Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tory Watch

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Out of curiosity ,how many people in America have died by eating chlorinated chicken ?
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

It is very difficult to compare, and probably a little unfair to do so due to our different healthcare and ways of collecting data but using each government's own data around 1 in 66 people in the UK get food poisoning whereas around 1 in 6 in the US do.

It's cautious information but their food standards and ours are very different so it is a fair worry.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:09 pm It is very difficult to compare, and probably a little unfair to do so due to our different healthcare and ways of collecting data but using each government's own data around 1 in 66 people in the UK get food poisoning whereas around 1 in 6 in the US do.

It's cautious information but their food standards and ours are very different so it is a fair worry.
That’s a fair comment
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:49 pm
HeyO wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:15 pm Chlorinated chicken: Urrrrrrggggggghhhhh
You can eat it with your chlorinated salad from the EU
Chlorinated argument bud.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Tory councillors accused of racist posts on social media

Linda Symes is suspended from Conservative party and Robin Vickery steps down over comments:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... cial-media

Dear, oh dear, oh dear.

"I hear you" says (spouter of racist comments) Johnson.

Of course you do Spaffer. Of course you do.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:53 pm
JimbO wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:50 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Because it wasn't about schools or the kids education. It was about getting the parents back to work.

I note that none of the private schools were being forced to go back. They restart in September. 11 Cabinet ministers with kids in private education. They really don't give one single fuk about youse.
Just wander how you expect the economy to restart if the kids don't go back to school. Yes schools shouldn't be used as childcare but most parents set up their work lifestyle as children have to attend school. It's not something we choose as a lifestyle option it's a legal requirement for your child you take that away and people who have both parents working are screwed.
The point is that it is too early to restart the economy because the risk of infection is still very high and the schools going back exacerbates that risk.
So Max how many people do you think will have jobs if they keep up the lockdown for several more months. Then the already underfunded services will have to be cut further as they'll be no bugger paying taxes to fund em.

Are you in employment,unemployed or retired?. I think your point of view is hugely shaped by your personal circumstances you seem to be one that the closing down of society doesn't affect as badly as others. I'm married with a kid have been working have been all the way through but my job won't be here early next year if the country doesn't get back to some sort of normal and will probably struggle to get another job as I'm pushing 50.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

My point of view is shaped by my wider concern for the health of the nation and more specifically the workers.

I'm self employed and haven't been in my taxi for 12 weeks. Like you I have concerns that there won't be anything to go back to once we get the all clear.

But I don't believe it is worth sacrificing people to meet the needs of the capitalist class and their economy.

There will need to be some new thinking about reviving and rebuilding the economy after lockdown and the upcoming no deal Brexit. Both shitshows brought to you by a far right incompetent Tory Party led by an albino Buffoon.

There will always be an abundance of jobs in the South East simply because of the demand generated by it's large population and its over importance to the economy.

I understand it's a worry for now about the security of your employment and the future for your family but another couple of months should see things improve.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Max I wish I was in your shoes and could afford not to work for 12 weeks, if your struggling to make ends meet then I admire your benevolence for the greater good. I have a child who has minor special needs not enough to be able to go to school but this is affecting their mental health and needs the structure that school brings. I personally don't think this will be resolved in the next 10 weeks enough to make a difference and that the Tories are just kicking the can down the road so as not to have make a real decision.
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

I have just been told that i am back to work on the 5th July and i cant wait. When i go back i face the prospect of redundancy as 200 (25%) of workers are being let go due to the virus. Those that remain have been told to accept a 15% pay reduction. When people say things will be ok in two or three months if we stay at home they are deluded. Buisinesses are falling by the wayside now and thousands are losing thier jobs for a lot of people the spring, summer and autumn is there prime time and being closed will cost them dearly.
When i was furloughed like many others on 80% pay i was worried but i have found that i am actually no worse off as i have saved on fuel,travel expenses and other costs inccured whilst working. IF people were to be honest the furlough scheme has been like being on a paid holiday with the added bonus of three months beautiful weather. And NO i dont have a garden to enjoy the sunshine i live in a apartment looking out onto a car park on oneside and a main road on the other. I know about all the risks involved as my job puts me at risk but the longer we stay home the worst for everyones health and mindset. If we stay off work for a never ending period then godhelp the hundreds and thousands out of work.I'm older than you Max as you said you were a kid during the seventies, whereas i was starting work at 15 in the print 8 to 6 five days a week take home £7.90. I also worked for a Authority and was on the winter of discontent strike for public sector workers which lasted well over ten weeks with no pay. That was during the freezing cold winter picketing everyday. So i know the value of work from all sides private and public but we must get back to a normal life as soon as possible.
I have never worked in the taxi industry, i do have many friends who do and hopefully things turn out ok for you.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

The Etonian Spaffer owned once again, by Starmer QC.

