Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:10 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:32 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:20 pm
When we have right-wingers / Tories on here, praising The Labour Party leader, that should tell you all you need to know about TLOTO
I'm neither right-wing nor Tory, but thanks for your concern
You what!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you read your own posts?
I have no concern whatsoever for you.......just to put you straight
I’ve never voted Tory, or for any party that could be considered ‘right-wing’, in my life

HTH
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Well, as a millennial, how many elections have you voted in then?
🙂
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

RLB sacked for supporting an ‘anti-Semitic’ article.

Good decisive action taken by I-Keir. Proves she was desperately unsuitable to be leader as she would have continued the previous regime’s tolerance on the subject.

The penny has dropped and for the better.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 pm RLB sacked for supporting an ‘anti-Semitic’ article.

Good decisive action taken by I-Keir. Proves she was desperately unsuitable to be leader as she would have continued the previous regime’s tolerance on the subject.

....Except the article was factual......American cops have been trained by Israeli IDF......not every US cop, but some of them.
This sacking stinks......Starmers masters , the board of Deputies, tell him to sack her......and he does
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

I think Starmer only took her into the shadow cabinet because he had to, given that she was a fellow leadership contender and he wanted to present himself as fair. But she was assigned a fairly lowly post. Looking at his shadow cabinet: many of the noisiest Corbyn haters were rewarded with posts.
I think he sacked RLB to create a certain image around himself.

Don't know if he has done it yet but he wanted to pay 'compensation' to those staffers who did the Panorama 'hate Corbyn' show. The leader of that group has since been exposed as having actively undermined the party's work in dealing with unacceptable words (in the leaked 800 page report from April).
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Too much inaction at the top of the party for too long on anti-Semitism, and hearing a Jewish Labour leader interviewed yesterday, that was what had to change, and well done Starmer for changing it – in that sense RLB has probably partly paid the price for what has gone on previously.

It’s also true that it hasn’t done his image any harm at all as a decisive leader.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

EastDerehamO wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:52 am Too much inaction at the top of the party for too long on anti-Semitism, and hearing a Jewish Labour leader interviewed yesterday, that was what had to change, and well done Starmer for changing it – in that sense RLB has probably partly paid the price for what has gone on previously.

It’s also true that it hasn’t done his image any harm at all as a decisive leader.
Sensible, logical comments.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Looks like a new Labour leadership challenge could be on the cards:

Starmer’s cynical actions lead to unintended consequences as left begins preparations for leadership challenge
https://skwawkbox.org/2020/06/25/exclus ... challenge/

There has been real concern among northern MPs that Starmer is seen as posh, elite and out of touch, as well as a feeling that enough is enough after Starmer’s lack of resistance to Tory recklessness while he comes down hard on black women MPs and others of the left and conducts a ‘diversity-audit’ led by white staff.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

faldO wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 am Looks like a new Labour leadership challenge could be on the cards:

Starmer’s cynical actions lead to unintended consequences as left begins preparations for leadership challenge

There has been real concern among northern MPs that Starmer is seen as posh, elite and out of touch, as well as a feeling that enough is enough after Starmer’s lack of resistance to Tory recklessness while he comes down hard on black women MPs and others of the left and conducts a ‘diversity-audit’ led by white staff.
What complete tosh.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 pm
Disoriented wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 pm RLB sacked for supporting an ‘anti-Semitic’ article.

....Except the article was factual......American cops have been trained by Israeli IDF......not every US cop, but some of them.
This sacking stinks......Starmers masters , the board of Deputies, tell him to sack her......and he does
He is doing the decent human, just and electable thing.

Will the penny ever drop with you, or are you happy to be unelectable, supporting anti-semitic idiots and watching Boris and co. laugh with contempt?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Disoriented wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 pm Well, as a millennial, how many elections have you voted in then?
🙂
Believe 4 GEs, 3 European elections, 3 London mayor elections and a handful of local elections that I’ve bothered with
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Is Israel the only nation they work with for training sharing?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

faldO wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 am Looks like a new Labour leadership challenge could be on the cards:

Skwawkbox. Righto.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 am Have a little look...click these links to see American cops, Are being trained by Israeli paramilitaries.......fact

https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-ar ... or-israel/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-police ... ns/5714997

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Hum ... -0005.html

https://progressive.org/dispatches/us-p ... en-191007/
So?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

E10EU wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:24 pm I think Starmer only took her into the shadow cabinet because he had to, given that she was a fellow leadership contender and he wanted to present himself as fair. But she was assigned a fairly lowly post. Looking at his shadow cabinet: many of the noisiest Corbyn haters were rewarded with posts.
I think he sacked RLB to create a certain image around himself.

Don't know if he has done it yet but he wanted to pay 'compensation' to those staffers who did the Panorama 'hate Corbyn' show. The leader of that group has since been exposed as having actively undermined the party's work in dealing with unacceptable words (in the leaked 800 page report from April).
He only took her into the shadow cabinet so that he could do this. He knew that at some point she would say something against Israel, and he'd be able to do this.

