Pubs reopening - Will you go?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Pubs reopening - Will you go?

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Orient Punxx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:11 pm Thanks to Lockdown my daily consumption is now so high I can’t afford the pub!
🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 = £8

or £40 down the pub!
:lol:
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I’ll be there even though I stopped drinking over a year ago! Got to keep the old stiff upper lip and not give in to this bloody virus.
Milo_T
Fresh Alias

Post by Milo_T »

Thor wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:06 pm I’ll be there even though I stopped drinking over a year ago! Got to keep the old stiff upper lip and not give in to this bloody virus.
Fair play to you. Especially given the context. I've drunk far more than I'd have liked too
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Will go 'at some point': definitely not going to dash in there this weekend though, will be mental no doubt and from my perspective it can wait.

Fingers crossed the repercussions from a health perspective, are very limited or nil.
DaggerHam
Fresh Alias

Post by DaggerHam »

Thor wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:06 pm I’ll be there even though I stopped drinking over a year ago! Got to keep the old stiff upper lip and not give in to this bloody virus.
But of course you will be giving into it by giving the virus more of a chance to infect you. Stay away from gatherings.
The 2 metre rule is STILL in place - 1 metre applies ONLY where a 2 metre distance can't be avoided.
Drink Well - Drink Wisely - Stay At Home
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

This ^^^^^^ 100%
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Scuba Diver wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 am Will go 'at some point': definitely not going to dash in there this weekend though, will be mental no doubt and from my perspective it can wait.

Don't think they are open this week 🤔🤔
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I fear Wetherspoons could be the perfect storm

Think about their clientele, pissed up young people from multiple households mixing with unhealthy old pissheads all inebriated by cheap booze
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

rather have a few mates that I trust round my house for a beer than go to a boozer.

It'll be full of pissed up wallies who won't give a crap about anyone other than themselves especially in the first month.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 am I fear Wetherspoons could be the perfect storm

Think about their clientele, p*ssed up young people from multiple households mixing with unhealthy old pissheads all inebriated by cheap booze
Will be like spearfishing in a barrel of salmon.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Will play a watching game here first, to see the impacts of the relaxation. The mrs is on the high risk list due to colitis meds knackering her immune system, so need to be more careful.

Dereham pubs will be seriously down on numbers Friday and Saturday nights though, restrictions will have a big impact.

Fingers crossed my lads night out will be ‘GO’ again by September.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Might have one in the pub where me boat is moored but only as it's got a massive beer garden and they're properly set up for social distance serving.

Otherwise I'd rather irrigate my own colon with Ajax powder than step into a boozer. No way it'll be policed properly and plenty of desperate unscrupulous publicans will be doing next to nowt to get anyone to socially distance. Wetherspoons will just be a massive petri dish of disease (which to be fair most of them were before Covid-19).
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:55 pm Might have one in the pub where me boat is moored but only as it's got a massive beer garden and they're properly set up for social distance serving.

Otherwise I'd rather irrigate my own colon with Ajax powder than step into a boozer. No way it'll be policed properly and plenty of desperate unscrupulous publicans will be doing next to nowt to get anyone to socially distance. Wetherspoons will just be a massive petri dish of disease (which to be fair most of them were before Covid-19).
Subtle way to let people know about your yacht
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm
Admin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:55 pm Might have one in the pub where me boat is moored but only as it's got a massive beer garden and they're properly set up for social distance serving.

Was it that transparent?
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Yeh i miss darts and my game of pool
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Was it that transparent?
In hindsight I'm not sure why I was initially shocked the board's biggest leftie owned a super yacht
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Was it that transparent?
In hindsight I'm not sure why I was initially shocked the board's biggest leftie owned a super yacht
F*** me Pammy. I've gone from a boat to a super-yacht in 3 posts.

Any chance you can do the same for my house?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Wetherspoons would be best avoided for at least six months.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 am I fear Wetherspoons could be the perfect storm

Think about their clientele, p*ssed up young people from multiple households mixing with unhealthy old pissheads all inebriated by cheap booze
Count me in then. Looking forward to a nice Wethspoons breakfast. I’m assuming they will have put all reasonable safety measures in place. I doubt they want a second lockdown either
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 am

Count me in then. Looking forward to a nice Wethspoons breakfast. I’m assuming they will have put all reasonable safety measures in place. I doubt they want a second lockdown either
Yup, they all need to have stringent safety measures in place and with a vastly reduced maximum number of clients. As opposed to some smaller, maybe more desperate for custom pubs, I'd think they'll be one of the safer pub options. Most are big pubs and many have garden space. Not sure if all Spoons, but most will have bouncers on the doors to help management enforce the rules. It's still going to be more risky to drink in a pub rather than in a garden clearly, but that's a personal choice.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

There's been pubs open in Bethnal Green through the lockdown and not just for takeaways 🤔 , I for one have not been tempted and won't be rushing to any pubs for a while yet as much as i like a pint .
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Was it that transparent?
F*** me Pammy. I've gone from a boat to a super-yacht in 3 posts.

Any chance you can do the same for my house?
And just how do you travel from your mansion to your super-yacht? It wouldn't happen to be on your 'scooter' by any chance?

slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Hold on. So Crilly lives in a palace, has a superyatch moored down in Monaco, and moves between the two in a private helicopter? Who would have guessed? Bet he’s also got one of those apex road tw*t top dollar Range Rover’s too :x
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:47 am Wetherspoons would be best avoided for at least six months.
I'll quite happily avoid Wetherspoons for the rest of my life.

The thought of putting even a copper coin into the pocket of an insidious individual such as Tim Martin, makes me cringe.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Agreed. Much better to put that coin into a jar held out by the 'exotic dancers' in Southend's Cornucopia.