The moulding of Clay...

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

yumyumO
Fresh Alias

The moulding of Clay...

Post by yumyumO »

I must admit that when I first heard the news of the Clay signing I was very hopeful. A recent Scottish Premiership player in our midst, a very exciting prospect. Sadly he was swallowed up ( largely) in the dross of the early National League debacle, but I am more than happy to see that his true potential is now coming to the fore. I think that he could be a very good asset to the team at a higher level along with Jobi and hopefully a set of fresher young legs to assist in some of the ground coverage.
Lets hope that he gets that chance next season.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: The moulding of Clay...

Post by Disoriented »

He has definitely improved.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

He’s always been a grafter and covered a lot of ground but his play with the ball which has improved dramatically of late. Picking the ball up off the keeper and charging forward, intricate runs past opponents in the final third. He seems to have found his confidence from somewhere.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

He is out of contract at he end of the season, and I havent heard any news about offering him a new one.
Lets hope that behind the scenes this has been happening
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

In our top 3 players this season, he has been immense.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Wouldn't mind him here next year but if we do get promoted he would be no more than a backup imo.

No doubt he has come on this season but has only really had half a season of decent performances in 2 years.

He is very fit and has been so important when the chip shave been down in the last few weeks.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:13 am He’s always been a grafter and covered a lot of ground but his play with the ball which has improved dramatically of late. Picking the ball up off the keeper and charging forward, intricate runs past opponents in the final third. He seems to have found his confidence from somewhere.
He did this last season too. He began the season quite well but tailed off, but this year has been consistent throughout. Without his tenacity we wouldn't be top, always gives his all.
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

Martin Ling told us of his virtues as a player long before any of us were able to see it for ourselves.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

It’s not that we couldn’t see anything, it’s that he wasn’t displaying it.
Urbane Vancelo
Fresh Alias

Post by Urbane Vancelo »

When he made his league debut as a sub for Charlie Lee(?) against Sutton last season, I distinctly remember saying "he looks quite good".
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:16 am He is out of contract at he end of the season, and I havent heard any news about offering him a new one.
Lets hope that behind the scenes this has been happening
Makes perfect sense from both the club and the player's perspective that we've heard nothing about contract talks. There most likely won't be any until after the last game of the season. Doesn't mean we won't have an offer ready or know the sort of contract he wants.
Joe_Mayo
Fresh Alias

Post by Joe_Mayo »

I've not really been a fan of his but he is winning me over. Against Fylde at home I was very impressed and he was my MOM.
If he could add a few shots and goals to his game then he'd be more like the complete central midfielder that I'd like to see.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

Joe_Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm I've not really been a fan of his but he is winning me over. Against Fylde at home I was very impressed and he was my MOM.
If he could add a few shots and goals to his game then he'd be more like the complete central midfielder that I'd like to see.
He's too busy doing the job of two midfielders.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Urbane Vancelo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:05 pm When he made his league debut as a sub for Charlie Lee(?) against Sutton last season, I distinctly remember saying "he looks quite good".
You were wrong for almost 12 months then?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:29 am Wouldn't mind him here next year but if we do get promoted he would be no more than a backup imo.

No doubt he has come on this season but has only really had half a season of decent performances in 2 years.

He is very fit and has been so important when the chip shave been down in the last few weeks.

If we're lucky enough to retain him next season he should be a first team starter whether we're in League two or the National League and deservedly so.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

RicketyCricket wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:11 pm
Joe_Mayo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm I've not really been a fan of his but he is winning me over. Against Fylde at home I was very impressed and he was my MOM.
He's too busy doing the job of two midfielders.
Agreed
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:16 am In our top 3 players this season, he has been immense.
This