I was prepared to give him a chance but this was the final straw. I'm now homeless, although £5 a month better off.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

PoliticOs wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 pm Hmm, so I probably won't do this opinion justice, however;

I think you could definitely constitute what Maxine Peake has said as dogwhistle antisemitism. I would say, I don't think she necessarily meant or sees it as antisemitic (though she might), and probably the same for RLB. I don't think either of those are outright antisemitic, but like too many on the left, they are letting 'Israel' seep into too much of their thinking and talking and letting genuine concerns there walk into casual racism. It didn't even need saying, nor retweeting.

It is 100% fine to criticise the government and policy there, but Israel isn't the only nation to work with the US on policing. She could have said Iran, she could have said Russia, she could have said New Zealand, or the UK. But she said Israel, as if it needs to be held to a higher regard than any of those other countries mentioned and that is, for me, where it becomes casually antisemitic. It seems like there has been a leap made, and that leap is where it gets dodgy.

I also agree people confuse antizionism with antisemitism, but some will always see both of those as much the same thing.

Those on this side of the political spectrum, myself included, are very keen on people educating themselves on where their blind spots may be. This is a blind spot. Time to take the medicine and reflect, learn and change.

Unfortunately for RLB, she has just had 5 years of people constantly talking about this blind spot. It is incredibly thick to not think this link will be made, she made it impossible for Starmer. She should have known better.
https://jinsa.org/archive_post/major-su ... p-program/

Enforcement Exchange Program (LEEP) has supported the American law enforcement community by bringing groups of American law enforcement executives to Israel to study methods and observe techniques used in preventing and reacting to acts of terrorism.

By Marsha Halteman
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:42 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 pm Hmm, so I probably won't do this opinion justice, however;

I think you could definitely constitute what Maxine Peake has said as dogwhistle antisemitism. I would say, I don't think she necessarily meant or sees it as antisemitic (though she might), and probably the same for RLB. I don't think either of those are outright antisemitic, but like too many on the left, they are letting 'Israel' seep into too much of their thinking and talking and letting genuine concerns there walk into casual racism. It didn't even need saying, nor retweeting.

It is 100% fine to criticise the government and policy there, but Israel isn't the only nation to work with the US on policing. She could have said Iran, she could have said Russia, she could have said New Zealand, or the UK. But she said Israel, as if it needs to be held to a higher regard than any of those other countries mentioned and that is, for me, where it becomes casually antisemitic. It seems like there has been a leap made, and that leap is where it gets dodgy.

I also agree people confuse antizionism with antisemitism, but some will always see both of those as much the same thing.

Those on this side of the political spectrum, myself included, are very keen on people educating themselves on where their blind spots may be. This is a blind spot. Time to take the medicine and reflect, learn and change.

Unfortunately for RLB, she has just had 5 years of people constantly talking about this blind spot. It is incredibly thick to not think this link will be made, she made it impossible for Starmer. She should have known better.

Enforcement Exchange Program (LEEP) has supported the American law enforcement community by bringing groups of American law enforcement executives to Israel to study methods and observe techniques used in preventing and reacting to acts of terrorism.

By Marsha Halteman
This type of thing is not unusual.

Visiting and observing others does not mean agreeing with and copying what they do. In fact it could just as easily teach them what not to do. Understanding mistakes made and lessons learned. There is no way it can be assumed that just because one agency employs a tactic that it will automatically be copied by another.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:03 pm

By Marsha Halteman

Visiting and observing others does not mean agreeing with and copying what they do. In fact it could just as easily teach them what not to do. Understanding mistakes made and lessons learned. There is no way it can be assumed that just because one agency employs a tactic that it will automatically be copied by another.
Wasnt there total denial of any link between the 2 though ?

Thats what I read .
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

By Marsha Halteman

Exactly. In much the same way as say sharing a platform with someone doesn’t mean you agree with the other party...
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedO wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:13 am

By Marsha Halteman

Exactly. In much the same way as say sharing a platform with someone doesn’t mean you agree with the other party...
I’ve never criticised politicians having dealings with, let’s say, people whose (choosing words carefully) values/morals/actions may differ from ours, when it’s an important part of their job and necessary for the good of the nation. That’s daily life no doubt.

Outside of for the national good, any personal association with or support for these organisations is, in my opinion unnecessary and an absolute disgrace. It’s up to people to look at individual incidents and determine their national benefit potential to decide which of the two categories they fall into.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Starmer ahead as preferred PM. Good to see we finally have an electable leader who is decisive when he needs to be.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:35 am Starmer ahead as preferred PM. Good to see we finally have an electable leader who is decisive when he needs to be.
My cat would be preferred to johnson if it were to be in a poll!!
Orientnil
Fresh Alias

Post by Orientnil »

Yes but we wouldn't want another polecat in charge.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Labour front bencher Lloyd Russell Moyle outs himself as a misogynist by suggesting JK Rowling exploited her experiences of sexual assault and abuse to advance her views on transgender people.

The Corbynistas are full on imploding