Cisse signed

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Cisse signed

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

As soon as I heard Cisse had signed I came on here and welcomed him to the club and wished him well.
Hows that being stuck dumb ffs?
As for why he came here, I don't know. I expect he was made to feel welcome here by the fans and by the other players here already, but his ultimate reason for coming, I have no idea, nor do I care. The point is he's here and I'm glad that he is
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 pm Our weakest position addressed. Now only need to bring in a couple of full backs, a new centre back, a partner in the middle for Cisse and probably a striker, and we won't be far off from having a decent squad...
I'd hope to see a replacement for Marvin and maybe a full back . I think we're OK on the wings and up front .
No chance we will bring in more full backs, we have Ling,Judd,Turley, Widdowson,Ogie and Sweeney all of who can play there and of course Clay and Brophy have also filled in there. Definately need another centre half I would also like to see another striker, both need to have pace as we simply dont have enough in the squad at the moment.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:40 pm As soon as I heard Cisse had signed I came on here and welcomed him to the club and wished him well.
As for why he came here, I don't know. I expect he was made to feel welcome here by the fans and by the other players here already, but his ultimate reason for coming, I have no idea, nor do I care. The point is he's here and I'm glad that he is
Yes but will you credit the club for getting the deal done, you dont seem willing to credit Ling for his part in the signing but you have jumped at Ling and the club in the past when in your opinion they havent done things right,you have pointedly not given him any credit to Ling for what is a marqee signing.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

DuvB wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:10 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 pm Welcome back Cisse. You are very very welcome here. All the best for next season
Yes, it's a good signing. Who do you think takes the credit for it?
According to most on here, not Ling or Emberton certainly. They will probably credit Ada.

A stand out comment for me is when Ouss said he trusted Ross. When you add that comment to what Viggers first said when he joined us I think this nonsense about players not wanting to join us because of Ross and Martin can be permanently put to sleep .
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:40 pm As soon as I heard Cisse had signed I came on here and welcomed him to the club and wished him well.
Who do you credit for the signing?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:52 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Yes, it's a good signing. Who do you think takes the credit for it?
According to most on here, not Ling or Emberton certainly. They will probably credit Ada.

A stand out comment for me is when Ouss said he trusted Ross. When you add that comment to what Viggers first said when he joined us I think this nonsense about players not wanting to join us because of Ross and Martin can be permanently put to sleep .
You expect a new signing to make negative comments? Cisse in his interview praised everyone, all good PR. And why would anyone sign if they didn’t trust the boss.
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

There's an ouss loose aboot this hoose!
Mr DJ get the get record in.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dohnut wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:12 am

You expect a new signing to make negative comments? Cisse in his interview praised everyone, all good PR. And why would anyone sign if they didn’t trust the boss.
No , I didn't expect him to say anything negative but he still didn't have to sign for us .
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:36 am

No , I didn't expect him to say anything negative but he still didn't have to sign for us .
Maybe he did have to.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Players can’t be as choosy at the moment.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:42 am Players can’t be as choosy at the moment.
Marv was. Ruel seems to be. Choosy that is.

The better players are likely to be in demand and I’d put Cisse in that bracket too.

Sure its a buyers market at the moment. Getting him on loan last season was a great move, signing him this even better. Good business from Ling getting the deal done and the club finding the money. Positive.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Very pleased with this. Cisse plays with some authority in the middle: something we've been crying out for.

There was a distinct upturn in results with him in the side, and the performances of others. Honestly thought he would go to Bolton or similar so well done to the club for this deal.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:36 am

That’s quite right, but I do find interviews with new staff a little tedious. The NL was always the big club comment. Players are egged on to say nice things and players obliged to say nice stuff whilst doing the scarf holding bit. Cheesy theses days. All PR.

The Cisse comment that worked for me was his players want to Play, win games, that means points stuff.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:12 am Very pleased with this. Cisse plays with some authority in the middle: something we've been crying out for.

There was a distinct upturn in results with him in the side, and the performances of others. Honestly thought he would go to Bolton or similar so well done to the club for this deal.
In the interview I think he indicates that the Bolton story was a ‘rumour’ with little truth in it.
I think this shows the trust he has for Ross and maybe the acquisition of Danny Senda also helped.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Like some others, the rumours had me worried that he might choose elsewhere, so very pleased he stuck with us. Need a player with his skillset in midfield if we are to progress in L2.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

slacker wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:21 am Like some others, the rumours had me worried that he might choose elsewhere, so very pleased he stuck with us. Need a player with his skillset in midfield if we are to progress in L2.
Good summing up.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Similar here, I was presuming we’d lost out on him.

Good signing, well done to all those who have got him back in the building.

Watching the Ross interview posted on this thread – and I’m of the school who instinctively likes Ross, has doubts as to whether he’s the man for the job, but wants him to prove those doubts wrong – it struck me that he was coming over as a manager more than he has done before, let’s hope that’s a good sign, though to be fair to him he always interviews well.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:53 pm
Who do you credit for the signing?
I think this has shut the Ling and Embleton-haters up for a while.They will have to work harder to create more negativity towards them.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:42 am Players can’t be as choosy at the moment.
Cisse could be choosy, he had interest from other clubs but decided to come to the Os. So well done Ling and Emblton for getting this stellar signing over the line.

Don't you agree Disoriented?
Last edited by Top of the JES on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

When Cissè came to Brisbane Rd on Wednesday he saw the team training on the pitch and said Boom, Wow, they're a lot better than I remember

Done deal, he signed without hesitation.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

:lol:
y o y o y wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:52 am When Cissè came to Brisbane Rd on Wednesday he saw the team training on the pitch and said Boom, Wow, they're a lot better than I remember

Done deal, he signed without hesitation.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:28 am
Cisse could be choosy, he had interest from other clubs but decided to come to the Os. So well done Ling and Emblton for getting this stellar signing over the line.

Not really Top. Where is the evidence for that?

Just be thankful that in the current climate we got him.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:38 pm

The impact of the current climate goes two ways though. Shouldn't we also be thankful to the board for sanctioning this transaction and the value of the contract offered to Cisse at a time when there is mass revenue loss in football for teams like ours, and thankful that our staff persuaded him to sign for us over others?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Cisse had said so, Embleton said so, interest reported in player by Journo's of other clubs. Still not going to give a Ling and the club some credit then?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Cisse had said so, Embleton said so, interest reported in player by Journo's of other clubs. Still not going to give a Ling and the club some credit then?
Credit for what? Managing to sign a bloke that was on loan at the club last season? Lets see where the squad is come the end of the transfer window before we get too excited.