Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:45 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 pm Rarely that I find myself agreeing with the Daily Mail BUT they certainly seem to be less than pleased with the current Tory circus at the moment.

NHS Covid-19 contact tracers say the 'shambolic' system is 'obviously not ready' and admit they have nothing to do all day - despite being paid up to £27-an-hour.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-day.html

Yet STILL the lies continue:
The government insisted yesterday that the system was running efficiently.

What an utter bunch of lying, gormless, :clown :clown :clown :clown :clown .
Should we not be rejoicing that we have a system in place to track and trace issues, but have nothing much to do. Would you prefer they were working their bollocs off trying to track down cases. Personally I’d be delighted if they were bored shitless every day. A sign Measures are working.
You know you're talking crap don't you. They're not busy cos the app isn't working properly. But you know that.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:57 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 pm Rarely that I find myself agreeing with the Daily Mail BUT they certainly seem to be less than pleased with the current Tory circus at the moment.

NHS Covid-19 contact tracers say the 'shambolic' system is 'obviously not ready' and admit they have nothing to do all day - despite being paid up to £27-an-hour.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-day.html

Yet STILL the lies continue:
The government insisted yesterday that the system was running efficiently.

What an utter bunch of lying, gormless, :clown :clown :clown :clown :clown .
Should we not be rejoicing that we have a system in place to track and trace issues, but have nothing much to do. Would you prefer they were working their bollocs off trying to track down cases. Personally I’d be delighted if they were bored shitless every day. A sign Measures are working.
You know you're talking crap don't you. They're not busy cos the app isn't working properly. But you know that.
I know nothing of the sorts and neither do you. Proof?

You just want to believe we have no system in place, one that is intended to save lives. Odd. Then again, not really. I honestly believe some would love the numbers of deaths to rise just to have a dig.

What is undoubtedly the case is that there will be a learning curve and that is to be reasonably expected with the implementation of any new, complex system. Takes most people time to work out how their new telephone works!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Or iPad.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:03 pm However many it is, it's far more than it was.
I think PW that many people just don’t understand the numbers. The 100,000 and now 200,000 relates to capacity, not actual tests. By increasing the capacity it enables the government to widen the scope of those who are eligible to ask for a test without the system failing. Current capacity is 207,000 yet yesterday only 128,000 were carried out. The Government are now urging more people to take the test.

The U.K. was slow out of the blocks for reasons that have been covered. Now we have become the leading tester in Europe. All we need to do is encourage those eligible to take the test.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:49 pm

You just want to believe we have no system in place, one that is intended to save lives. Odd. Then again, not really. I honestly believe some would love the numbers of deaths to rise just to have a dig.

What is undoubtedly the case is that there will be a learning curve and that is to be reasonably expected with the implementation of any new, complex system. Takes most people time to work out how their new telephone works!
I guess I must be a masochist to keep responding to your drivel. As previously stated, this government chose the most difficult route available by going for a ground up build for the Track & Trace app. They didn't have to go down that route. It's been widely reported that the app is flakey at best. The fact that the staff who will act on the data generated are sitting around is clearly an indicator that the app is not working. It would be inconceivable that there were no "incidents" to investigate - not when R is close to 1 and we are still seeing high numbers of new infections & deaths.

To imply that anyone arguing that this government is inept & guilty of causing many thousands of unnecessary deaths would be happy for death numbers to rise is clearly sickening. You appear to be judging others by your own (very low) standards. Shame on you.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 pm

I guess I must be a masochist to keep responding to your drivel. As previously stated, this government chose the most difficult route available by going for a ground up build for the Track & Trace app. They didn't have to go down that route. It's been widely reported that the app is flakey at best. The fact that the staff who will act on the data generated are sitting around is clearly an indicator that the app is not working. It would be inconceivable that there were no "incidents" to investigate - not when R is close to 1 and we are still seeing high numbers of new infections & deaths.

