step back.
It does. As we see in all sorts of situations.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Thor wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:51 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:44 pm Is it cold and windy up that tree tonight Thor?
Just palm trees here out my window of and a lovely looking sea. You should try it someday it might just get you to relax a little bit instead of combustion on here.😀
Did you refuse to wear a mask on the plane?

Are you refusing to go to any foreign shops, if they require you to wear a mask?

As for travelling abroad. Dear oh dear. I've spent my entire working life as a Travel Agent; for some of those years, in Argentina. I would imagine, with little doubt whatsoever, that I've been to places you haven't even heard of! :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:39 pm
Difficult but not impossible.

Maybe that is why Corbyn was brutalised
by the mail & others
Because he chose to stand against blairs backing to the invasion. Or it could be a hundred reasons why right hates left & vice versa
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:39 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:30 pm

If theyd shot 20, 000 it still would have been less dead than here.
Would you like troops on the street like this and only allowed out of the house once a week ? Get real, a character like you would not last 5 minutes in draconian type countries like these.
Born in Belfast sid in the 60s.
Visited many times
Was put up against a wall by soldiers whilst going to buy a sunday paper the morning after my cousins wedding . All because they didnt know my face in
The area .

Do leave off Sid
Ive seen troops on streets you old fool
No freedom of speech in those Countries full time, not just now when the virus is here. For just one thing, your resentment about the Country you live in and non stop ranting online about the government would not be tolerated and a knock at your door to take you away for questioning would soon happen. You would not be able to live under the freedom of speech and harsh conditions in general that is a normal way of life in Countries like that. Lastly ageist and insulting comment you finished with, a last resort when online is to insult.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:58 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 pm
Would you like troops on the street like this and only allowed out of the house once a week ? Get real, a character like you would not last 5 minutes in draconian type countries like these.
Visited many times
Was put up against a wall by soldiers whilst going to buy a sunday paper the morning after my cousins wedding . All because they didnt know my face in
The area .

Do leave off Sid
No freedom of speech in those Countries full time, not just now when the virus is here. For just one thing, your resentment about the Country you live in and non stop ranting online about the government would not be tolerated and a knock at your door to take you away for questioning would soon happen. You would not be able to live under the freedom of speech and harsh conditions in general that is a normal way of life in Countries like that. Lastly ageist and insulting comment you finished with, a last resort when online is to insult.
Freedumb of speech isnt all that.
You get a bunch of ars*h#les claiming sh*t like man made viruses etc.

Hate speech means you get arrested & can probably
get you put in jail .
Plenty of people in the U.K didnt even get knocks on there doors , troops & Special police would just steam in & drag Men or Women from there beds
Straight to a special court ( diplock) & put them in jail without a free & fair trial by there peers.

Some of the U.K seemed no different to Nazi Germany or even communist russia or china.
Some UK citizens were sent to the carribean as slaves in the 16th century, torture was practiced on some uk subjects that Saudia Arabia would have been embarrassed about as late as the 1980s .

Im suprised you havent told the board this stuff sid as your a bit of a History Buff.
😁

Still lets get back to Corona virus hey .

Biggest jump of infections today worldwide.
260,000 people .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53454558

260k daily infection rise worldwide
Confucius
Fresh Alias

Post by Confucius »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:20 am

Visited many times
The area .

Do leave off Sid

get you put in jail .
Plenty of people in the U.K didnt even get knocks on there doors , troops & Special police would just steam in & drag Men or Women from there beds
Straight to a special court ( diplock) & put them in jail without a free & fair trial by there peers.

Some of the U.K seemed no different to Nazi Germany or even communist russia or china.
Some UK citizens were sent to the carribean as slaves in the 16th century, torture was practiced on some uk subjects that Saudia Arabia would have been embarrassed about as late as the 1980s .

Im suprised you havent told the board this stuff sid as your a bit of a History Buff.
😁

260,000 people .
Attachments
91F772DF-49EF-4B5A-9022-9EDDAC76AAA6.jpeg
91F772DF-49EF-4B5A-9022-9EDDAC76AAA6.jpeg (112.31 KiB) Viewed 728 times
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Confucius wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:45 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:20 am

get you put in jail .

😁

260,000 people .
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing"

" know the world in yourself , never look for yourself in the world, for this would be to project your illusion"

" Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love".

" When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be".

" Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories".

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️= Not Confucius ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:51 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:44 pm Is it cold and windy up that tree tonight Thor?
Just palm trees here out my window of and a lovely looking sea. You should try it someday it might just get you to relax a little bit instead of combustion on here.😀

Are you refusing to go to any foreign shops, if they require you to wear a mask?

As for travelling abroad. Dear oh dear. I've spent my entire working life as a Travel Agent; for some of those years, in Argentina. I would imagine, with little doubt whatsoever, that I've been to places you haven't even heard of! :lol:
Ha ha thats funny making assumptions on my whereabouts. No I'm in Cornwall.

