Minneapolis

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Minneapolis

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

When you compare a decent human like Cuomo ( above), with that racist gangster Trump, it makes you weep, that the gangster is the one with the most power
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Interesting stats on death by cop in the USA.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585 ... e-by-race/
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thor wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:27 pm Interesting stats on death by cop in the USA.

Seeing as the white population is around 76%, and the black population is around 13%, it shows pro rata, cops shoot far more black people than white people, which we already know
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The biggest problem facing a young black kid in London today isn’t the police and their supposed ‘institutional’ racism, it’s other black kids that carry knives. There are plenty of countries with poverty and low crime rates by the way so there has to be an answer? Protesters are white middle class, guilt ridden, patronizing, virtue signalling, apologists. It's their way and means of being able to claim to be multi cultural and caring while crossing the road if they saw a black fella coming the other way.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:26 am The biggest problem facing a young black kid in London today isn’t the police and their supposed ‘institutional’ racism, it’s other black kids that carry knives. There are plenty of countries with poverty and low crime rates by the way so there has to be an answer? Protesters are white middle class, guilt ridden, patronizing, virtue signalling, apologists. It's their way and means of being able to claim to be multi cultural and caring while crossing the road if they saw a black fella coming the other way.
What is your solution to knife crime fella?

How about society providing black youth with more positive things to aspire to?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Can't they aspire to the same things as other youths?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Just seen the latest 'protest' footage. Looks like one of those Purge films.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:01 am Can't they aspire to the same things as other youths?
They can, with encouragement and support. Being persecuted tends to kill aspiration.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ah, so we don't need to provide black youths with more positive things to aspire to?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

NY Times have put together this reconstruction of events leading up to George Floyd's death.

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:27 pm Interesting stats on death by cop in the USA.

Yeah, interesting to White Supremacists for sure.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

They are indeed interesting stats.

Particularly when you put those numbers into perspective; and consider that only 13.4% of Americans in the U.S.A. are black.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/ ... /PST045219

Your point was again?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Beradogs wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:18 pm
Admin wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:00 am Red card for Redcard.
Redcard has given a right wing view that millions of people in this country hold. Nothing more. Banning him/her is daft. Oh well, the left still not learned any lessons and wonder why nobody votes for them.
Fully agree.

I am black, and I didn’t find redcard’s view in any way offensive. Some of it was clumsily expressed but not racist and it’s definitely not racist to say most black people are killed by other black people.

I hope the policeman who killed George Floyd gets done for murder. Smashing up local businesses in response is not acceptable and a total displacement of anger. It’s possible to hold both of these views.

If I’m ever killed by police, please don’t burn a city to the ground in my name.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

How about just Leyton?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

For anyone who has been on a picket line in the UK back in the 80's, this sort of thing won't come as any surprise whatsoever:

The years may change.........but the pre-arranged tactics certainly don't.

Very sad.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:10 am
I hope the policeman who killed George Floyd gets done for murder. Smashing up local businesses in response is not acceptable and a total displacement of anger. It’s possible to hold both of these views.
This.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Turns out Macho Man Trump was hiding in a secret basement on Friday night sh*tting his massive pants.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Dunners wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 am NY Times have put together this reconstruction of events leading up to George Floyd's death.

Sickening. Don't understand why they're asking him to get in the car whilst kneeling on him.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:30 am Turns out Macho Man Trump was hiding in a secret basement on Friday night sh*tting his massive pants.
Nearly as cowardly as Johnson hiding in a fridge.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:30 am Turns out Macho Man Trump was hiding in a secret basement on Friday night sh*tting his massive pants.
Nearly as cowardly as Johnson hiding in a fridge.
Yes, Offcourse he was.

https://news.sky.com/story/george-floyd ... e-11998401
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:26 am The biggest problem facing a young black kid in London today isn’t the police and their supposed ‘institutional’ racism, it’s other black kids that carry knives. There are plenty of countries with poverty and low crime rates by the way so there has to be an answer? Protesters are white middle class, guilt ridden, patronizing, virtue signalling, apologists. It's their way and means of being able to claim to be multi cultural and caring while crossing the road if they saw a black fella coming the other way.
Haha this is so true. Don’t forget they’re woke because they listen to drill music - without knowing what any of the lyrics mean of course

I put this mainly down to gang culture, which proves a massive danger to young black people in the US and UK. Successive governments have been unable to address this issue and I don’t have faith that anyone can change that any time soon
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:10 am
If I’m ever killed by police, please don’t burn a city to the ground in my name.
If I'm ever killed by police, you all have my express permission to go and fuk things up.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

The coppers just watching (wasn't there 3 cars and therefore at least 6 officers present?) are just as guilty as the bloke on his neck. It sums up the police over there and to an extent, over here. Rather than do the right thing, stay silent and protect your mates. Disgusting.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 am
Haha this is so true. Don’t forget they’re woke because they listen to drill music - without knowing what any of the lyrics mean of course

I put this mainly down to gang culture, which proves a massive danger to young black people in the US and UK. Successive governments have been unable to address this issue and I don’t have faith that anyone can change that any time soon
Lazy analysis. You aren't wrong and it's not easy but why is there gang culture, and why is it unequally black people involved?

It's a cop out to say 'it's because of gang culture' which is effectively the same as what governments have done. As far as i'm aware, no governments in my life time have taken steps to improve the inequalities and issues that lead to gang culture.

But then again, I'm white (dont listen to drill music though)
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

A lot of gang culture revolves around drugs. It is seen as a way to buck the system and make easy money without working hard in the conventional manner.
A revolutionary idea; make drugs legal and take away the majority of what they fight over and hold in esteem.

How would people feel if all drugs from Class A down were made legal if it had an effect on reducing the gang culture?