To imply that anyone arguing that this government is inept & guilty of causing many thousands of unnecessary deaths would be happy for death numbers to rise is clearly sickening. You appear to be judging others by your own (very low) standards. Shame on you.
I think you are right, don’t bother responding to me. I struggle with people so focused on political point scoring they talk bollocks.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm
BoniO wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 pm

I think you are right, don’t bother responding to me. I struggle with people so focused on political point scoring they talk bollocks.
Oh how amusing. You lose the argument so, as per usual, you resort to the "you have a closed mind, blah, blah...... you're just scoring political points blah, blah". You really don't have anything to add to the discussion. I have asked you several times to produce a list of this governments successes during this pandemic. You have consistently refused to do so. That tells me all I need to know about you and your ability/desire to debate. You're a complete tosser and a sickening apologist for this morally corrupt government.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Has the app even been launched yet?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Cool it with the insults too
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I would have thought that as a country (uk) we should have spoken to the Asian countries who had previous experience of sars, what 10-15 years ago. Asked them for a heads up, ask them to give us some pointers of best practice, stuff to avoid as they worked out it didn’t work for them etc.

Then work with and or improve their trace and track stuff and go for best in class. One issue as I understand it has been around civil rights which we are more likely to respect than some other countries. However, there has to be a half way house that would have worked whilst respecting people rights?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Spain announce zero deaths due to Dovie for the first time since March and only 71 new infections.

It’s also being reported that the Italians are saying that he virus is actually weakening.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 pm I would have thought that as a country (uk) we should have spoken to the Asian countries who had previous experience of sars, what 10-15 years ago. Asked them for a heads up, ask them to give us some pointers of best practice, stuff to avoid as they worked out it didn’t work for them etc.

Then work with and or improve their trace and track stuff and go for best in class. One issue as I understand it has been around civil rights which we are more likely to respect than some other countries. However, there has to be a half way house that would have worked whilst respecting people rights?
Didnt Dominic write about it on 1 of his blogs years ago
:- . Edit
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 pm Cool it with the insults too
Prez Biz a protected species now?

His contrarian views need calling out.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Is it over?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Deaths closer to 50,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... gures-show

And criticism of the testing figures which, in summary, are being put out incorrectly to make the government look better which is risking them being useful.

HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Liars, Charlatans, Freaks
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Thor wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 pm I would have thought that as a country (uk) we should have spoken to the Asian countries who had previous experience of sars, what 10-15 years ago. Asked them for a heads up, ask them to give us some pointers of best practice, stuff to avoid as they worked out it didn’t work for them etc.

Do we know the U.K. have not looked at others. I would be amazed if the developers had not taken note of other systems available around the world. Pretty common practice when developing systems to take note of what others have to offer, then improve or customise to suit.

Criminal if this was not done.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:57 pm

I have no issue with people challenging my views. Far from it! Healthy. I’d go so far as to say I love a good debate. The problem is Dis that all too often it deteriorates into mindless insults that do very little to develop the debate.

I get bored with this stuff these days so frequently choose to leave the children’s play pen.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 am Deaths closer to 50,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... gures-show

And criticism of the testing figures which, in summary, are being put out incorrectly to make the government look better which is risking them being useful.

Government are claiming 120,000 tests a week but include in that tests for scientific research and kits posted out. They won't disclose how many kits get returned and haven't provided test figures for 10 days.

Best estimates from non liars is 40,000 a week.

Tories Out.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Disoriented wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:57 pm

Can do this without name calling.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I was messaged by the mods about a comment made to prez biz last week too - be careful, he’s obviously got a hold on them.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

143 new Coronavirus related deaths recorded in England in the past 24 hour reporting period.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedO wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:28 pm I was messaged by the mods about a comment made to prez biz last week too - be careful, he’s obviously got a hold on them.
Given my run ins with the mods that’s highly, highly unlikely.

What I have done recently is moderated by some way my adversarial style of posting. Trying hard to be the better person and not react to some of the crap I get with insults in kind back.

Hence why quite often I just back out of some debates when I can see where they are going. Like I said to Dis, I just leave the kiddies play pen.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 pm 143 new Coronavirus related deaths recorded in England in the past 24 hour reporting period.
It's 324 deaths since yesterday in UK. Governments own figures
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 pm 143 new Coronavirus related deaths recorded in England in the past 24 hour reporting period.
It's 324 deaths since yesterday in UK. Governments own figures
Yeah, just seen this in the conference and thought the same. The figure of 143 came from BBC live text earlier in the afternoon. Guessing that the 143 figure must just be from hospitals and the 324 is whole community