Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NuneatonO's »

Maybe a temporary side effect of Coronavirus, apart from failing eyesight, is memory loss?

If so, no doubt Michael Gove will let us know that he's had that as well.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I'm not defending Cummings, let me be clear about that. I do believe he was there for other motives maybe a deal with GSKB?

Anyway, my next door neighbours daughter had covid, she is 22 and she complained of problems with her eyes, pain, vision issues so maybe it's a real issue for some people?

Still whilst I believe the eyes could be a problem, I just don't believe Cummings story period.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Even if it is true its still bizarre considering how dangerous it is
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Good to see almost all of the experts trying to convince the government to not ease lockdown.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

BBC describes it as 'some scientific advisors', not 'almost all the experts'. Why is that good anyway? This lockdown needs to end.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yes it does need to end I think we can all agree on that. The balance to when that point is must be a very think like e between too early or too late. Maybe it would be better to err on the side if being late and save more lives than to be early and start up a second wave. That's where the science people I think are leaning.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Don’t, Knows where the Australia racist stuff came from. Never really saw any, very easy going in general. Nice people, they have their issues like we all do. WA often gets known not as Western Australia but Wait Awhile. The pace is nice, except of the highways!

Fremantle WA mentioned above has to be my favourite place in WA. Many of the suburbs have nice housing but little charm. Bland. Fremantle on the other hand has a lot of character.

My post was in no way meant to be a criticism, far from it, I like Scott Morrison, I was hugely impressed with his briefings. Straight talking, no nonsense. Just highlighting the issues faced all around the world. Even the counties that escaped the worse had their problems. This is an evil virus. People need to unite to defeat it, argue the toss about mistakes once it is under control. There will be plenty of time to hold the Government to account.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:30 pm Don’t, Knows where the Australia racist stuff came from. Never really saw any, very easy going in general. Nice people, they have their issues like we all do. WA often gets known not as Western Australia but Wait Awhile. The pace is nice, except of the highways!

Fremantle WA mentioned above has to be my favourite place in WA. Many of the suburbs have nice housing but little charm. Bland. Fremantle on the other hand has a lot of character.

My post was in no way meant to be a criticism, far from it, I like Scott Morrison, I was hugely impressed with his briefings. Straight talking, no nonsense. Just highlighting the issues faced all around the world. Even the counties that escaped the worse had their problems. This is an evil virus. People need to unite to defeat it, argue the toss about mistakes once it is under control. There will be plenty of time to hold the Government to account.
I’m amazed you didn’t notice how racist Australia is.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 pm BBC describes it as 'some scientific advisors', not 'almost all the experts'. Why is that good anyway? This lockdown needs to end.
Short sighted.
The numbers of infections are more than when we went into lockdown aren’t they.

Just an unnecessary risk of having to go back into lockdown in a few months, or in autumn when immunity runs out. Just as the rates start going down the government start easing rather than when they are all the way down.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It’s not the number of infections, it’s the rate at which it spreads.

For whatever reasons, it was spreading faster then than it is now.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:44 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 pm BBC describes it as 'some scientific advisors', not 'almost all the experts'. Why is that good anyway? This lockdown needs to end.
Short sighted.

Just an unnecessary risk of having to go back into lockdown in a few months, or in autumn when immunity runs out. Just as the rates start going down the government start easing rather than when they are all the way down.
Are they? What numbers are you looking at? Don't forget we are testing far more people now, so will find more positive cases.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

UpminsterO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:14 pm The next general election you can vote that group out It's simple and it's plain

The problem is the alternative party always present their election manifesto to the general public with content that is too unappealing to the main stream public and then we get the age old problem of the left and their policy as the alternative

Back to this virus Boris had the Italians / spainish / South Korea / Singapore / China that had evidence of cases management and health care policies and preventative measures to use as an indication

From my understanding he failed to use this wisely

Further Grove is just a political parasite and got discarded in his ambitions and suddenly gets back in the front line spouting of his crap

His words defending Cummings is a joke and the hypocrisy will be his political death sword one day hopefully
Byker Grove perhaps?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

HeyO wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:00 pm
UpminsterO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:14 pm The next general election you can vote that group out It's simple and it's plain

The problem is the alternative party always present their election manifesto to the general public with content that is too unappealing to the main stream public and then we get the age old problem of the left and their policy as the alternative

Back to this virus Boris had the Italians / spainish / South Korea / Singapore / China that had evidence of cases management and health care policies and preventative measures to use as an indication

From my understanding he failed to use this wisely

Further Grove is just a political parasite and got discarded in his ambitions and suddenly gets back in the front line spouting of his crap

His words defending Cummings is a joke and the hypocrisy will be his political death sword one day hopefully
Byker Grove perhaps?
No I think he means Grove Tuesday, in honour of slimy pancakes.

