NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS ???

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

koppio
Fresh Alias

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS ???

Post by koppio »

I haven't seen any recent news about the National League Play-Offs required to decide the team which will replace Stevenage, ( or, perhaps, Macclesfield.) No doubt play-offs are being organised there but I have seen no reports, in particular no dates and confirmation that Barnet qualify on a points per game basis. Because of my location, I rely on the BBC website. Does anybody know what's happening?
koppio
Fresh Alias

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS ???

Post by koppio »

O.K. - I have now found that info. on the internet.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Think there were some delays, for example I understand that Chester’s board meet today to confirm whether they intend participating in the National League North play offs, and Bath were trying to raise funds to compete in the South equivalents – quite a cost to teams with Covid tests etc, so am guessing that may partly explain why it’s all gone quiet while teams sort themselves out. Time is ticking though.

Macclesfield survive in the EFL by the way - as Bury has already departed.
koppio
Fresh Alias

Post by koppio »

Thanks EastDerehamO. Much appreciated. Re Macclesfield - I was referring to Stevenage Chairman talking "legal action" and, apparently, other clubs in our league being dissatisfied with Macclesfield's most recent points deduction, ( not enough,) and, perhaps, that decision being reviewed to a harsher penalty. Anyway, 1 club to go down and Barrow + one other to come up.