As for countries I've visited around about 90 so far in my life. Still a few more to do.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Thor wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:50 am
NuneatonO's wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Ha ha thats funny making assumptions on my whereabouts. No I'm in Cornwall.

As for countries I've visited around about 90 so far in my life. Still a few more to do.
You should have gone to Torquay, Devon instead.

From out of your window, you could have possibly seen the Sydney Opera House; the Hanging Gardens of Babylon; and herds of wilderbeest sweeping majestically. You can even ask for a discount if Krakatoa starts erupting.

Cornwall is a good call though.

As for 90 Countries.......seriously? That's more than me!

Or are you perhaps including programmes that you've watched on the National Geographic Channel?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Ha ha I've always been of the opinion the world is a big place and its good to see different cultures, lifestyles, cuisines etc. I'm not so much fan of going back to the same place twice, that's not to say I haven't either.

Safari is on my list of holidays to do. Right now there is zero chance of my family and I getting on a plane.

Cornwall as my wife's family are from there and we are visiting, socially distancing as well, not staying with them for obvious reasons.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Early results from the Oxford covid-19 vaccine trial look promising, though still a way to go:

Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine triggers immune response
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

faldO wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm Early results from the Oxford covid-19 vaccine trial look promising, though still a way to go:

Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine triggers immune response
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839
Certainly very encouraging!

It would be superb if the UK was the leading force behind the vaccine, that would help mankind across the planet.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Top work by the government and the scientists on this one

Looks good
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Where is NuneatonO?

Sir Jeremy Farrar said we should have locked down a week earlier than we did. Professor Whittey says we got it right.

So for months you’ve been banging on like a monotonous drone saying the government got it wrong, the government killed people. Here is the key number one scientist who I actually respect by the way says we got it right.

So what you gonna say now? Boris was right? The government was right? Or is Prof Whittey a fool?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 pm Where is NuneatonO?

Sir Jeremy Farrar said we should have locked down a week earlier than we did. Professor Whittey says we got it right.

So for months you’ve been banging on like a monotonous drone saying the government got it wrong, the government killed people. Here is the key number one scientist who I actually respect by the way says we got it right.

So what you gonna say now? Boris was right? The government was right? Or is Prof Whittey a fool?
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chri ... -d5kb3fmw2

However, Professor Chris Whitty acknowledged that “many of the problems we had came out of lack of testing capacity”, blaming failure to build up public health infrastructure in previous years for leaving Britain unprepared.

It seems that chris Witty has said what Nuneaton has said all along.
" Failure to build up health infrastructure for years".

Had this been built up , lockdown could have begun when they wanted
As it happened in prepared countries .
Leaders of the modern world like
Singapore, South Korea , New Zeland etc.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Is that right Thor? I should be bowing to the Tory Party Scum for getting the lockdown just right?

Errrrrr......what was the lockdown commencement date exactly; because even Matt Hancock doesn't seem to know.

Matt Hancock accused of 'ludicrous rewriting of history' over date of lockdown
The Health Secretary caused confusion by telling the Commons Science and Technology Committee that the "idea that lockdown was 'a date' is wrong"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... g-22392859

Perhaps he was down the bookies at the time, putting a few quid on his donors' nags.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Finally they admit that not one teacher has caught coronavirus from a pupil anywhere in the world. What did I say months ago? Oh yes I was right. You can line up in a row and tell me "yep thor was right"
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Thor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 pm Finally they admit that not one teacher has caught coronavirus from a pupil anywhere in the world. What did I say months ago? Oh yes I was right. You can line up in a row and tell me "yep thor was right"
Do you have a source for that? How could "they" possibly know that given that transmission can sometimes be from asymptomatic carriers?
Last edited by faldO on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Interesting research article showing how numbers of deaths from covid-19 compare to other causes of death, broken down by age range.

How have Covid-19 fatalities compared with other causes of death?
https://wintoncentre.maths.cam.ac.uk/co ... ses-death/
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

faldO wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:22 am
Thor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 pm Finally they admit that not one teacher has caught coronavirus from a pupil anywhere in the world. What did I say months ago? Oh yes I was right. You can line up in a row and tell me "yep thor was right"
Do you have a source for that? How could "they" possibly know that given that transmission can sometimes be from asymptomatic carriers?
This is an example of a misleading Daily Mail headline claiming that, then saying something different in the text. The conclusion?Don't buy or trust the Daily Mail.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:55 pm
Ornchurch wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:39 pm
Difficult but not impossible.

Maybe that is why Corbyn was brutalised
by the mail & others
Because he chose to stand against blairs backing to the invasion. Or it could be a hundred reasons why right hates left & vice versa
He was brutalised by his own incompetence and that of his Momentum clan.