I’d like to think all those morons out and about ignoring guidelines would have learnt too. Second spike? We’ve seen blips elsewhere. It will happen in the U.K. too. Unavoidable.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Government not following scientific advice anymore. Public not following government advice anymore. Wonder what will happen.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm Government not following scientific advice anymore. Public not following government advice anymore. Wonder what will happen.
What scientific advice are they not following? Certainly Cummings did not follow advice.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Dohnut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:26 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm Government not following scientific advice anymore. Public not following government advice anymore. Wonder what will happen.
What scientific advice are they not following? Certainly Cummings did not follow advice.
There's been several SAGE members coming out all week begging the government to re-think the easing of lockdown. The R rate is still near 1 and infections are still in the thousands. It's herd immunity undercover of easing.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:26 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:44 pm
Short sighted.

Are they? What numbers are you looking at? Don't forget we are testing far more people now, so will find more positive cases.
How many people are we testing now?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

. It's herd immunity undercover of easing.

That’s exactly it. Presumably the tories are happy to rumble on with 300 or so deaths per day as a small price to pay to Save the Economy.*

*making the rich people richer
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

However many it is, it's far more than it was.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

How many is it caca?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:52 pm
Dohnut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:26 pm
There's been several SAGE members coming out all week begging the government to re-think the easing of lockdown. The R rate is still near 1 and infections are still in the thousands. It's herd immunity undercover of easing.
I thought this point was covered. Up To 50 people attend SAGE. It has been acknowledged that they don’t all agree. I’d be amazed if they all did. Ever.

Two have publicly disagreed therefore meaning the other 48 are OK, or at least not prepared to oppose in public. That is 96% not opposing the measures. But of course what gets reported is that some disagree. Makes for a good story. But to suggest they are not following the science is clearly misleading.

Personally, being the father of a teacher who went back full time this morning and looking after reception I’d be quite happy to wait another 2 weeks. But the evidence emerging of increased concerned over the mental well-being of the young, depression, is another factor. A teacher on TV correctly explained the concerns over teachers and children, including the risk staying away.

An amazingly complex issue. And of course parents are free to make personal judgements without risk of penalty.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:36 pm
Dohnut wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:30 pm Don’t, Knows where the Australia racist stuff came from. Never really saw any, very easy going in general. Nice people, they have their issues like we all do. WA often gets known not as Western Australia but Wait Awhile. The pace is nice, except of the highways!

I’m amazed you didn’t notice how racist Australia is.
Maybe I don’t go round looking at bad traits of people in a country where I am a guest. I tend to respect the people and the laws of countries I visit and not go out of my way to dig up the dirt. So no, was not looking for it and didn’t notice it. What I did see is a country with decent people on the whole.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Rarely that I find myself agreeing with the Daily Mail BUT they certainly seem to be less than pleased with the current Tory circus at the moment.

NHS Covid-19 contact tracers say the 'shambolic' system is 'obviously not ready' and admit they have nothing to do all day - despite being paid up to £27-an-hour.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-day.html

Yet STILL the lies continue:
The government insisted yesterday that the system was running efficiently.

What an utter bunch of lying, gormless, :clown :clown :clown :clown :clown .
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedO wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:02 pm . It's herd immunity undercover of easing.

That’s exactly it. Presumably the tories are happy to rumble on with 300 or so deaths per day as a small price to pay to Save the Economy.*

*making the rich people richer
You need to think about what the economy is and how many millions of ordinary people rely on it. And the human impact when it suffers.

Its far bigger than making a few people richer.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 pm Rarely that I find myself agreeing with the Daily Mail BUT they certainly seem to be less than pleased with the current Tory circus at the moment.

NHS Covid-19 contact tracers say the 'shambolic' system is 'obviously not ready' and admit they have nothing to do all day - despite being paid up to £27-an-hour.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-day.html

Yet STILL the lies continue:
The government insisted yesterday that the system was running efficiently.

What an utter bunch of lying, gormless, :clown :clown :clown :clown :clown .
Should we not be rejoicing that we have a system in place to track and trace issues, but have nothing much to do. Would you prefer they were working their bollocs off trying to track down cases. Personally I’d be delighted if they were bored shitless every day. A sign Measures are working.