Keir Starmer tells PM to take responsibility for his failures on schools:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-schools

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6693818

If I was a Tory, I'd be truly embarrassed by the dire weekly performance of this utter :clown

All that he can now resort to is a raft of outright lies - albeit, that must come easily, given he's had a lifetime's experience delivering this type of spiel
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

He was an utter shambles when asked about the schools and the offer of help.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

His own MPs are turning against him. He's an utter f*cking dud and I can't believe there are many apologists left in the entire country. If you put a lazy, arrogant and totally substance free dosser into the most senior position in the country, and he surrounds himself with the worst sycophants going, then it can't be a surprise that we'll be completely found out. Our education secretary is a fireplace salesman ffs.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 pm His own MPs are turning against him. He's an utter f*cking dud and I can't believe there are many apologists left in the entire country. If you put a lazy, arrogant and totally substance free dosser into the most senior position in the country, and he surrounds himself with the worst sycophants going, then it can't be a surprise that we'll be completely found out. Our education secretary is a fireplace salesman ffs.
Who finds some of the burning questions of the day too hot to handle.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:49 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 pm His own MPs are turning against him. He's an utter f*cking dud and I can't believe there are many apologists left in the entire country. If you put a lazy, arrogant and totally substance free dosser into the most senior position in the country, and he surrounds himself with the worst sycophants going, then it can't be a surprise that we'll be completely found out. Our education secretary is a fireplace salesman ffs.
Who finds some of the burning questions of the day too hot to handle.
And he can’t keep secrets.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Ex-Ofsted chief: failure to plan for reopening of schools is ‘astonishing’

Sir Michael Wilshaw criticises lack of consultation with heads to make classes in England safe:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... oronavirus

This is yet another example of complete mismanagement by this pathetic, incompetent, lying Tory Government.

Yet some people on here prefer to blame it on the 'Left-wing Unions'! :shock:
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thought this was a great video from Rory Stewart articulating what most sane and balanced people thought back in march. It highlights how the government have tried to pin this all on the scientists from the start and how hindsight isn't needed in this case, like the government are desperate to make out.

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Priti has got Labour MPs on the run 😁😁😁

NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Robert Jenrick ducks Commons question on planning intervention
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rd-desmond

This is disgraceful conduct from a Front-bench Minister.

A privileged, smug, lying , pompous tw*t. Typical of your average Tory, I suppose.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Don't follow the Government too closely they are prone to sudden U Turns.

Mikero
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Tuffers, do you think that the outcome of this staggering level of negligent incompetence on the part of this inept Tory government of clowns (sorry PW for mentioning them) will see them showing absolute humility?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:28 am Tuffers, do you think that the outcome of this staggering level of negligent incompetence on the part of this inept Tory government of clowns (sorry PW for mentioning them) will see them showing absolute humility?
Dont be daft !
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 am
Disoriented wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:28 am Tuffers, do you think that the outcome of this staggering level of negligent incompetence on the part of this inept Tory government of clowns (sorry PW for mentioning them) will see them showing absolute humility?
Dont be daft !
I am an optimist fella.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Mikero wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:53 pm Don't follow the Government too closely they are prone to sudden U Turns.

Mikero
As you were saying..........

Brexit: UK drops plans for full border checks on goods from EU

The UK government has dropped plans for full border checks on goods coming in from the EU from 1 January 2021:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... der-checks

Taking back control of our borders, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:11 pm Robert Jenrick ducks Commons question on planning intervention
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rd-desmond

This is disgraceful conduct from a Front-bench Minister.

A privileged, smug, lying , pompous tw*t. Typical of your average Tory, I suppose.
The current breed of far right Tory has utter contempt for democracy.

Evidenced by suspending parliament, avoiding accountability in parliament and refusing to appear on C4 and Newsnight. The list is endless.

They are corrupt to the core.